Gus Poyet Said We Have Spent 70% of our Transfer Budget Already

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Quite right! especially the ones who were a disruptive influence within the squad, liked to get pissed up, and were not too fussed about turning up for training every day...

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Quite right! especially the ones who were a disruptive influence within the squad, liked to get pissed up, and were not too fussed about turning up for training every day...

Talking of Dickinson:lolol: I went to Barnsley after Saturdays game (my daughter lives there) and got talking to a Barnsley fan, I asked how they had got on, 3-3 the lad replied. I then asked if Dickinson scored? Dont be daft, Dickinson's shite was the reply, made me quite glad we wont be hearing anymore of his chivalrous antics in West Street on a schoolday :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Indeed.

As an aside from Mr Dickinson, an update on this seasons Forsterwatch at Brentford.

He started the first 2 games of the season, and was taken off each time after just over an an hour. He's since been dropped to the bench for the last 2 games, and has come on for the last 15 minutes and the last 5 minutes.

I think we got all we were ever going to get out of him.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Bloom maybe asset rich and cash poor.

Its not very likly he put 90 million into the stadium all at once, he probably (meaning, im making it up) as a deal with Buckingham group to pay over 20 - 30 years. Or took his own loan out from a bank.

So yes, maybe we are not as rich as we thought. Maybe it is a ploy. Maybe nobody knows anything.

Fairly sure he put in somewhere in the region of 20-30M initial payment, and will put about the same in again when that was used up, according to the bloke I spoke to in the 1901 Club meeting.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The title of this thread is HUGELY misleading.
He has said he has 30% of his budget left - NOT transfer budget.

I wouldn't dismiss your analysis there, but the fact of the matter is, none of us really actually KNOW.

Gus has thrown a figure out for the press that obviously going to create a headline. I'm inclined to believe its merely an exercise to dampen expectations a tad. We can all sit here and speculate on whats been spent so far and try to calculate what he might have left in cash terms, but its futile. The budget is between Gus and Tony, and as others have mentioned before, Gus wouldn't have put pen to paper here for another 4 years if he wasn't getting a budget he felt he could work with.

70%, 50%, 43%, its just abstract figures, and really doesn't reveal anything to anyone, aside from illustrating that we're really not going to be in the market for this mythical "million pound player" nonsense than came out of the Swindon press box on the opening day and got some people all excited.

Lets just trust the guy to do a good job with whatever the club can afford.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Algie - not sure I follow. No one buys a player based purelu on the transfer cost. They have to clook at the capital commitment that giving a player a contract exposes the club to. But based on no specifics, the actual cost of each new player could be something like this:

Peter Brezovan - Transfer fee £0; Signing on fee £100k; Wage commitment £150k; bonuses £30k; agent £20k - capital commitment £300k
Cristian Baz - £150k
Augustin Battipiedi - £150k
Marcos Painter - £400k
Inigo Calderon - £450k
Matthew Sparrow - £400k
Radostin Kishishev - £250k
Casper Ankergren - £200k
Michael Poke - £150k
Ashley Barnes - £350k
Gordon Greer - £500k

That's what the actual capital commitment may be if you factor in wages, bonuses, signing-o fees/transfer fees; agents and package.

[total guess work but not unreasonable for players of this seniority I would think. +/-£2k a week]

... and subtract similar commitments for sold / released players => net gain...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Net gain? You reckon? Can't see that myself.

Just trying to bring balance to your (as always) lop-sided arguments...

The don't know comments are the ones that deserve a big :thumbsup:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Apart from 'signing-on fees'. They don't give that back.

Unless you're Mickey Thomas.

True, but some allegedly high earners have gone, e.g. the mighty FDM, Forster (off the top of my head)...

This is a bluff, the figures don't make sense as quite rightly pointed out by other posters. If Slade spent in the region of 800k, we have a 10% bigger budget than that this year and with the sale of Dickinson/others we have actually made a profit of around 100k. To say we have only 30% left when we have only spent money on Barnes and Greer, I hope, is a warning to clubs that there is not as much money to take off us for their players.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we sign any players for a fee before the deadline they will be undisclosed anyway so we wont know what the monetary value of the 30% is.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Bloom maybe asset rich and cash poor.

Its not very likly he put 90 million into the stadium all at once, he probably (meaning, im making it up) as a deal with Buckingham group to pay over 20 - 30 years. Or took his own loan out from a bank.

So yes, maybe we are not as rich as we thought. Maybe it is a ploy. Maybe nobody knows anything.

1 Cheque for £93m was written out to BHAFC about 12-18 months ago

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I blame Bloom, obviously doesnt know what he is doing, you cannot say things like 'Expecting top 2 next year' and then not significantly up the budget.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
This is a bluff, the figures don't make sense as quite rightly pointed out by other posters. If Slade spent in the region of 800k, we have a 10% bigger budget than that this year and with the sale of Dickinson/others we have actually made a profit of around 100k. To say we have only 30% left when we have only spent money on Barnes and Greer, I hope, is a warning to clubs that there is not as much money to take off us for their players.

Your deluded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports