Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus on talksport Friday @ 7

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm not taking Gus's side, I'm simply saying I have no information, so how can I possibly take either side?

Indeed.

I often question people who have the natural stance of "Gus is a **** ".

I ask "Why?" to which no one can actually tell me, with any certainty, what he did wrong.

He may have COMPLETELY deserved the sack. I don't know. But I certainly can't judge him or slag him off when I have absolutely no idea what the reasons were for leaving. The same as I can't be completely on the club's "side" in all this.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
No, no you're not. I'm interested to hear Gus' side of the debacle. A small part of me wants a court case so that we can find out all the details - I have no doubt both sides were to blame. Of course that will make me a bad fan because the club can do no wrong and Gus was a disloyal tosser - it really IS that black and white you know !

I too am very interested if only because the leaks that have come from people in and out the club have been vague innuendo at times, conflicting, instantly withdrawn on some occasion and on others didn't stack up (that all goes for pro and anti Gus arguments)

In employment disputes I have very rarely seen a situation where one side or the other have been 100% at fault or 100% in the clear.

As for the comment about trusting bloom - I'm sure we all do. We have no reason not to and loads of reasons why we should.

Trusting Paul Barber or Rose Read ...... I think people will have less clear views on this. And I do think its possible to have trust in a chairman whilst not trusting a CEO or other senior members of staff.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I watched his interview on goals on sunday when he said it was time for bloom and the club to stop talking about him and move on. Most of us, whilst keen to know the real facts, have. Maybe it is time for gus to now as well.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I watched his interview on goals on sunday when he said it was time for bloom and the club to stop talking about him and move on. Most of us, whilst keen to know the real facts, have. Maybe it is time for gus to now as well.

In fairness to him, he's still got something of a vested interest as he has been, rightly or wrongly, dismissed quite publicly for gross misconduct.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You may know that, but I don't, and I'm not prepared to "trust the club" on this one. Different situation I know, but if we'd trusted the club 20-odd years ago, we wouldn't be having this conversation now. Personally, I'm highly unsatisfied by the fact that no concrete reasons have been offered for the dismissal of a manager who, on the face of things, was doing an outstanding job, and as I've said, I'm astonished there aren't more questions being asked by more people about it all.

Correctly, the club have chosen not to reveal the reasons. Motor mouth may say something, but I doubt it. And a court case would only suit the lawyers, so we are unlikely to ever see the 'truth' in the public domain.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We also know there is a due process to go through which the club have done. We also know that GP has stated he is going to take the club to court so the club are still not going to release any information about the dispute.

With regard to Friday, he is hardly going to discuss in detail the reasons the club gave him about his departure as the matter, according to him, is going to court/tribunal.

Gus said he would PROBABLY go to court. Very telling.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I know in a lot of legal cases such as this if your going to court you need to apply to them in reasoable time, is such a limitation put on employment cases?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And as we have ascertained many many times, your opinion holds no more water than anyone else's, despite your claim of inside info from a party with a vested interest and their own agenda, whose trust you have now betrayed.

As I have explained many times, I have not betrayed anyone's trust. Get over it, you presumptuous clown.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I know in a lot of legal cases such as this if your going to court you need to apply to them in reasoable time, is such a limitation put on employment cases?

I believe so, but I'm sure ROSM or someone else expert in these matters will confirm. TBH I'll be surprised if Gus actually does go to court - he will most likely lose.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gus said he would PROBABLY go to court. Very telling.

Was that before or after the LMA and his legal team gave him their opinion on what his chances were of a successful outcome ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I believe so, but I'm sure ROSM or someone else expert in these matters will confirm. TBH I'll be surprised if Gus actually does go to court - he will most likely lose.

And you called TLO presumptuous !!!!! How can you say that without ALL the facts ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here