Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet: best win of my career

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Of course he's not alone but how many managers are so wrapped up in their own self-importance that they would be prepared to dump their club a few days before the biggest game of the season. Gus had already cocked it up about Palace. He knew how important that game was to us. I accept that it's the nature of the beast that the managers are not fans but a bit of humility, a bit of understanding and comprehension of what effect his actions would have is not too much to ask, is it? Why leave immediately? Why not after the game? Because he really did not care two hoots about us the fans nor the club.

I've read that a few times and still can't really grasp what you're on about. Do you mean the March game against Palace. What had he 'already cocked up'?

"Why leave immediately? Why not after the game?"

And I've no idea what you're on about there at all. Leave when? He didn't leave, he was sacked. He stayed because he wanted to.

We are told he threatened to leave before the Palace game. We've been told lots of stuff, but have only heard one side of the story. I hope you're never selected for jury service.

(Oh, and didn't we thrash Palace that day...? He obviously made a bad job of deliberately c**king it up!).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It was a fantastic result for Gus and Sunderland. I am intrigued to see what happens with Gus in his new job over the next few months. Should he do well there, which he may well do, how long before he starts bitching about the budget and what he could do if he was with a bigger team? Will Sunderland fans be grateful for him keeping them up and wish him well when he starts touting himself for a bigger job? :smile:

I don't see his comments as a swipe against us, we are history to Gus now.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
NSC deluded again.

None of his wins are even close to being his biggest win.

Both Newcastle derby and man city are his top 2 by a long way.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
He's probably not consciously taking a swipe at us, or indeed thinking about us at all.

Well thats exactly it !

If he wasnt totally obsessed with his ego, he would have an inkling that a statement like that would upset some supporters of the club that gave him four years of total support.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Well thats exactly it !

If he wasnt totally obsessed with his ego, he would have an inkling that a statement like that would upset some supporters of the club that gave him four years of total support.

Can you change "some suporters" bit to something closer to reality.

Maybe "the supporters who need to grow a backbone" or something like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here