Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus threatens to walk out.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Seems like the anti Gus feelings of some on here are affecting their stance over this, if a manager who had no connection to the club had done this, they wouldn't get this sort of reply

The manager has spoken out to ensure that things are not done against his wishes as he has to work with the new signings. Maybe he felt he had to do it this way because there was the chance they would still sign the player or players he didn't want despite previous agreements. It's his job & future on the line after all

Ryan Harley, Stephen Dobbie, CMS then play a style that doesn't suit him. Mmm

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If/when Sunderland get relegated, does the Director of Football get the sack too? After all, it's his players who didn't achieve staying up.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Despite being a great coach he's mentally volatile and a liability.
God knows how long he will last.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would you have him back ? go on you would wouldnt yer :wink:
If faced with the same 'disappointing' pool of candidates that Parrish has been turned down by, I'd have Poyet back in a heartbeat.

Fortunately we're not, so no I wouldn't take him back.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
TB is a fair reasonable guy , as is Ellis Short by all accounts.
GP is playing with fire and compromising Tarro and Charlie/kids education etc. What an opinionated egotistical person he is turning out to be. What a surprise. CO left the wonders of East Preston (W Sussex) for Sunderland - he must now be wondering why ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Pretty football? Boring, negative don't miss it at all. We are third through our season without many first teamers, when they are back we will see what OG can do. Pretty football, not at Bristol last year, nor Barnsley or against Palace. Poyets football is slow and predictable, don't miss it.

We beat Palace 3-0, Barnsley 5-1 and City 2-0. I wish we could match that this season instead of some of the boring 45 minutes we've had until we get going. I know we've had injuries but sometimes our players look as though they've only just met in the tunnel.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Seems like the anti Gus feelings of some on here are affecting their stance over this, if a manager who had no connection to the club had done this, they wouldn't get this sort of reply

The manager has spoken out to ensure that things are not done against his wishes as he has to work with the new signings. Maybe he felt he had to do it this way because there was the chance they would still sign the player or players he didn't want despite previous agreements. It's his job & future on the line after all

Of course they wouldn't. The fact it's Poyet the story's about, he's bound to get some reaction, especially as he's only 5 weeks or so into his job and he's already gone public. The man doesn't know when it's best to shut up. Voice his concerns privately is surely the sensible option?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
We beat Palace 3-0, Barnsley 5-1 and City 2-0. I wish we could match that this season instead of some of the boring 45 minutes we've had until we get going. I know we've had injuries but sometimes our players look as though they've only just met in the tunnel.

Ah but you've forgotten that incredibly exciting match with so many attacking chances that was Yeovil! :O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here