Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus said this morning Saints more important than Palace for him.

D

Deleted User X18H

Didn't want to talk about injuries but said Tano is almost first choice for full back position if fit.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I know I will get shouted down for this but have on very good authority (cliche I know, but was an El Abd family memeber)that Adam will be back in contention for the Cov game, which I think is excellent news

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
did he qualify it by finishing the sentence with "this Saturday"?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It is more important, because the Palace game is HISTORY. The next game is always more important.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I know I will get shouted down for this but have on very good authority (cliche I know, but was an El Abd family memeber)that Adam will be back in contention for the Cov game, which I think is excellent news

Brilliant news if true.
Will hopefully be back to his ankle-biting best and give that bit of strength that we need in the side.

He's had a really rotten time since being voted Player of the Season last year and must be chomping at the bit to set foot on that Amex pitch.
He'll get a hell of a reception when he does.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Apparently, and I hate saying this because of some of the nonsense on here, Gus didnt want him involved with S'oton game because he is expecting a physical game so Adam would be saved for Cov, Agree cant wait to see him run out at the Amex he fully deserves it

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I wouldn't read too much into HB&B's comments as they lack any sort of context and he's doing his usual drip feed of little bits of information to make himself seem more important

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Yep agree with Gus, Saints are the bench mark of the division, the team we have 'to keep up with', to be near the top, while the palace defeat was a poor game, getting a result at Southampton is a bigger achievement as they are a far bigger/better club than palace, who I don't really care about, West Ham/Portsmouth are a way above them in the teams I want to see us beat.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
The reason Gus want's this game more is for his own personal reasons. I personally know a highly ranked member of staff within st mary's (family friend), who stated that Gus was one of the three names on our shortlist, along with Howe and Adkins. Adkins got the job, which Gus was not at all impressed with and since has held a personal grudge with Cortese. I don't believe he dislikes the club, I believe it is Cortese that he is wanting to get one over on.

Don't take this as gospel as I don't know if this is 100% correct, however I wouldn't doubt my contact so expect that this is very, very likely. For Gus, Saint's, so long as Cortese is in charge will be the club he want's to get one over.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Andy Naylor tweeted that Gus said Saints game "bigger" than the Palace game. To the team it is, they are top of the table and the team to beat, thats always going to be a big game for the players and manager.

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
The reason Gus want's this game more is for his own personal reasons. I personally know a highly ranked member of staff within st mary's (family friend), who stated that Gus was one of the three names on our shortlist, along with Howe and Adkins. Adkins got the job, which Gus was not at all impressed with and since has held a personal grudge with Cortese. I don't believe he dislikes the club, I believe it is Cortese that he is wanting to get one over on.

Don't take this as gospel as I don't know if this is 100% correct, however I wouldn't doubt my contact so expect that this is very, very likely. For Gus, Saint's, so long as Cortese is in charge will be the club he want's to get one over.

Interesting, as that would have meant Gus leaving us for Southampton

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Shatkins did wind up Gus last season with some remarks, it seems a bit like a Venners/Mullers rivalry is developing.

Gus however gets on well with Dougie, they were on the same FA coaching course.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Even if that's not true, his first game was against them, so it will always mean more, anyway.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The reason Gus want's this game more is for his own personal reasons. I personally know a highly ranked member of staff within st mary's (family friend), who stated that Gus was one of the three names on our shortlist, along with Howe and Adkins. Adkins got the job, which Gus was not at all impressed with and since has held a personal grudge with Cortese. .

I find that highly unlikely as Gus had been here about half a season before Pardew was sacked and achieved nothing apart from avoiding relegation, I doubt he would have been allowed to attend an interview tbh. Adkins had proved his credentials with Scunthope's promotion, Gus had proved nothing and Saints were desperate to get out of League 1. Far too risky to have appointed Gus at that stage..again imo

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Don't believe that.

Don't believe that Gus would have moved sideways at that point, given his relationship with Bloom.

Also don't believe that Gus had proved himself enough at that point in time, that Saints would even have been interested.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here