Gus.....lay off the officials a little buddy!!! we need you on the touchline.!!!!!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Don't you just love him?

Sent off so he decides to sit with the press.

Gus-Poyet_1.jpg

Classic-never one to waste an opportunity is our Gus.see it as a spying mission.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I personally like Gus's passion but surely it has to be better for the team if he can stay on the touch line so maybe he needs to be a bit more careful. As for Lua Lua's booking, I don't think he dived then although I'm not sure it was a foul either- I thnk there was contact but he made the most of it, however earlier I am sure he did dive so maybe he was asking for trouble a bit?

That is a fair summing up. I think a Lua Lua booking was inevitably going to happen as he did it everytime he was tackled

simon101

and smith MUST score
Aug 4, 2009
lewes
Ref was shocking. Missed the Barnes tackle, guy was knee high and out of control .... red card !!!! 5 mins after booking Kas he gave him a free kick for slipping over with no Donny player touching him .. Guilt for realising early bad desicion methinks. I don't think we want Gus to change, we love him , warts and all. We surely don't want Adkins, Pardew or any other characterless manager

simon101

and smith MUST score
Aug 4, 2009
lewes
And how come the Kaz incident resulted in a free kick to #DRFC? Can he give a free kick for simulation? It was so clearly a corner

Oct 25, 2003
i think it's brilliant and it all adds to the poyet SHOW that he puts on every game

he's so much more entertaining than pretty much every manager on earth

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
i think it's brilliant and it all adds to the poyet SHOW that he puts on every game

he's so much more entertaining than pretty much every manager on earth

Such a personality to have-some good young managers out there but Gus? he has charisma,flamboyance to go with it.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Poyet was absolutely right to be angry, it was never a dive in a million years. Kaz got sandwiched as the guy ran with him on the blindside and he landed on top of him ffs. IMO it was a penalty, but even if he thought it wasn't, to book him was an absolute shambles. He bottled it because giving a penalty to the home side, 25 minutes into the first game at a new stadium, in front of the away end, when he knew he was hopelessly out of position 40 yards behind play, would ensure him stick from start to finish. The first half hour all he did was give it to them, think he was determined not to be branded a homer. Tried too hard to 'stamp his authority' but actually got just about every decision wrong. He wasn't biased, he was just incompetent. The funny thing was about 3 minutes later Kaz spun out of a tackle and slipped over and he gave us the free kick, and the whole crowd went up with the standard ironic cheer. The one time there wasn't a foul and he gave it in a split second. Joke.:facepalm:

That said, I glanced down from WSU as he took out the yellow and saw Poyet drop kick the water bottles about 30 yards down the touchline, very funny :laugh:. And then the 4th official go straight to his mic to tell the ref. Knew what was coming.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He said something in the Argus the other day about toning things down.

Something along the lines of "That ees how I am. I can't change me. You take away my passion. I go home and play golf instead. Ees very simple".

We don't want a Samson situation here. Taking away his theatrics could have devastating consequences.

On the FL Show, who was the chap that he brushed off when he had found his seat?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Ref was awful which led to some shocking decisions in the first half. Gus had every right to be furious at the yellow for Lua Lua it was a corner

Indeed, though I don't think Kaz helped himself by appealing for a penalty, though no way was it a dive. The ref was awful, and the lino on the East side was even worse. The foul on Barnes should have been a straight red, though the one on Kaz was only a yellow, whereas I think our Doncaster friends are incensed because Sharp got hurt so badly by what was a clumsy and mistimed tackle. I think I'll settle for two fouls which might have resulted in either/both players getting sent off being judged as two yellows. I'm just relieved Dunk didn't get sent off, and hope Sharp recovers soon. Gus clearly can't do that too often, but I can understand why he did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports