Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gully's Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
(They do seem to have snagged some great seats at the Amex though.)

This, they are always empty at the start of the game as well.

I am sure this thread is just fishing, but if not it seems more of a 'bring back 1970's football' and cut everything out but singing, and unfortunately today Gullys Girls have taken the brunt rather than the PA, Video, Food, Away fans...

I bloody love the AMEX bring on the mime artists, sheep dog trials, Hustings won't ruin my day a jot...

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Never seen their routine at the Amex, take my seat pre-match just in time for the Legends video thingumy bob, half time queue for more beer.

I did however follow a Gully's Girl up the stairs at Lewes Station a few weeks back, it made me feel old.:blush:

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Never seen their routine at the Amex, take my seat pre-match just in time for the Legends video thingumy bob, half time queue for more beer.

I did however follow a Gully's Girl up the stairs at Lewes Station a few weeks back, it made me feel old.:blush:

Just old!! LOLOLOL

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Nothing against GG myself but be warned any criticising that some on here have their tongues firmly up the girls arses - you can see that when the head one posts!

One thing I have noticed which is annoying and not right in my opinion, is that they have the best seats in the house reserved for all of them - right behind Gus and the staff / subs. The most annoying thing however is both at the start of the game and the 2nd half they stroll down at least TEN MINUTES into the half with their tracksuits on, each holding a cup of coffee, and slip into their seats. Sorry but once you've finished the half time bits - take your seat after chucking a tracksuit on! It's football time! :bhasign:

I do enjoy the family element that the girls bring to the club though - don't get me wrong.

I don’t think it’s a case of people ‘having their tongues firmly up the girls arses’ it’s more a case of defending OUR cheerleaders from comments like ‘she’s too fat’ or I wouldn’t touch her with yours’ and the like.

I can see why people don’t like the idea of cheerleaders and that some people see it as an example of the Americanisation of modern football but that doesn’t give people the right to direct some very pretty nasty comments towards them, especially Jo the head cheerleader not only because she posts on here but because she does a hell of a lot for the club and numerous charities… (Before anyone says anything I would defend her even if she had a face like a bag of spanners)
Despite me being pretty vocal in defence of Gully’s girls, I’m inclined to agree with you about the seats though, I would have thought seats in the east where I thought players family members sit would be a better spot? In any case I’m not gonna lose sleep over them getting a better seat than me, they are effectively employees of the club after all.

I think they are shit to be honest, and most of them aren't even attractive. Some are even fat. I don't buy any of this bollocks about it being great entertainment for kids and families, kids and families do not spend hundreds of pounds on season tickets to watch some second rate cheerleaders, they come to watch the football. It's only one step above goal music.

Having them or that annoying fanzone thing with Richard Reynolds shouting as loud ad he can does not make the slightest bit I difference to ticket sales or whether kids want to come or not. I'd rather we got rid of all of it and let the atmosphere develop pre kick off by itself.

Wow, what an ideal world YOU must live in - where no person is carrying an extra pound, everyone is aethetically pleasing to YOUR eye (what is attractive is subjective), and entertainment is aimed at you in particular.....so you can criticise down to the 'finer points' of everything put before you.

How exactly does an atmophere just develop by itself? Is it resonating off the grey walls - from people like you?
No doubt a super-fit chap who surrounds himself with sweet-smelling flowers of humankind :nono:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Gosh - you must be bloody perfect! :tosser:

Yeah alright, I was typing quickly on my phone on the train in, it didn't come across right. My second (long rambling rant) post puts across my point better, I think.

f*** me, you must have some time on your hands being able to write that. I got bored after the first paragraph.

Indeed, it's called 'being at work'.

How can you knock them, it not my sort of thing but they do it for free, do fantastic charity work and represent our club. They will only get better and better and all the time people want to dedicate their time and energy in support of our club well done to them. These threads seem as bizarre as the Ashley Barnes ones to me...

I'm not really knocking them personally, I'm knocking the whole idea of cheerleaders at football in general. Although they aren't exactly the best in the business, but then we're not exactly the best football team in the business either I suppose.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Having them or that annoying fanzone thing with Richard Reynolds shouting as loud ad he can does not make the slightest bit I difference to ticket sales or whether kids want to come or not. I'd rather we got rid of all of it and let the atmosphere develop pre kick off by itself.

Strange that, so why would both my Daughters Love to be Gully's Girls one day?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

I followed one home the other week, I was taking pictures and wearing womens underwear + cheerleaders outfit under my trenchcoat and touching my bum and sniffing my hand. It made me think I might be a bit wierd :blush:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don’t think it’s a case of people ‘having their tongues firmly up the girls arses’ it’s more a case of defending OUR cheerleaders from comments like ‘she’s too fat’ or I wouldn’t touch her with yours’ and the like.

I can see why people don’t like the idea of cheerleaders and that some people see it as an example of the Americanisation of modern football but that doesn’t give people the right to direct some very pretty nasty comments towards them, especially Jo the head cheerleader not only because she posts on here but because she does a hell of a lot for the club and numerous charities… (Before anyone says anything I would defend her even if she had a face like a bag of spanners)
Despite me being pretty vocal in defence of Gully’s girls, I’m inclined to agree with you about the seats though, I would have thought seats in the east where I thought players family members sit would be a better spot? In any case I’m not gonna lose sleep over them getting a better seat than me, they are effectively employees of the club after all.

I agree with your whole post mate - The tongue thing wasn't thinking of anyone or anything in particular I just remember a thread where people were getting all mushy with her lol. Damn right i'll defend them as part of our club from nasty comments too and as I said I've got nothing against them but the strolling in after 10 mins of a half is a bit of a p take esp when they have very nice seats etc. As you say, not losing sleep over it - just an observation...

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
I'm sure the OP is fishing - how do you define a lame routine ? ? The Girls do a great job and learn new routines each week. They also form only a small part of the AMEX experience. If you want to listen to marching bands get some loaded on your ipod or join a brass band. Let's support them with generous applause (if you watch them) as I believe they are genuine assets to the club not over made up, hair extended bimbo's like some other clubs cheerleaders.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I agree with your whole post mate - The tongue thing wasn't thinking of anyone or anything in particular I just remember a thread where people were getting all mushy with her lol. Damn right i'll defend them as part of our club from nasty comments too and as I said I've got nothing against them but the strolling in after 10 mins of a half is a bit of a p take esp when they have very nice seats etc. As you say, not losing sleep over it - just an observation...

I think the seats comment is a little bit unfair...

- Given where all the changing rooms etc are (in the West) then West Stand seats are what they'll need otherwise they'll spend a lot of time working their way around the stadium.
- The club very possibly didn't want fans directly behind Gus et al, where there could be risk of confrontation when things aren't going well.
- After they've finished their set, they will need to cool down and get changed etc. It's not realistic to be in there seats as the players re-emerge for the 2nd half.

They are good seats though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here