Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus soon to be 6th (was 7th) (was 8th) (was 9th) (was: 10th!!)

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Gus could be closing in on top 5 by the start of next season.

Pulis, and Moyes, likely to go, while Clough staying always surprises me.

Clough has moulded Derby into a steady and solid Championship team. Maybe, only a couple of decent players off the play-offs. Next season will decide his fate.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Gus could be closing in on top 5 by the start of next season.

Pulis, and Moyes, likely to go, while Clough staying always surprises me.

It's not immediately obvious to 'outsiders' but Clough has reduced the wage bill again and again and achieved relative stability. We have a young squad with some potential and for the first time in my lifetime, the academy is becoming what some would call a 'conveyor belt'.

I love the fact that a Derby man is our manager, that makes me happy.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Gus in now 10th!!

It's not immediately obvious to 'outsiders' but Clough has reduced the wage bill again and again and achieved relative stability. We have a young squad with some potential and for the first time in my lifetime, the academy is becoming what some would call a 'conveyor belt'.

I can see that. When derby came to the Amex they only had a couple players I'd ever heard of! Refreshing to see them doing well, same goes for Villa.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Love Derby, guaranteed at least 4 points every season and a good friend of mine is a Derby fan.

BarnhamBlue

Feb 15, 2012
Yapton
Gus now moves up to 9th after Fergie's retirement!

Yep, now 9th but will Gus be favourite for the Everton job if Moyes moves to Old Trafford? This will be a perfect job for him and Everton has employed lower league managers before, i believe Moyes came from Preston NE!

Let the Manager merry-go-round start!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Great stuff.

Fingers crossed the board doesn't get twitchy/greedy.

I guess from the outside looking in, seeing your recent history, the stadium etc, you'd think the club would be looking for more.
It's somewhat refreshing, esp looking at Wolves, to have a club cutting it's cloth accordingly.

At the awards ceremony last night Gus announced he was now the longest serving manager in the championship following Jacketts departure - obviously Clough isn't on his radar.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Moyes to United , Pulis to leave and Martinez to be sacked could push him either further up.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Another vote for Clough doing a super behind the scenes job at Derby. Shrunk the wage bill, brought through youth, attractive football. Once FFP kicks in I think you'll find Derby will be a strong Championship club. He seems to have a formula, was very steady progress at Burton as well.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This thread is killing off managers left right and centre. I bet word get's out and a few of the other top six sleep uneasily in their bed tonight.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Moyes to United , Pulis to leave and Martinez to be sacked could push him either further up.

I can't see Martinez being sacked in a million years. He might leave to go to a bigger club, but Wigan surely know they will never get better than him?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well that seems like a done deal, so up into 8th, likely 7th as Martinez to Everton's looking very likely.
Did someone say Wenger to PSG?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Great stuff.

Fingers crossed the board doesn't get twitchy/greedy.

I guess from the outside looking in, seeing your recent history, the stadium etc, you'd think the club would be looking for more.
It's somewhat refreshing, esp looking at Wolves, to have a club cutting it's cloth accordingly.

Don't get me wrong, he's not universally popular (but which manager is). My only frustration has been that we championed FFP and adhered to it in advance while no-one else did, and I think we lagged behind because of this, but heyho....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here