Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet Said We Have Spent 70% of our Transfer Budget Already

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I have a feeling that this thread will surface again after the end of the transfer window, with several slices of humble pie being eaten by certain posters.

humble-pie.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............humble pie!!!!

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
With a New stadium and a promising management set-up I had high hopes but of course to ensure promotion the manager requires four more players,if we are going to pay peanuts we shall only get Division 1 players.
Falmer watching the standard of football we have had to suffer over the past three seasons is going to be less than attractive and attendances are likely to tail off,its a great shame that lack of cash for new players is going to spoil our dream.

I suggest you stay in Westdene then and dont bother going to Falmer.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Good grief there are some thick people on this forum. Wait until the end of the transfer window to see what happens. In fact wait until the end of January. I suspect part of the issue is persuading a striker that we are actually going places. If we're sat in the top six or so by christmas which is achievable with or without a striker then it may be easier to get a striker in January.

We will be fine. People seem to think it is just a matter of money but footballers are short sighted and will strikers in particular. Doubt it is still that easy to get a player to come for a season at Withdean. January may be a different proposition, although I still have faith that someone will come in before the end of August.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I have a feeling that this thread will surface again after the end of the transfer window, with several slices of humble pie being eaten by certain posters.

humble-pie.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............humble pie!!!!

I hope your right,I will eat some.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Good grief there are some thick people on this forum. Wait until the end of the transfer window to see what happens. In fact wait until the end of January. I suspect part of the issue is persuading a striker that we are actually going places. If we're sat in the top six or so by christmas which is achievable with or without a striker then it may be easier to get a striker in January.

We will be fine. People seem to think it is just a matter of money but footballers are short sighted and will strikers in particular. Doubt it is still that easy to get a player to come for a season at Withdean. January may be a different proposition, although I still have faith that someone will come in before the end of August.

Great post - agrees :D

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

I agree. Keep your opinions and judgements until the end of the season when we'll know what happened. In the meantime what's the point of NSC? What can we debate between now and then given we must all wait and see....?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

No. No. No. Bloom should walk away now. He has let us down.

We have legions of fans that are fully equipped to sign the players we want/need. Championship Manager is a qualification enough for me. Gus and the team know.... nothing. Throw mystical pounds at a whole variety of players and we will sign a 60+ goal scorer.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Withdean is more restricting than some people seem to realise. We'd all love to sign Le Fondre tomorrow and then LuaLua on thursday and we'll take the league by storm. But it's not going to be that easy and those who thought it would be, are fools. We're not going to have an easy season, we're going to have a squad of relatively small size but with decent quality throughout.

The only things I disagree with Poyet about are letting McNulty go out on loan, I would rather have kept him. And I disagree with the signing of Ankergren on a 2 year deal. 1 year, fair enough. Have a look at him for the season and then you've got the option next summer if you can find a better goalkeeper, to release him. But he didn't do that, and I disagree with the decision but respect it. I think it's hard to have anything but respect for Poyet when he talks about not wanting, or expecting, disproportionate amounts on transfer fees and wages.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
No. No. No. Bloom should walk away now. He has let us down.

We have legions of fans that are fully equipped to sign the players we want/need. Championship Manager is a qualification enough for me. Gus and the team know.... nothing. Throw mystical pounds at a whole variety of players and we will sign a 60+ goal scorer.

:laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here