Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus has taken us as far as he can

Pixelated Penguin

Jul 5, 2011
Gus is one dimentional. If his pre game plan gets blown out the water his hasn't got a clue how to get back in to the game. His methodic passing style might have been good enough for L1 but it's not good enough for the Championship. The opposition are faster in this league and while we're f**king around passing amongst our defenders waiting for the right pass forward the opposition have got back. Our style of play does not seem to suit any of our strikers and even if GM had still been with us he would have scored no more than 15 goals.
This is not about tonight, this is about the why we are chocking again at the wrong end of the season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Another JCL, we have massively overachieved under Gus and it has changed our views of where we should be.

We play some of the best passing football in the league and are capable of beating anyone in this division, we are only a couple of players short of pushing for promotion and Gus is the guy to lead us there

"Just a couple of players short". That sounds like the persuasive Uruguayan pleading to TB in every transfer window to date, who then generously splashes the cash on fees and/or wages.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In Gus we trust, best football for many years, great players, and a great motivator especially on a bottom half of table budget.

Please remember where we have just come from

Season is over, maybe not mathematically but tonight has just extinguished a lot of people's flame in terms of hope. We're not good enough and annoyingly the same diagnosis as last season can be made. Which is very frustrating because seems we have t learnt or at least Gus hasn't so has he taken us as far as his ability allows? Possibly...

Football is more about where headed than where come from. And we aren't punching above our weight anymore so naturally expectations are a lot higher.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Not good enough when we cant beat bottom of the league.

We need more experienced manager with the balls to change things and not think we are Barca.

Go ahead and slam me about look where we are and where we were, but the only person we can thank for that is Tony Bloom.

Really not looking forward to Sunday one bit.

Slam away dont give a shit I am fed up with it

Oh woe woe and thrice woe!

SingitLoud

Dec 4, 2012
Hove
I am afraid if you are a real passionate Brightonian your'e bound to get pissed off!
You see what seems to be a team that play other teams off the park one week. and the next appears to be
something totally different! Whatever the reasons it is not meant to be.
If we were'nt teased with the possibility of achieving promotion our expectations wouldn't be as they are.
There is always next week or next season attitude doesn't wash with me. That is why the country is in shit street! To be in contention for promotion.you need to string results together .ie score goals and win matches!
The lot that we are playing on Sunday who we detest so much are doing just that.
Let's hope that we can turn this around and beat them.But it still doesn't repair the recent damage.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I'd rather take our time building the next Barca improving EVERY season than be the next Pompy etc.

Swindon, Oldham, plenty of teams like that have been in the Prem and ballsed up going short term....... or we could think MEDIUM (not long) term and try to build something that lasts...... look at Swansea, they took a few years to get up but are best example of a promoted team in YEARS

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I've got a horrible feeling you lot will beat us convincingly on Sunday that is typical Palace playing well scoring for fun then the big banana skin which will be the Brighton game Belive me been following Palace for 40years it's on the cards.

I feel the opposite, I can't see beyond a Palace win unfortunately. It's a derby though so don't expect anything to go to plan.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I've got a horrible feeling you lot will beat us convincingly on Sunday that is typical Palace playing well scoring for fun then the big banana skin which will be the Brighton game Belive me been following Palace for 40years it's on the cards.

Well, you know what, you've won a lot of friends with your honesty.

You're wrong though I fear.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Last year , pld 37 points 58
This year , pld 37 points 56

We've got better players this year & another whole years experience in the division and we're worse off than last season
On the 38 th game last year we beat Derby 2-0 = 61 points , if we do lose to Palace(very likely ) that's 56 points still, 5 points worse than last year

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I know. it's amazing how some still haven't seen through this clown......like yourself

Time will tell I guess, Kevin. Pretty sure that a) he'll go on to bigger and better things than us and b) a lot of the people moaning about him now will be wishing we still had him in a few years time

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Gus has my 100% backing look where we were 3 years ago. A point tonight and we would still be 6th, we are just a point off the playoff's but 3 points on Sunday are so needed more than ever now

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Season is over, maybe not mathematically

We are ONE POINT outside the play offs! ONE POINT! With a better goal difference! How the hell can the season be over? We are one point behind with TWENTY SEVEN points left to play for!

I really do find all this ridiculously over the top pessimism odd. The way people on here react when we lose a couple of games, bloody hell, what do you do if something serious happens?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Time will tell I guess, Kevin. Pretty sure that a) he'll go on to bigger and better things than us and b) a lot of the people moaning about him now will be wishing we still had him in a few years time

I bet a) Your right, but not for long. b) I doubt it. We might yoyo between Prem and Championship, but we will get there.But never under Gus. Some might look back with rose tinted glasses, but I suspect they will be the same people that can't see, he is probably doing as badly as he probably could with the players at his disposal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here