Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus stop going on about other clubs

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I'm sorry but I find it very disrespectful him going on about going back to Leeds sooner or later. Shouldn't be talking about any other clubs than Brighton !!

Totally agree with you Seagulls 1984. I just don't get what goes through his mind sometimes. Why now would you even bother mentioning another club. Must be the Uruguayan mentality to act now think about it later. What other managers would go down this route??? Lastly Leeds Utd is not a forwards step now in any way...im pissed off!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Totally agree with you Seagulls 1984. I just don't get what goes through his mind sometimes. Why now would you even bother mentioning another club.

Because he was answering questions to the press ahead of the LEEDS UNITED game, and was responding to a direct question about LEEDS UNITED. A question that probably went something like "So Gus, you had an enjoyable year here at Elland Road, with Denis Wise. Would you ever see yourself coming back here as manager one day?"

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Money where your mouth is? People have been saying from DAY ONE that Gus is off any second. He is one of the more loyal managers in the whole football league.

If I can find a bookies giving odds on it, I will gladly put my money up. There are going to be plenty of tears about on here come the summer.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Because he was answering questions to the press ahead of the LEEDS UNITED game, and was responding to a direct question about LEEDS UNITED. A question that probably went something like "So Gus, you had an enjoyable year here at Elland Road, with Denis Wise. Would you ever see yourself coming back here as manager one day?"

To which the correct reply is... "Suarez didn't mean to bite him."

Far less controversial.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
"special relationship with the Leeds supporters". He was only there for a year for God's sake. Terrible behaviour. Please go then Gus.

I wish he would keep his views on wanting to manage elsewhere to himself.

Or apply for those jobs and leave.

TB

If the Palace manager carried on like this everyone on here would find it hilarious and go on about how tin pot it made them look. Just because it is Gus, people defend it.

You can't blame the journalists for asking the questions, but Gus does not HAVE to answer them in the way he does.

I totally agree. If he feels like that he should just f uck off at the end of this season, and we will get somone who shows Tont Bloom and the Club some respect.

Can't be bothered reading six pages, but I thought his comments in today's Argus about returning to work at Leeds 'Soon' or 'Sooner' were, as usual, unnecessary. Surely you can be a sycophant to a club you once had links to without going overboard about it like he seemingly has with yet another 'touting for business' interview.

I would say this, no smoke without fire, I think something is afoot with regards to Gus. Lets hope he he gets us to the Prem this season.

I've highlighted my favourite bits of pant wetting.

"Insecure" is exactly the right word, some people are strange :lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm hoping Wigan come down so Martinez might be in the market if Gus walks. As an aside, does anyone hear Michael Laudrup touting himself in this way?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
If I can find a bookies giving odds on it, I will gladly put my money up. There are going to be plenty of tears about on here come the summer.

Typical climbing down by this boards resident half-wit. Mellotron was offering YOU the bet not a bloody bookmakers, but no that's way too convenient for you to actually prove you believe the vile shit you sprout isn't it?

And of course, the fact that you have said it means it must be true that Gus is off, just like you repeatedly said he wasn't a good enough manager to get us in the play-offs?!

You slag him off for timing, yet you can't wait for the first opportunity to slag him off, despite looking like getting us to our highest league finish for 28 years.

You do talk some utter shite, but this latest crap is priceless

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Typical climbing down by this boards resident half-wit. Mellotron was offering YOU the bet not a bloody bookmakers, but no that's way too convenient for you to actually prove you believe the vile shit you sprout isn't it?

And of course, the fact that you have said it means it must be true that Gus is off, just like you repeatedly said he wasn't a good enough manager to get us in the play-offs?!

You slag him off for timing, yet you can't wait for the first opportunity to slag him off, despite looking like getting us to our highest league finish for 28 years.

You do talk some utter shite, but this latest crap is priceless

You quite finished?...Why would I straight bet anyone fifty quid when I can get odds at a bookies when a vancancy comes up?.And you call me a half wit.And i have never said Poyet would not get us to the play offs.I said he wont get us promoted.Unless i have missed something we are not in the play offs yet,let alone won promotion...If you want to have a go fair enough,i can handle it.But get your facts right.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You quite finished?...Why would I straight bet anyone fifty quid when I can get odds at a bookies when a vancancy comes up?.And you call me a half wit.And i have never said Poyet would not get us to the play offs.I said he wont get us promoted.Unless i have missed something we are not in the play offs yet,let alone won promotion...If you want to have a go fair enough,i can handle it.But get your facts right.

How about taking the bet and the winnings go to REMF ? Everyone wins. That's assuming you really believe what you posted ?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
How about taking the bet and the winnings go to REMF ? Everyone wins. That's assuming you really believe what you posted ?[/QUOTE

I know you mean well and that is very honorable. But how does everyone win if the money goes to REMF?..I don't ever knock anyone for doing what they want to do, ever and I expect the same in return. When I have a bet I do it to win money, not to give it away...But each to there own.....Oh and I do believe he will be off, no doubt about it at all.

Jimmy Grimble

If you're so certain he's off, you must know what vacancy is going to come up for him to leave. And what odds are you expecting to get when the vacancy comes up pray tell?

If you've got any balls you'd take the bet with Mellotron.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here