Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus.....lay off the officials a little buddy!!! we need you on the touchline.!!!!!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Gus is a passionate and animated leader.
He is a character and the likes of Match Of The Day and Sky Sports love that sort of manager. They give football an added dimension and help create good televised sport. As for the caution- looked like he had stepped out of the designated area and argued with the officials. Did he kick over some water bottles too? Hardly major offences.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Looked live he dived and Gus should calm down a bit IMO and show the ref a bit more respect.

My first impression was ..good tackle ..corner. I was amazed when KLL got the yellow for diving . If i see it again , and he has dived , i will hold my hand up . You know, i thought one of the good things with us being in the Championship would be that the standard of refereeing would improve. He was very very average..actually he was worse than that.
Oh yea....Gus is passionate.. he reacts as we all do at crappy refs... and they continue to be in a job . If we did our job as well as they do theirs?... we would be out of a job ! Gus reacts just as we do, so i find it a little hard to take comments about showing refs some respect , when frankly they dont deserve it ! If they were good... Gus..us.. wouldnt even need to be discussing this .

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Ref was awful which led to some shocking decisions in the first half. Gus had every right to be furious at the yellow for Lua Lua it was a corner

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Oh gus, gus, gus......your passion for the game and your team truely shows!!! lol just lay off the officials a little bit mate, otherwise they will send you to the stands regularly!!! it was not a penalty and yea...lua lua was looking for it a little, it was by no means a theatrical dive, and it did not warrent a yellow card, pick yourself up and move on, you can't change their minds for them lol...:thumbsup:

I think he would be better in the stands(BBC said he was in the press box?) every week judging by his timing with the Will Buckley substitution today.....I'm sure you get a better view a bit higher up?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Was quite funny watching Tanno look up at the press box getting instructions after we scored the second. Something along the lines of Nav for Ash, obviously nothing happened

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Gus did nothing wrong in my opinion, how could the ref give kazenga a yellow for diving when the linesman thought it was a penalty? The ref poor throughout the game.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Ref was awful which led to some shocking decisions in the first half. Gus had every right to be furious at the yellow for Lua Lua it was a corner

Ref had a phase where he made several errors in Doncaster's favour. And so clearly a corner.

Funny thing was he later got a couple clearly wrong the other way. Bridcutt, Barnes (I think) took a couple out heavy-handed, and ref blew for us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Think Gus will learn from this as there was nothing wrong with the Kazenga yellow as it was odds on it would happen as he dived with every tackle that he received. Both have got to learn from today.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Oh gus, gus, gus......your passion for the game and your team truely shows!!! lol just lay off the officials a little bit mate, otherwise they will send you to the stands regularly!!! it was not a penalty and yea...lua lua was looking for it a little, it was by no means a theatrical dive, and it did not warrent a yellow card, pick yourself up and move on, you can't change their minds for them lol...:thumbsup:

Disagree. When the officials come here they have to expect that they won't get away with sub-standard refereeing. The guy today was not strong enough and bottled a few decisions. From the north stand it did look like Lua Lua looked for a pen but he also got one, looked like a clear barge off the ball and would normally be given anywhere else on the pitch.

If Poyet can get a reputation for berating the ref for bad decisions then they might think twice, it works for Ferguson. Besides, being sent to the stands isn't really being sent that far is it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Looked live he dived and Gus should calm down a bit IMO and show the ref a bit more respect.
You earn respect and this ref made dire decisions for and against both teams. I'm not even sure he fully understood the rules of football to be frank.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I personally like Gus's passion but surely it has to be better for the team if he can stay on the touch line so maybe he needs to be a bit more careful. As for Lua Lua's booking, I don't think he dived then although I'm not sure it was a foul either- I thnk there was contact but he made the most of it, however earlier I am sure he did dive so maybe he was asking for trouble a bit?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
No, the ref overreacted, as for booking Kaz, sick joke.

Poyet was om the pitch at one stage, not acceptable (FA Cap on) also kicking bottles around. Possibly Ref could have had a word, however he would have told the 4th official too. Referee was irrational . Techincally he was right, but never would have happened if he had listened to his Assisant.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Fair play Gus, taking the heat out of a tricky situation. It did not make much difference anyway, he went straight up and back down again behind the dugout, quality.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Keep going Gus-Fergie never stops so why should you.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Ref was an absolute disgrace today. Appalling. Gus had every right to be annoyed but at the same time he's got to learn to keep his cool as the season progresses.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
R U a donnie fan u ****

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Don't you just love him?

Sent off so he decides to sit with the press.

Gus-Poyet_1.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here