Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet - the dressing room should remain a secret.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
he has gone
FFS

leave it

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The email was pretty innocuous in and of itself. Who gives a shit what some marketing assistant gets her panties in a bunch about?. The clappers WERE shit. Gus did something heinous...oh yes.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think the next 12 mths is going to show us, that Poyet needed Brighton more then Brighton needed Poyet. Just he was the only one that couldn't see it. Didn't take long for him to start talking himself up again as a prem manager did it, based on quite what I'm not sure. Spending a fortune and falling out with everyone in the process I suppose......I have heard that the players are as happy as Larry at training again, so make of that what you will.........I know people will find this hard to believe but I really want Gus to get a prem job, I think it would make next season far more interesting for the prem neutral fan......He would be very foolish to drag this through the courts imo, as I suspect he will lose and all the time its ongoing, who's going to take a punt on him???.....Come to think of it, I would think a lot of chairman will be thinking maybe they have dodged a bullet, with Gus.

Wayne Bridge: "Gus revitalised my love for football. He is a top-class manager both tactically and on the man-management side, one of the best I have worked with."

Eliott Bennett: “Hearing a lot of bad things about my former manager Gus Poyet, can only speak how I find but he is a top manager who helped me a lot!” When asked if Poyet struggled with man management, the star winger replied: “Not with me he didn't. Was excellent whole time I was at club.”

“I saw a lot of tweets and read quite bit of stuff in the paper that wasn’t very favourable to a manager I think is brilliant. I’ve got the utmost respect and admiration for the manager because he has been a massive part of why I’ve been able to play in the Premier League with Norwich. Brighton is a fantastic football club, Gus Poyet is a fantastic manager"

Gary Dicker: “I've had a great time here with the gaffer - and everybody really since day one. I can’t really put my finger on anything. I just think the day he walked in at this club he changed everything. He has made this club how it is today, how professional it is, how they have got everything right for the players. You look at the players he can attract to the club. In fairness, I don’t think most managers would have got them."

“When he speaks, you want to listen and you want to play for him. I think that is how he has got the best out of everyone. We went from a team in the relegation zone to a team winning the league and that doesn’t happen much in football. I think that proves what type of manager he is. He can get the best out of players straight away and he gets the respect of the players. I think that is massive. Everyone wants to play for him.”

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Wayne Bridge: "Gus revitalised my love for football. He is a top-class manager both tactically and on the man-management side, one of the best I have worked with."

Eliott Bennett: “Hearing a lot of bad things about my former manager Gus Poyet, can only speak how I find but he is a top manager who helped me a lot!” When asked if Poyet struggled with man management, the star winger replied: “Not with me he didn't. Was excellent whole time I was at club.”

“I saw a lot of tweets and read quite bit of stuff in the paper that wasn’t very favourable to a manager I think is brilliant. I’ve got the utmost respect and admiration for the manager because he has been a massive part of why I’ve been able to play in the Premier League with Norwich. Brighton is a fantastic football club, Gus Poyet is a fantastic manager"

Gary Dicker: “I've had a great time here with the gaffer - and everybody really since day one. I can’t really put my finger on anything. I just think the day he walked in at this club he changed everything. He has made this club how it is today, how professional it is, how they have got everything right for the players. You look at the players he can attract to the club. In fairness, I don’t think most managers would have got them."

“When he speaks, you want to listen and you want to play for him. I think that is how he has got the best out of everyone. We went from a team in the relegation zone to a team winning the league and that doesn’t happen much in football. I think that proves what type of manager he is. He can get the best out of players straight away and he gets the respect of the players. I think that is massive. Everyone wants to play for him.”

You missed Vicente's comments.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
One thing I can guarantee is, it ain't. I don't think there'll be a fat lady around on the Poyetgate programme for some time.

For a start the LMA are solidly backing him, per the "Argus" report yesterday.
As far as I'm concerned its over. The legal wrangling may well go on in the background, but we've now got our new manager in place, and the beginnings of a new team being assembled. The final knockings of Gus's heave ho will be a small paragraph on the inside pages of the sports papers.

