Gus moaning about money (in the Argus) again? [merged]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Gus is always moaning about something, usually money. This above all else is my biggest bug bare about him, he is like a old woman, moan, moan, moan all the time. When he has had everything he has asked for, just look at our squad list. Instead of f***ing moaning all the time, perhaps he should have another look at the Hull game and ask himself, what was so wrong with that performance, against the team now in second, that he felt the need to make three changes to a winning side???

this is hilarious

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
the last few seasons have seen a form team squeeze into a play off spot and go up.......a strong finish would gee everybody up for next season.....we have a lot to do before we can survive in the prem.......a play off spot would be good and a couple of extra days out but i wont be gutted if we don't go up.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I saw his interveiw online. I don't think he was moaning at all. He just seem to be proud that the players he has bought in on much less money then other teams, in the first 20 mins played some magical football. And so he should be.

That's how I interpreted it anyway.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
He's not moaning. He's merely stating the bleeding obvious; that if you gave him a shit load of money like what some clubs do he could get us promoted much more easily, given a sensible and sustainable budget means it's going to be a bit harder.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Great thread, some good opinions on both sides.

I think we're a bit to quick to say "our squad is top 6 quality". I doubt there's many of us who watch the rest of the top 6 in detail every week. It's an opinion, not a fact.

Additionally, if we are top 6 quality, then that's credit to Gus, for assembling that quality when in general 90% of league positions reflect budget.

Some of the players we rate highly, are new to the country, nevermind the club. We've seen plenty of time before how it can take players time to adapt to a new club. So they may be top 6 quality, but they may not have been from the start. Plus you can't really bring Ulloa into the equation, when our position is based on 31 games, of which he has played 3.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports