Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus on talksport Friday @ 7

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No, no you're not. I'm interested to hear Gus' side of the debacle. A small part of me wants a court case so that we can find out all the details - I have no doubt both sides were to blame. Of course that will make me a bad fan because the club can do no wrong and Gus was a disloyal tosser - it really IS that black and white you know !

i'm interested too...but not so much that i would put myself out to listen especially...theres a few on here who like to lay the boot in...and one has a source..wow

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
No, no you're not. I'm interested to hear Gus' side of the debacle. A small part of me wants a court case so that we can find out all the details - I have no doubt both sides were to blame. Of course that will make me a bad fan because the club can do no wrong and Gus was a disloyal tosser - it really IS that black and white you know !

Agreed. I still find it staggering how many seem to have swallowed the club's non-reasons hook, line and sinker. All we know for certain is that Gus was fired after leading the club to its highest position in 30 years. I find it incredible why more questions aren't being asked about exactly why it happened.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
i'm interested too...but not so much that i would put myself out to listen especially...theres a few on here who like to lay the boot in...and one has a source..wow

Yep..its no big deal. Just a contact at another football club who knows a little bit about what went on. Thats all.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Maybe, just maybe, Gus was at fault, and Gus only. In fact, there is no maybe about it. He's gone, and good thing to.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Agreed. I still find it staggering how many seem to have swallowed the club's non-reasons hook, line and sinker. All we know for certain is that Gus was fired after leading the club to its highest position in 30 years. I find it incredible why more questions aren't being asked about exactly why it happened.

Because Bloom is trustworthy, whilst Gus isn't. And most supporters realize this. I find it astounding that there are still even some on here who take Gus' side unquestioningly.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Maybe, just maybe, Gus was at fault, and Gus only. In fact, there is no maybe about it. He's gone, and good thing to.

You may know that, but I don't, and I'm not prepared to "trust the club" on this one. Different situation I know, but if we'd trusted the club 20-odd years ago, we wouldn't be having this conversation now. Personally, I'm highly unsatisfied by the fact that no concrete reasons have been offered for the dismissal of a manager who, on the face of things, was doing an outstanding job, and as I've said, I'm astonished there aren't more questions being asked by more people about it all.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

We also know there is a due process to go through which the club have done. We also know that GP has stated he is going to take the club to court so the club are still not going to release any information about the dispute.

With regard to Friday, he is hardly going to discuss in detail the reasons the club gave him about his departure as the matter, according to him, is going to court/tribunal.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Hang on, I though WE were obsessed with HIM? But it seems that he keeps bringing it up whenever he gets the chance?

albionite

May 20, 2009
In your opinion, of course.

Is it not your opinion? No one is 100% trustworthy but I would say Bloom has the club interests at heart more than Gus does, even if it's just to get his money back(which I don't think it is)
If Gus comes out on the radio and says he told the players he was going off to Fulham then I might believe the rest what he says, apart from that it will be all spin advised by his lawyer.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Because Bloom is trustworthy, whilst Gus isn't. And most supporters realize this. I find it astounding that there are still even some on here who take Gus' side unquestioningly.

I'm not taking Gus's side, I'm simply saying I have no information, so how can I possibly take either side?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
We also know that GP has stated he is going to take the club to court so the club are still not going to release any information about the dispute.

I missed this - when did he say that ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

maybe its more a case of not taking the clubs side unquestionionably

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here