Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gus after liam + will

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Really don't want to see anyone go in January, but we seem better placed to lose a few stars now than we have been before. Obviously we can't get a like for like replacement for Liam for the same money - but Ince can do a job, so we would need to use the cash to strengthen in other areas. Buckley - we would need another winger, but we probably do anyway. Would be a great shame to see either go. Glad he isn't after Leo too!

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Really don't want to see anyone go in January, but we seem better placed to lose a few stars now than we have been before. Obviously we can't get a like for like replacement for Liam for the same money - but Ince can do a job, so we would need to use the cash to strengthen in other areas. Buckley - we would need another winger, but we probably do anyway. Would be a great shame to see either go. Glad he isn't after Leo too!

Shhhhh! He's probably forgotten about him.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Pretty much any team in the bottom half could do with a Bridcutt. If this £2 1/2 million figure is correct then that's taking the piss. I fancy he'll end up at Sunderland but the market for him should be bigger for him than this. A team like Villa are almost certain to stay up, and it's closer to home so a better move for him possibly.

After the way they played on Saturday I wouldn't be so sure. They scored with their 1 and only shot, Swansea passed them off the park. If not for some lame finishing Villa would have been buried, every player seems terrified of the ball and either hoofs it carelessly gifts possesion away.

Regarding other teams in the bottom half the Premier League needing a player like Bridcutt, most of them all have a holding midfielder or at least a player who fits that bill, without taking anything away from Bridcutt it's a fairly strong list of names.

Yacob, Parker, Medel, Huddlestone, Diame and even Jedinak has proven his worth. I just can't see major bidding war for a 24 year old defensive midfielder who has never played in the premier league :(

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Bridcutt and Poyet share the same agent.

Therefore, I think we can assume that if Bridcutt did not want to go to Sunderland, Poyet would know. And wouldn't waste his time bidding.

Can we? Isn't it possible, as they share agents, Gus is doing his agent a favour by "bidding"* for Bridcutt in an effort to help him get a better deal?

*I mean, putting in bids he knows we will turn down, possibly those that are below any potential release clause?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I fancy Ince could replace Bridcutt, but we've been here before with young players - Lewis Dunk, Joel Lynch, Jake Robinson have all flattered to deceive. I agree we've got a decent squad, it just needs a couple of spicy players.

I am concerned about this Ince can replace Bridcutt talk, which he obviously has proved to us he has the potential to do so. Ince is being noticed now by other clubs and fans and what worries me is that Ince, next month, is in the last 6 months of his contract. This being the case he can then start talking to other clubs about signing for them in June on I believe a free. We could also end up losing Ince for nothing.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I appreciate the majority on here feel Bridcutt is worth more than £2.5m and I tend to agree. However, £1m for Buckley? Has he really stayed at the sae level since we signed him from Watford, who almost certainly will get a percentage. If Noone was allegedly worth nearer to £2m, Buckley at the very least must be around the same mark. £5.5m for the pair.

modulate

Nov 23, 2013
I am concerned about this Ince can replace Bridcutt talk, which he obviously has proved to us he has the potential to do so. Ince is being noticed now by other clubs and fans and what worries me is that Ince, next month, is in the last 6 months of his contract. This being the case he can then start talking to other clubs about signing for them in June on I believe a free. We could also end up losing Ince for nothing.

I would have thought it would go to tribunal because of his age

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

This is a very good point. I cannot believe how slow the club has been in getting Ince to sign up, Kuszczak as well come to that.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The other point about Bridcutt is that we've already denied him a Prem move by turning the Palace offer down. If Bloom were to deny him a second time the chances of him giving a shit are pretty low I'd say. I'd be surprised if we see him in the blue and white stripes again.

I think we will see him in the stripes tomorrow

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not sure if either really have what it takes for The Premiership, if they move they might well be back down here next season anyway.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Bridcutt and Poyet share the same agent.

Therefore, I think we can assume that if Bridcutt did not want to go to Sunderland, Poyet would know. And wouldn't waste his time bidding.

Gus will not be doing any buying at Sunderland as that is all done by the DOF. This is clearly enforced by the club as PDC clearly said on a number of occasions the players bought were not his. As a Sunderland who has seen Bridcutt play I hope we do not buy him as currently he is unproved in the Prem and not the sort of player that a club fighting for the league should be buying at this time although I know that he is a very good player at championship level so he may well have what it takes but it isnt the time to gamble.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I will drive buckley up personally for a million

This as too inconsistent and injury prone. I really can't believe Poyet thinks he is premiership standard. Maybe its a smokescreen for his real interest in Leo along with Liam. :) :'(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here