Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus to Swindon?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Gus is a whore and hope he gets **** all. He treated us like a bloke who shags anything and was waiting for his next lay but what the **** found out is that we aren't like that whereas we don't open our legs for anyone but looking for a sable releationship where its based on trust.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Gus is a whore and hope he gets **** all. He treated us like a bloke who shags anything and was waiting for his next lay but what the **** found out is that we aren't like that whereas we don't open our legs for anyone but looking for a sable releationship where its based on trust.

281 posts in and yet to find one I agree with.
This one's just zzzzzzzzz

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
There could be a managerial vacancy coming up at Smellhurst in mid November :wink:

I think Bill Gates and the ghost of Steve Jobbs would have to shut the internet down for a bit if that happened. It would be an unbearable level of snipping, whining, lording it up, etc, etc...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It puzzles me why fans fall over themselves to state 'they never liked him anyway and want him to fail'. It was good while it lasted, and it lasted double the length of average time for a manager at any given club. It was time for the parting of the ways, but I wish him all the best for the future and look back with pleasure at how far he brought us. Time to move on.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It puzzles me why fans fall over themselves to state 'they never liked him anyway and want him to fail'. It was good while it lasted, and it lasted double the length of average time for a manager at any given club. It was time for the parting of the ways, but I wish him all the best for the future and look back with pleasure at how far he brought us. Time to move on.

Big. Fat. This.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

Yes I want him to fail. He's nothing but a crack whore. Always touting himself about as he thinks we are a small club and he thinks that the club are where we are because of him, oh do us a fuccking of Gus.

There's shit loads of managers that come above Gus. What did Gus do for us? won division one. WOW!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Yes I want him to fail. He's nothing but a crack whore. Always touting himself about as he thinks we are a small club and he thinks that the club are where we are because of him, oh do us a fuccking of Gus.

There's shit loads of managers that come above Gus. What did Gus do for us? won division one. WOW!
You forgot our highest league placing for thirty years :thumbsup: And reorganising our entire play style and culture. And making Adam El-Abd good :D

If you were at work and you thoiught there was abetter job opportunity higher-up would you go for ir? Poyet saw us a step up the ladder rather than the end goal? So what?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
You forgot our highest league placing for thirty years :thumbsup:

And won us what?

And reorganising our entire play style and culture. And making Adam El-Abd good :D

And won us what?

If you were at work and you thoiught there was abetter job opportunity higher-up would you go for ir? Poyet saw us a step up the ladder rather than the end goal? So what?

Has poyet taken us up the ladder? He's been sacked because he's shit and taken us as far as he can. Bloom has hired the next chap who can take us to a whole new level whereas Poyet was flat linning us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Gus is getting too much stick for which he is not due. Yes he appeared to use us as a stepping stone to a big job but he still took us from a relegation team in Div 1 to a side within striking distance of the Premier. For that he deserves credit apart from the fact the he completely changed our approach as a club to playing in the Championship and the general attitude of everybody connected with the club. So to say he is shit is totally wrong in every context

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I think that Gus is getting too much stick for which he is not due. Yes he appeared to use us as a stepping stone to a big job but he still took us from a relegation team in Div 1 to a side within striking distance of the Premier. For that he deserves credit apart from the fact the he completely changed our approach as a club to playing in the Championship and the general attitude of everybody connected with the club. So to say he is shit is totally wrong in every context

Changed our approach? Please get the fuuck over this saying as it's bloody boring now. Gus got lucky and only now that he realizes what he had and what a good thing he had going here. He'll never ever get the same respect from other chairman like Bloom.

Gus thought he was god and could take the piss and could treat Bloom how he wanted but Bloom kicked his size 5 shoes up Poyets arse and said do one you loud mouth cock. Poyet was flabbergasted as he thought he could walk on water, maybe he could until Bloom stuck a pin in poyet bubble.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have never prior to Poyet been regarded as one of the best examples of a footballing side but we are now so yes he did change our style and approach to the game despite what some wish to say now. Had he said after the play off game I shall get us automatic next season he would still be held up as a hero and god but for whatever reason, best known to himself he chose not to and is now getting stick but it is still totally wrong to say he was or is shit as a manager. Perhaps not as good as he thinks but not shit.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
We have never prior to Poyet been regarded as one of the best examples of a footballing side but we are now so yes he did change our style and approach to the game despite what some wish to say now. Had he said after the play off game I shall get us automatic next season he would still be held up as a hero and god but for whatever reason, best known to himself he chose not to and is now getting stick but it is still totally wrong to say he was or is shit as a manager. Perhaps not as good as he thinks but not shit.

Our style is better than Real Madrid, Barcelona , AC Milan, Bryan Munich, have I missed something? Poyets football was boring, negative! 10 steps back, sideways and back and 1 step forward. Played not to lose. Yeah you're right, bloody great football. NOT!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Poyet was FANTASTIC for this club. Overall one of the best things that has happened to us but his constant touting was tedious, irritating and totally disrespectful to his employers. He made mistakes, but we were his first management job so that is to be expected and he often seemed more concerned about not losing rather than winning but his legacy is indisputable imo. Anyone who thinks he was shit is totally clueless about modern football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here