Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gully's Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
Is it just me.....is their routine a little lame? Would rather listen to a marching band at half time ???

D

Deleted member 22389

Gullys Girls are now part of the furniture and will never be moved. Apart from one or two of them, they do this for nothing. I think what they do is fantastic entertainment for the kids and the adults. And its not like they appeared at the last minute just because we have a new stadium either. Thumbs up from me.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Freedom of speech encouraged on any subject ... Ashley Barnes, Ryan Harley, Alan Navarro, whether Withdean is better than the Amex, whether Gus really is god, whether the North Stand is too small, whether we should delay installing extra seats, whether we should run out to Sussex by the Sea.

But questioning Gully's Girls? NO! NO, NO, NO!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Marching Band?

We'll be playing in black & white and handing out rattles and flat caps next.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Shame on you! Leave our girls alone. Part of the whole Albion experience now. And have been for a long time.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think they are shit to be honest, and most of them aren't even attractive. Some are even fat. I don't buy any of this bollocks about it being great entertainment for kids and families, kids and families do not spend hundreds of pounds on season tickets to watch some second rate cheerleaders, they come to watch the football. It's only one step above goal music.

Having them or that annoying fanzone thing with Richard Reynolds shouting as loud ad he can does not make the slightest bit I difference to ticket sales or whether kids want to come or not. I'd rather we got rid of all of it and let the atmosphere develop pre kick off by itself.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I think they are shit to be honest, and most of them aren't even attractive. Some are even fat. I don't buy any of this bollocks about it being great entertainment for kids and families, kids and families do not spend hundreds of pounds on season tickets to watch some second rate cheerleaders, they come to watch the football. It's only one step above goal music.

Having them or that annoying fanzone thing with Richard Reynolds shouting as loud ad he can does not make the slightest bit I difference to ticket sales or whether kids want to come or not. I'd rather we got rid of all of it and let the atmosphere develop pre kick off by itself.

Blimey. bad morning?

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Having them or that annoying fanzone thing with Richard Reynolds shouting as loud ad he can does not make the slightest bit I difference to ticket sales or whether kids want to come or not.

And your evidence for this is??????

Cause to me it looks like the kids (and more than a few of the Dads) absolutely love it.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

So you pay hundreds of pounds to watch the football ..... and that's what you get.

You can watch or ignore all the peripheral stuff that you don't pay for.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

I'm inclined to agree, especially regarding Fanzone. But Gully's Girls don't do any harm and I'm usually in the concourses anyway so I'm not bothered either way :shrug:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Bit harsh, although as others have said people should be allowed to not like Gully's Girls if that's how they feel, free counrty and all that. I actually agree with the sentiment about pre match entertainment, all the shouting and loud music hinders it. The only good thing is the old goals and stadium shots being shown on the big screens

Personally I think they're ok. I don't watch them anymore though because I'm under the north stand necking pints :drink:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nothing against GG myself but be warned any criticising that some on here have their tongues firmly up the girls arses - you can see that when the head one posts!

One thing I have noticed which is annoying and not right in my opinion, is that they have the best seats in the house reserved for all of them - right behind Gus and the staff / subs. The most annoying thing however is both at the start of the game and the 2nd half they stroll down at least TEN MINUTES into the half with their tracksuits on, each holding a cup of coffee, and slip into their seats. Sorry but once you've finished the half time bits - take your seat after chucking a tracksuit on! It's football time! :bhasign:

I do enjoy the family element that the girls bring to the club though - don't get me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here