Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus pledge on new striker

Jimmy Grimble

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This,,,,if and ok it's a big if. But if we are safely in the play offs, when Barnes returns I don't want to see him even on the bench(if we get a loan striker). We will have proved he is not needed. Personally after the situation he put us in with his sheer stupidity, I would rather he didn't play for the club again.

The passage of time isent helping

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The passage of time isent helping

Going on the view that we in all probability would not have got another striker in. Barnes's impetulace has not only dropped everyone in the crapper .It is probably going to cost Mr Bloom god knows how many thousands in wages.That said the fact he done what he done, in a bizarre way has done us a favour..It could be worse, he could be available.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Bring back Andy Kennedy!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sadly no players on loan from overseas allowed.

Only those that were free agents during the last transfer window in the country they play are possible.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Agreed. While we have some promising young players, throwing them into the team at this stage of the season is madness. We need an older-head, someone with a bit of experience who won't make silly mistakes which unfortunately many young players do.

Who knows maybe Agdestein/et al might come good, but now is not the time to risk it.

Anyone who'd rather Agdestein than Simon Church needs their heads examined.

Anyone who'd rather have Church than Agdestein needs their head examined. 22 goals in 113 games, wow what a strike rate. I bet half of them came off his arse. He is toilet!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Anyone who'd rather have Church than Agdestein needs their head examined. 22 goals in 113 games, wow what a strike rate. I bet half of them came off his arse. He is toilet!

Remind me of Agdesteins strike rate at Championship level? Has he scored over 22 goals in 113 appearances? If so I'm sure he's the perfect kid to throw into the deep end when we're within spitting distance of the play offs. Sod experience!

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Surely its better to play our youngsters like Barker/Agdestein given they know the way we play and train with us day in/day out. Any loan signing who hasn't been snapped up by other clubs by now is either going to be super expensive/crap/Simon Church and won't understand the way we play.

And we only need to play 1 striker with 2 wide forwards (Lualua and Buckley)

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Surely its better to play our youngsters like Barker/Agdestein given they know the way we play and train with us day in/day out. Any loan signing who hasn't been snapped up by other clubs by now is either going to be super expensive/crap/Simon Church and won't understand the way we play.

And we only need to play 1 striker with 2 wide forwards (Lualua and Buckley)

agree with the sentiment, but football not being about sentiment, and the fact this has been done to death on here, it's a 'no' from me .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here