Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus soon to be 6th (was 7th) (was 8th) (was 9th) (was: 10th!!)

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight
I'd personally rather watch good, entertaining football in the Championship than a Prem team who play the Pulis way

My friend,s son plays for the DS squad for Stoke & they get told off for any long ball stuff, they are looking for a Gus style manager so I wouldn't,t be surprised if Pullis goes this summer. My feelings are we need to Win play offs to keep Gus, not sue if he would enjoy the midlands though.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Chris Wilder is desperate to leave Oxford - he even wanted the Luton job to get away from the mess in their boardroom. My experience, he is a good guy - and did great for us in the 10 or so games he played.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah, he took them up from the Championship and kept them in the Prem League for five seasons, having taken them to the FA Cup final for the first time. Yeah, bet they're really gutted: they've got to play against Man U and Chelsea next season when they could be looking forward to games against Doncaster and, possibly, Yeovil

I'd rather achieve these goals with some entertainment thrown in though. I'd be bored rigid watching his rubbish.

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
3 years and in the top 10 serving managers in English football is a pretty appalling reflection on the English game and the chairmen running the league clubs in my opinion

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
3 years and in the top 10 serving managers in English football is a pretty appalling reflection on the English game and the chairmen running the league clubs in my opinion

What are the stats for other European nations? Anyone know?

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Gus in now 10th!!

Could jump up a place in next few days if rumours of Fergie retiring this week turn out to be true. Plus one more if Moyes takes over at Man U

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Wow, could be 8th by the end of the week!

Who is going to start the following threads?:
Poyet to Man Utd
Poyet to Everton

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
The Fergie retiring stories do seem to crop up towards the end of a lot of seasons, if not every season. Personally it feels like he's going to die in the chair.

I did once hear a story about his retirement, although I'm not sure if it's true. Apparently he wanted to try out retirement and see how he'd cope with his feet up every day, so he took a few weeks to take a holiday at home. He arrived back at United earlier than expected as his wife had sent him back, she couldn't stand having him around the house all day. Like I said I'm not sure if it's true, but I like it as a story.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Re: Gus in now 10th!!

Man Utd missed a trick if Fergie is going now... Should have sorted it earlier and got Guardiola lined up

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Man Utd missed a trick if Fergie is going now... Should have sorted it earlier and got Guardiola lined up

What makes you think Pep would want to go to Man U?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here