Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet Said We Have Spent 70% of our Transfer Budget Already

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
And the remaining 30% may not go on a striker as we need 4 or 5 more players. He said we wont go up if we don’t have that striker.

Are we not as well off as we thought?
Are the players we signed wages, signing on fees and agents really high?
Are we just playing mind games to get our targets cheaper because teams think we are minted?

From what I can work out

In
Peter Brezovan - Free
Cristian Baz - Free
Augustin Battipiedi - Free
Marcos Painter - Free
Inigo Calderon - Free
Matthew Sparrow - Free
Radostin Kishishev - Free
Casper Ankergren - Free
Michael Poke - Free
Ashley Barnes - Undisclosed £100,000?
Gordon Greer - £250,000

Out
Andrew Crofts - £300,000
Liam Dickinson - £150,000

From todays Argus

Last edited:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Bloom maybe asset rich and cash poor.

Its not very likly he put 90 million into the stadium all at once, he probably (meaning, im making it up) as a deal with Buckingham group to pay over 20 - 30 years. Or took his own loan out from a bank.

So yes, maybe we are not as rich as we thought. Maybe it is a ploy. Maybe nobody knows anything.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I heard £250,000 for Barnes, but either way it makes the rumours of million pound signings quite silly if what Gus says is true.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Don't forget we sold Dickinson.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I heard £250,000 for Barnes, but either way it makes the rumours of million pound signings quite silly if what Gus says is true.

250k for Barnes seems like too much for a reserve striker, I heard 25k.
Bloom said last season we were miles away from being a club who could make million pound signings.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I remember Gus saying we haven't touched our budget as well sold two players and paid for two.We released at least 12 players.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Bloom maybe asset rich and cash poor.

Its not very likly he put 90 million into the stadium all at once, he probably (meaning, im making it up) as a deal with Buckingham group to pay over 20 - 30 years. Or took his own loan out from a bank.

So yes, maybe we are not as rich as we thought. Maybe it is a ploy. Maybe nobody knows anything.

I very much doubt that.Bloom paid for the stadium with an interest free loan so why would he loan money elsewhere and be charged high rates himself?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Nothing "Free" about any of those signings.

Remember that Man City have spent £300m on players but the wage commitment is £500m.

Add signing on fees (I'm told these can be around 50% of what the transfer fee would have cost), agents fees and package and each of those free players could equate to perhaps a £300-400k capital commitment.

Not in the least bit surprised the transfer fund has dwindled. Mind you, if you were Gus, you'd be talking it down too wouldn't you.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
My guess is that we are still trying to break even whilst at withdean and live within our means. 70% of the budget is likely to be the wages side of the budget, think about it a squad of 23 minus the four players we need plus the money it cost to either buy them or pay the signing on fees will equate to roughly that missing 30% cash to buy players at any level is just the first thing, money to pay them weekly on a long contract will also be included in the budget.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
I thought as much. I new something was up as to why we haven't signed a striker.We are skint.It will deffo be a loan one now.Some young raw kid with no experience yet.:facepalm:

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I very much doubt Blooms given us his last £90 million and I also very much doubt that he's borrowed it , if he has we're no better than Palace or Pompey and even Man Utd.
If he has borrowed £90 million we are in deep trouble

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here