Gus stop going on about other clubs

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Can't be bothered reading six pages, but I thought his comments in today's Argus about returning to work at Leeds 'Soon' or 'Sooner' were, as usual, unnecessary. Surely you can be a sycophant to a club you once had links to without going overboard about it like he seemingly has with yet another 'touting for business' interview.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
How was I to know that we would play shit and still get into the playoff zone because the rest bottled it? We simply should not be there. But, I am obviously happy that we are. If we go up, and Poyet goes in the summer, I will be very happy. The thought of his negative tactics to try to stay up makes the Mike Bailey era sound positively riveting.

Wow. Even by your standards, this is just batshit mental.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
at first i thought you were being ironic, and then staggeringly i realised you actually mean it.

He owes 'us' nothing. Remember all the 'poyet in or out' polls over the past couple of years after a couple of defeats?

Too many fans have no respect or loyalty towards the players or management, all they care about it success, and if it doesn't arrive they will want the player/manager shipped out straight away.

Respect? It's a two way street.

b-oom.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Gus is on the way up now but, inevitably with the passage of time, he will come back down and I think he's keeping his job options open.

I'm sure Leeds will come back one day but that's not likely to happen any time soon.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How was I to know that we would play shit and still get into the playoff zone because the rest bottled it? We simply should not be there. .

If that discussion did take place, as suggested, with 17 games to go, then our results since then, read W7 D6 L2. The wins include victories over Cardiff, Palace, Hull and Middlesborough, all in the top 7 at the time. You are basically spewing utter garbage, based entirely on your own prejudices and ignoring reality.

If we go up, and Poyet goes in the summer, I will be very happy. The thought of his negative tactics to try to stay up makes the Mike Bailey era sound positively riveting.

As i said...

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
I would say this, no smoke without fire, I think something is afoot with regards to Gus. Lets hope he he gets us to the Prem this season.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Gus can say what he wants and some people on here will defend him to the ends of the earth. Whatever he thinks of Leeds or Chelsea or anyone for that matter. He should not be saying such stuff, when the club is about to enter what could be the most important few weeks in the clubs recent history.Getting to the prem is what the Amex and Bloom's millions have all been about...There is no point going on about people's agendas on here, as you just get shot down in flames. If people can't see this comment is rank bad timing then they need to take the Poyet is god glasses off....He might well take us up, which will prove me wrong as I didn't think he would. But there is more chance of us signing Messi in the summer, than Poyet being here next season, whatever league we are in...There is no doubt that Poyet has been good for Brighton, but Brighton has also been good for Poyet. A fact he seems to have very little respect for anymore.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
He had to bloody do it again today didn't he ???
"The Media etc are all hypocrites, Suarez has been singled out yet again and receives special treatment"
Gus we love you mate, but please shut the f88K up about other players.

NO NEED OLD SON !!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would say this, no smoke without fire, I think something is afoot with regards to Gus. Lets hope he he gets us to the Prem this season.

Where's the smoke?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But there is more chance of us signing Messi in the summer, than Poyet being here next season, whatever league we are in.

Money where your mouth is? People have been saying from DAY ONE that Gus is off any second. He is one of the more loyal managers in the whole football league.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Gus can say what he wants and some people on here will defend him to the ends of the earth. Whatever he thinks of Leeds or Chelsea or anyone for that matter. He should not be saying such stuff, when the club is about to enter what could be the most important few weeks in the clubs recent history.Getting to the prem is what the Amex and Bloom's millions have all been about...There is no point going on about people's agendas on here, as you just get shot down in flames. If people can't see this comment is rank bad timing then they need to take the Poyet is god glasses off....He might well take us up, which will prove me wrong as I didn't think he would. But there is more chance of us signing Messi in the summer, than Poyet being here next season, whatever league we are in...There is no doubt that Poyet has been good for Brighton, but Brighton has also been good for Poyet. A fact he seems to have very little respect for anymore.

Your right, common decency and respect, however I believe Mr Bloom has it all under control

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Where's the smoke?

Are you BLIND? Or STUPID? Gus answered a question about Leeds, stating that he likes it there and would like to go back one day. How much SMOKE do you want, for heaven's sake?

Money where your mouth is? People have been saying from DAY ONE that Gus is off any second. He is one of the more loyal managers in the whole football league.

He's the eleventh longest serving manager across the 92 league clubs. The fly-by-night disloyal shifty foreign type that he is.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Personally, I wish he would keep his gob shut until after he's got us up---------------It ain't all done and dusted yet and all this stuff could come back to bite a BIG chunk out of his arse:eek:. I am a Gus supporter btw:drool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports