Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus on talksport Friday @ 7

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Has Gus got any credibility left??? Seriously does anyone believe a word this man says??? Every time he opens his mouth I suspect another chairman crosses him off their wanted list. Why doesn't the man just shut up??? I used to know someone else who was never wrong and everything was always someone else's fault...I divorced her 7 years ago!!!!!!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Saha 15m

I assume you mean Zaha, not Saha. And they sold him, not bought him.

Apart from that, great contribution. I doubt you could have made less sense from any combination of one word and one number.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Nah I disagree. If you look at win % over the last 2 seasons it would show Poyet well above I assume. Yes he's got a couple of promotions (the palace one v v v lucky - all the hard work was Freedmans and as I say 2 wins in 14 and go up via play offs is bad.) Feel free to make your assumptions on what Gus has done affect your memory. Fact is he was and is a brilliant manager (with a large ego admittedly) Before the play offs started not one Albion fan on here would have said he was a better manager than Gus. Half a game is blinkering your view. You can't compare history yet as Gus has barely managed. Last 2 seasons in same league Gus has much better results... I can't help but feel your the ones with BHA blinkers on - just cos Gus left with a bad taste doesn't mean we should forget how good he was / is...

Holloway had to also beat the favourites Watford in the final.

Until Gus gets his first season in the Prem he cannot be compared with Holloway. Managers get Promotion from League 1 every year and so far he hasn't done anything more special than Eddie Howe Bmouth, Gary Johnson Yeovil or Chris Powell Charlton.

As it stands Gus is no more than a good Championship manager and I look forward to seeing him tested in the Prem. Even more looking forward to us playing against his next club at the Amex.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Saha 15m

I assume you mean Zaha, not Saha. And they sold him, not bought him.

Apart from that, great contribution. I doubt you could have made less sense from any combination of one word and one number.

Zaha Saha who cares where did the 15 m go .......the albion did not have 15m to spend on players and wages

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here