Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet sounded out by Leeds

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I wouldn't be surprised if he's keeping an eye on the Big Sam situation at West Ham. No doubt Gus and his agent will "big up" Gus if that job becomes available, thereby upping his profile generally.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I wouldn't be surprised if he's keeping an eye on the Big Sam situation at West Ham. No doubt Gus and his agent will "big up" Gus if that job becomes available, thereby upping his profile generally.

Yup, West Ham option sounds like the job he'll be touting for. Hammers fans suddenly have delusions of returning to the glory days of the seventies when they played absolutely beautiful football and got beat 4-3 most games. Wonder how long it would take them to twig that Poyet's passing game that involves twenty sideways passes to reach the halfway line is not actually that much of an improvement on Big Sam's dire hoofball entertainment-wise.

Would much prefer the Leeds scenario. Poyet and Leeds thoroughly deserve each other. And we could all do with a few laughs to see us through next season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Gus isn't stupid and I would be very surprised if he accepted the Leeds job. He loved working there previously and said he wanted to go back sometime, but that was under a very different chairman.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gus isn't stupid and I would be very surprised if he accepted the Leeds job. He loved working there previously and said he wanted to go back sometime, but that was under a very different chairman.

I think ANY manager would be nuts to take that job.

Cellino has been there since January last year, and has gone through McDermott, Hockaday, Milanic (32 days) and now Redfearn. 4 managers in less than 18 months. Added to the fact that during their spells in charge, both McDermott and Hockaday went through the ignomy of being sacked, reinstated and then sacked again.

The bloke is a complete headcase, he makes decisions on the hoof according to his mood, and at the rate he hires and fires you can bet that nobody gets much of a payoff out of him when he bins them off. Although he's still 'fit and proper' apparently.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Leeds manager next year should be Neil Redfearn. He's done a decent job against the backdrop of chaos behind the scenes. The players want him, especially the excellent youngsters that HE brought through their academy. The fans want him. The local media want him.

Cellino doesn't, for reasons of ego - either because he feels he needs a bigger name manager, or more likely, because he is jealous of Redfearn's popularity.

Its a really, really poor decision.

Not only is Redfearn himself the man responsible for their highly succesful academy, but his long term partner Lucy Ward is in charge of 'Welfare and Education' there. If Redfearn is forced out - and I can't see the club standing by their promise to let him return to his old job - it would be too messy for the new manager - then surely Ward will walk too.

Its a disgrace frankly. Not even dirty Leeds should be treated like this.

Well worth a read this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...Neil-Redfearn-and-his-talented-graduates.html

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Talksport confirming that Rosler gets the Leeds hot potato.

(Can someone explain how to copy and post a tweet on here, thanks v much)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Talksport confirming that Rosler gets the Leeds hot potato.

(Can someone explain how to copy and post a tweet on here, thanks v much)

Click on the tweet and you'll see a long series of digits in the address line.
Post it like this - {tweet} then the long number {/tweet} but using square brackets

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
According to a BBC article, Rosler has been appointed as head coach, with Redfearns contract (also as head coach) running out in the summer.

Bit weird to have two at once isn't it? I appreciate the players aren't actually there so it won't make a tangible impact but still...odd club.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The fans' opinions weren't exactly respected with the appointments of Avram Grant and Sam Allardyce, were they?

No, I agree, but at least with Big Sam, PL survival is guaranteed and their only aim is to get to Stratford in the top flight. They can't take a risk on Poyet, after seeing what happened at Sunderland. They need a 'safer ' pair of hands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here