Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gus after liam + will

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I fancy Ince could replace Bridcutt, but we've been here before with young players - Lewis Dunk, Joel Lynch, Jake Robinson have all flattered to deceive. I agree we've got a decent squad, it just needs a couple of spicy players.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Once the Albion realise Sunderland will offer enough money to buy Bridcutt and that he wants to go, I would hope someone at the club is touting his arse off to every single club in the bottom half of the EPL.

Never before would a bid from Norwich for one of our players have been so welcome!

I'm pretty much certain this is going to happen , Sunderland will put a final take it or leave it offer on the table and we'll tell other interested clubs a matching offer will seal the deal.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Once the Albion realise Sunderland will offer enough money to buy Bridcutt and that he wants to go, I would hope someone at the club is touting his arse off to every single club in the bottom half of the EPL.

Never before would a bid from Norwich for one of our players have been so welcome!

I suggested that was perhaps a reason for this article a week or so back: http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/10896670.Albion_braced_for_Bridcutt_departure/

Bridcutt, targeted by Crystal Palace in August, confirmed earlier this month his ambition to become a Premier League player. He also admitted it would be hard to turn an opportunity down.

Bridcutt’s wages would multiply with a switch to the Stadium of Light or another Premier League club.

Family considerations, coupled with Sunderland’s perilous position at the foot of the table, might persuade the Reading-born 24-year-old to stay further South if West Brom, Norwich, Aston Villa or Fulham - all clubs linked with him previously - rival Sunderland’s interest.​

It read very much like a "if you still want him, we're listening to offers now" article, with the plus points for why he might turn down the chance to work with Gus again.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I won't believe it until it's on the Football Rumours site…

:dunce:

To be honest, I think we could cope without the pair of the – in fact we have for a lot of this season. If the money is right, I reckon they will both be off. The sceptic in me questions whether Buckley IS actually injured ???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The sceptic in me questions whether Buckley IS actually injured ???

He went down injured after chasing a through ball during Saturday's match, then limped off looking pissed off.

I think convinient pretend injuries tend to 'occur' during training, rather than at crucial points in league matches!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I won't believe it until it's on the Football Rumours site…

:dunce:

To be honest, I think we could cope without the pair of the – in fact we have for a lot of this season. If the money is right, I reckon they will both be off. The sceptic in me questions whether Buckley IS actually injured ???

He is injured , he did the same at Donny over exerting himself to steam past the defender.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Potential scenario: <Tony> "Gus, I'll swap you Will Buckley for Connor Wickham and sell you Bridcutt for £4 million" You get 2 players, you only spend £4mill."

We bring Conway back to replace Buckley, Ince replaces Bridcutt, we add Wickham into the mix and have £4million to spend.

Your sums assume that Conway is FREE.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

This. I was at Villa v Swansea on Saturday and Villa are absolutely crying out for a player like Bridcutt. They simply do not have a player who will put his foot on the ball and take responsibility. At 24 years old he fits Lambert's 'project' and we know he's partial to a Brighton player.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Bridcutt and Poyet share the same agent.

Therefore, I think we can assume that if Bridcutt did not want to go to Sunderland, Poyet would know. And wouldn't waste his time bidding.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Your sums assume that Conway is FREE.

That's the beauty of it. Conway's contract is up on 30th June 2014, so unlikely to be much of a fee if anything. The new Cardiff manager may want to look at Conway first before making a decision - being a Scottish international I'd be surprised if they let him go straight away, and I'd be surprised if he didn't want to try out for the new boss first. The timing there at Cardiff hasn't done us any favours, but if the new manager already has ideas on who he wants to bring in a deal could be done.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This. I was at Villa v Swansea on Saturday and Villa are absolutely crying out for a player like Bridcutt. They simply do not have a player who will put his foot on the ball and take responsibility. At 24 years old he fits Lambert's 'project' and we know he's partial to a Brighton player.

Pretty much any team in the bottom half could do with a Bridcutt. If this £2 1/2 million figure is correct then that's taking the piss. I fancy he'll end up at Sunderland but the market for him should be bigger for him than this. A team like Villa are almost certain to stay up, and it's closer to home so a better move for him possibly.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Regarding Bridcutt, I think we can safely assume he's going to be swapping the blue stripes for red ones, if by some small miracle he stays then I'll be delighted but if he goes then so be it. I just hope we reinvest the money received???

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The other point about Bridcutt is that we've already denied him a Prem move by turning the Palace offer down. If Bloom were to deny him a second time the chances of him giving a shit are pretty low I'd say. I'd be surprised if we see him in the blue and white stripes again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here