Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus to Swindon?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Apparently right through the club the players are happy. Although the new training ground is not due to be complete until the summer next year the pitches may be ready sooner and i believe the squads will be able to train on them. I think next season 2014/2015 will be a great season.

It was always the intention that some pitches would be available for training this season. The facilities at the uni pitch are awful and unplayable in winter.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It was always the intention that some pitches would be available for training this season. The facilities at the uni pitch are awful and unplayable in winter.

I suppose that is why the youngsters will play there home games and train at the Uni instead of using Lancing College, because the pitches at the new training ground will be ready.
At least with the Uni having no students at the moment the players get full use of the canteen etc without any distractions.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Isn't that where it all started for him? MacDonald has walked out on Swindon, an opening for Gus perhaps?

Yes it is, and not as far fetched as it might sound. Swindon remember have at least played in the Premier League, (we never have), and until the mad Italian upped sticks for Sunderland earlier this year were favourites for promotion, so could have been playing alongside us in the Championship this season.

Gus could, in my opinion, do far worse than eat humble pie, go back to his roots in management, and relaunch his career at the County Ground.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Poyet was FANTASTIC for this club. Overall one of the best things that has happened to us but his constant touting was tedious, irritating and totally disrespectful to his employers. He made mistakes, but we were his first management job so that is to be expected and he often seemed more concerned about not losing rather than winning but his legacy is indisputable imo. Anyone who thinks he was shit is totally clueless about modern football.
I agree with Icy in the end it became more about protecting his CV than BHAFC winning games. Handling the pressure in the big games sorts out the men from the boys and I don't think he can.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Yes it is, and not as far fetched as it might sound. Swindon remember have at least played in the Premier League, (we never have), and until the mad Italian upped sticks for Sunderland earlier this year were favourites for promotion, so could have been playing alongside us in the Championship this season.

Gus could, in my opinion, do far worse than eat humble pie, go back to his roots in management, and relaunch his career at the County Ground.

Why the concern for Gus?

Aug 23, 2011
Right from the youngsters, through the development squad to the first team squad, the coaches have the same training methods. This was put in place whilst Gus was manager and is based on the Spanish style of teams like Barca. Oscar has stated that this will continue but the ball will get up the pitch quicker.

true however i did hope Gus would be more attacking this season as the progression continued similar to the title winning season in League 1 as the squad was improved. But c'est le vie, onwards and hopefully upwards and if Oscar can continue the work like we all hope then we are in for a good season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here