Ha.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
do us a favour.....really?

Oooh, like when you told us Gus 'definitely wouldn't be with us next season'......2 seasons ago

why do you persist with your pathetic 'I'm itk' internet persona? As sad as the Major really.

To be fair to him id heard exactly the same with the source originally coming directly from a player. Orlandi also confirms this in his new interview today.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I think the next 12 mths is going to show us, that Poyet needed Brighton more then Brighton needed Poyet. Just he was the only one that couldn't see it. Didn't take long for him to start talking himself up again as a prem manager did it, based on quite what I'm not sure. Spending a fortune and falling out with everyone in the process I suppose......I have heard that the players are as happy as Larry at training again, so make of that what you will.........I know people will find this hard to believe but I really want Gus to get a prem job, I think it would make next season far more interesting for the prem neutral fan......He would be very foolish to drag this through the courts imo, as I suspect he will lose and all the time its ongoing, who's going to take a punt on him???.....Come to think of it, I would think a lot of chairman will be thinking maybe they have dodged a bullet, with Gus.
I would love to see Poyet get a job as soon as possible, I truly would. But I fear the only chance he has of getting a premiership job, is buying a copy of Football Manager!

ALso the line in the mirror story, "The 45-year-old, who still struggles to explain why he was sacked, is also determined to get straight back into management with his sights set on the Premier League." there is so much funny about that line, I've nearly wet myself laughing!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I was told yesterday by a reliable source with a friend who works for the club that, in the words of the club worker "all in the know are bound to secrecy regarding the incident that initiated all three suspensions, but if it got out it would disgust all Brighton fans".
THat's Chinese whispers. When it finally comes out most Brighton fans will be saying.... yer and?

Its all very unexciting....... allegedly

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
THat's Chinese whispers. When it finally comes out most Brighton fans will be saying.... yer and?

Its all very unexciting....... allegedly

I'm not expecting anything particularly scandalous, if and when it all comes out.

Why do people think it should be? It might be something quite dull.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Interesting, every player you mention is no longer with us..Didn't exactly see a long list of current players signing his praises. They should ask, Dunk, Crofts, Cms, Lualua, Buckley and quite a few more and they will all probably say the usual, he was great etc etc. It's not a great career move to slag yourr manager off, or your employers. But then Poyet knows all about that now lol.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Right, I'll happily move on if Gus' keeps his mouth shut...

... oh!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Orlandi wasn't here two years ago. Re-read the post you've quoted.

Think you need to re read it mate. The challenge was are the players loving training. The quote questioned the viability of that statement because of another claim about two years ago. I confirmed id heard the players are loving it.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Some more contradictions from Gus

Independent: “They can say whatever they like but I didn’t know they were going to sack me. “

Telegraph: "There is a difference between knowing you were going to be sacked and actually being told. I found out Brighton had sacked me live on television, I have evidence to prove that.

Independent
: “I turned my phone off at 7.20pm and they were still negotiating”
They sent me an email telling me at 12 minutes to eight o’clock and then released the news on their website at 8pm."

Though It is clear on the club website that the club statement was released at 19:14 Club Statement Pretty sure that Gus and the LMA would have received his dismissal notice at 19:00, prior to the 19:14 Club Statement.

Last edited:

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Some more contradictions from Gus

Independent: “They can say whatever they like but I didn’t know they were going to sack me. “

Telegraph: "There is a difference between knowing you were going to be sacked and actually being told. I found out Brighton had sacked me live on television, I have evidence to prove that.

Independent
: “I turned my phone off at 7.20pm and they were still negotiating”
They sent me an email telling me at 12 minutes to eight o’clock and then released the news on their website at 8pm."

Though It is clear on the club website that the club statement was released at 19:14 Club Statement Pretty sure that Gus and the LMA would have received his dismissal notice at 19:00, prior to the 19:14 Club Statement.

Point of fact: The club statement was released at 2000hrs not at 1914hrs as stated on the website. This can be confirmed by the clubs, Andy Naylor etc.. twitter timeline.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here