Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus said this morning Saints more important than Palace for him.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Shatkins did wind up Gus last season with some remarks, it seems a bit like a Venners/Mullers rivalry is developing.

Gus however gets on well with Dougie, they were on the same FA coaching course.

Have a LARF Gus nutted him whilst playing 4 Chelski against Palarse ???

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I 100% believe Cortese, not purely because I'm a Saints fan, but everything he has said has been true so far. Why would he feel the need to lie about it? We've got a better manager in Adkins so you can keep your "messiah"

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You weren't fancied, that's why I compared Poyet to Jewell, Brown, Holloway and the like. Poyet has achieved nothing out of the norm to make him the great manager you think he is. You seem to be forgetting his only achievement is taking you up, Adkins took Scunthorpe up, a tiny club and consolidated their position in the Championship, so my original point that Adkins is better than Poyet is true, I don't expect you to accept that as it will hurt you too much

You talk a fair bit of waffle lad. Baring in mind that you lot love to remind us that we are a small club, say Poyet keeps us up and we finish a steady mid-table position, where does that put them on your scoring system?

TottonSFC

Oct 19, 2011
You talk a fair bit of waffle lad. Baring in mind that you lot love to remind us that we are a small club, say Poyet keeps us up and we finish a steady mid-table position, where does that put them on your scoring system?

Where did I say you were a small club? If you're putting yourself on a par with Scunthorpe then that's your opinion, I'd say we were equally sized clubs but us perhaps slightly bigger due to facilities and current fanbase, in the future that might be different and you have the potential to surpass us.

All I'm saying is Poyet hasn't achieved much yet, Adkins has achieved more, and is a likeable character with morals and loyalty.

You weren't fancied, that's why I compared Poyet to Jewell, Brown, Holloway and the like. Poyet has achieved nothing out of the norm to make him the great manager you think he is. You seem to be forgetting his only achievement is taking you up, Adkins took Scunthorpe up, a tiny club and consolidated their position in the Championship, so my original point that Adkins is better than Poyet is true, I don't expect you to accept that as it will hurt you too much

What bollox!

Last year Poyet out thought and out performed Adkins at every turn - infact Gus had us promoted as Champions while you were still running around trying to get fixtures changed to suit your runners up challenge. Plus Gus was operating with a much smaller , less expensive, and less talented squad in his first full year of managing.

I know you are desperate to win a league title after 50 odd years of waiting but nothing has been won this season and with "the physio" you probably will still be waiting come May.

TottonSFC

Oct 19, 2011
What bollox!

Last year Poyet out thought and out performed Adkins at every turn - infact Gus had us promoted as Champions while you were still running around trying to get fixtures changed to suit your runners up challenge. Plus Gus was operating with a much smaller , less expensive, and less talented squad in his first full year of managing.

I know you are desperate to win a league title after 50 odd years of waiting but nothing has been won this season and with "the physio" you probably will still be waiting come May.

In 40 games Adkins accumulated 88 points last season, gaining 4 off the manager who out "performed him at every turn" , in the 40 games of Adkins' reign Poyet gained 84.

Yes your squad may have been cheaper but we needed a whole new squad the year previously and Adkins' inherited a demoralized, unfit squad.

How did we try and get fixtures changed? Provide me some evidence and I will believe it, and a quote from your manager doesn't count as a reliable source.

D

Deleted User X18H

At 04:25 on the broadcast Gus states in his opinion Southampton is a more important game,he then goes on to answer my question about the possiblilty of Tano being first chioce full back if injury free.

Last edited:

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Well then, doesn't really matter in which order you put the game against us or Saints in terms of importance does it, you got stuffed in both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here