Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus has taken us as far as he can

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
How does it go all wrong 3 games won on the trot, then a 3 games a pile of shit, no shots against Bristol, and the same old story against Bolton and Barnsley. Is it Poyet or the players just arnt good enough?

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Yes he is failing to take us back to our natural position in the top tier of English football where we have spent so many years in the past -

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
My comments may well be clown like for some, but then I don't get paid a million quid a year to make them. What's Poyet's excuse???

I wasn't calling you the clown I was referring to your comment to him....and yes he's the man in the seat and he's the one that should take the flack..but that doesn't stop some of us thinking that actually it isent all as straight forward as you seem to make out....having said that I'll always look at your (mostly) entertaining posts

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
7th in the Champ seems pretty good to me with 9 games left... Dear God we have a miserable set of fans. Half of the time I think most of you lot just sit in a darkened room, bathed in the glow of your computers with fingers poised, just waiting for a bad result or performance at which point you kick into life like a frenzied dog. If we win. You switch of lf the computer and weep quietly alone in the dark.

Night all! x

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Yes he is failing to take us back to our natural position in the top tier of English football where we have spent so many years in the past -

Crap argument. We have the largest home attendance in Championship, season ticket sales etc.. Comparing BHA now to BHA at Withdean is like comparing Chelsea or Man City before new owners

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Crap argument. We have the largest home attendance in Championship, season ticket sales etc.. Comparing BHA now to BHA at Withdean is like comparing Chelsea or Man City before new owners

Spot on..I remember Chelsea playing in front of 8,000 at a crumbling half condemned Stamford Bridge.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Not good enough when we cant beat bottom of the league.

We need more experienced manager with the balls to change things and not think we are Barca.

Go ahead and slam me about look where we are and where we were, but the only person we can thank for that is Tony Bloom.

Really not looking forward to Sunday one bit.

Slam away dont give a shit I am fed up with it

Another JCL, we have massively overachieved under Gus and it has changed our views of where we should be.

We play some of the best passing football in the league and are capable of beating anyone in this division, we are only a couple of players short of pushing for promotion and Gus is the guy to lead us there

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
How does it go all wrong 3 games won on the trot, then a 3 games a pile of shit, no shots against Bristol, and the same old story against Bolton and Barnsley. Is it Poyet or the players just arnt good enough?

Because the team gets changed around so much that any continuity or understanding between players gets lost and we start again with a different set of tactics

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
In Gus we trust, best football for many years, great players, and a great motivator especially on a bottom half of table budget.

Please remember where we have just come from

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It does see, to me that rather than being successful Poyet is trying to make a name for himself playing a 'brand' of football.

I'd love to see us being successful and playing good football, however we aren't really are we ?

Swansea and Watford are two great examples of passing and movement off the ball which are successful and a joy to watch. Right now the pedestrian and conservative passing game which seems to in some cases produce 1-2 chances a game isn't either exciting or enjoyable to watch.

Very much this. We are actually very boring to watch at times if football is about creating chances and scoring goals as a form of entertainment. For last season and this. Gus's self styled brand often comes up short when looked at objectively. We're a bit all fur coat and no knickers at times. With alarming frequency

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Yeah, because...in a few days...we are playing our biggest rivals who are scoring for fun NOW we need to start shitting our pants and calling for Gus's head.

Two bob.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

But unlike all his predecessors, he has been given a big budget on fees and wages over 4 transfer windows now, and has been given the chance to coach CL and La Liga players to PL promotion 'glory'.

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
If you keep doing the same thing, you're gonna get the same results. He's not an experienced manager and is learning all the time. I just wish he'd learn a bit quicker! There seems to be a refusal to try something different, 442 for example. No point changing when we're losing, why not try starting with it!

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
We probably wouldn't have the players we have if it wasn't for Gus, but then can he get them to play to their full potential?

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
In Gus we trust, best football for many years, great players, and a great motivator especially on a bottom half of table budget.

Please remember where we have just come from

we have actually come from the top division about 30 years ago, so this argument about where we have come from is a crock of steaming.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here