Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Greta 1 v 0 Tate

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I’m confused, I find her utterly dislikable, does that mean I’m anti autism? Didn’t even know she had autism to be honest.

Andrew Tate is a monumental bellend, but her retort was embarrassing. I’m sick to death of seeing people go on about ‘inciting hate’ yet ignoring it or finding it amusing when it’s aimed at someone they don’t like.

Both were wrong, his comments are as usual, ignorant and her comments were absolutely unfunny, I genuinely can’t believe people are making out like his hilarious but there you go, that’s just me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
HWT has openly admitted he is autistic on North Stand Chat. Consider what you are saying.
Thanks, but no worries, he can gob off all he likes now. No idea what he's written. I've blocked him. He'll probably get his collar felt soon, if he is on a mission.

Best thing, when you've said something daft (as I do quite often) is apologize, have a bit of a think, and move on. Anyone who is a Thunberg hater in this day and age has either been living in a cave, or is a nasty bully.

Instead of continuing to dig, he might learn something here:

:thumbsup:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Agreed - plenty of ways to restrict a child’s internet access on laptop or phone but most parents oblivious.

TikTok is an absolute cancer in so many ways and surprised so many parents indulge or let their children partake in it. Chinese digital ‘warfare’ at its finest. In China it’s used as an education tool with kids tightly controlled, in the rest of the world it’s hugely damaging.
I’m sorry but that’s just wrong. Kids have access to the internet as soon as they see their mates. Kids whose access has been restricted by their parents for safeguarding reasons still have access to the internet. The problem is a lot bigger than you or TB understand.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’m sorry but that’s just wrong. Kids have access to the internet as soon as they see their mates. Kids whose access has been restricted by their parents for safeguarding reasons still have access to the internet. The problem is a lot bigger than you or TB understand.
Not really. Some prevention is better than none. So controlling what someone can / can’t do the best you can - I.e on their device is at least helpful for most the time.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
You are misrepresenting what I am saying. The past was full of all the problems you have described on this thread. That does not contradict the point I am making about the sexualisation of kids brought about by the internet. Clearly I am not explaining myself properly but it is a problem that you would understand better if you worked in education right now.
I think I now understand what you are trying to say, that sexualisation is a causation of problems between the same gender, I agree that problem is there, a lot of social media puts people on a pedastall to be attractive, but I think that comes down to a mental health crisis that this generation has rather than a misogyny crisis.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’m confused, I find her utterly dislikable, does that mean I’m anti autism? Didn’t even know she had autism to be honest.

Andrew Tate is a monumental bellend, but her retort was embarrassing. I’m sick to death of seeing people go on about ‘inciting hate’ yet ignoring it or finding it amusing when it’s aimed at someone they don’t like.

Both were wrong, his comments are as usual, ignorant and her comments were absolutely unfunny, I genuinely can’t believe people are making out like his hilarious but there you go, that’s just me.
The most despicable thing about Greta's retort is the fact she went so route one.

A word of advise to Mr Tate in the future:-

'if you don't want the internet mocking you over penis size, don't start a troll war with a post that's only subtext is 'Im overcompensating for my small penis' '.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think I now understand what you are trying to say, that sexualisation is a causation of problems between the same gender, I agree that problem is there, a lot of social media puts people on a pedastall to be attractive, but I think that comes down to a mental health crisis that this generation has rather than a misogyny crisis.
Yes, the two are linked and there is causation in a lot of cases.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It's almost like having to work hard for things gives you a less entitled view of the world.

Makes people more appreciative for what they have.

Those who have been given a lot without having to work for it produce the likes of Greta.
I am going to guess Greta does a lot more hard work than you were doing during your teenage years.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Who would be setting these controls ? Sounds like you live in a very middle class world and have trouble understanding how it is out there in the real world. Your comment about sexualisation in the ‘60s is also rather patronizing and is clearly not what I am talking about.
We seem to be talking at crossed purposes. Parental controls are set by parents?

Why is it patronising to say girls were sexualised in the 60s? Advertising is as pervasive as the internet.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
“Small dick energy” is merely an inversion of the phrase “big dick energy” that people like Tate use.

If one wishes to criticise the language young people are using, perhaps understand it first.
Both are absolutely ridiculous terms, men don’t use the term big dick energy, it’s a term mostly females use about men.

People just make stuff up, don’t follow him as he’s a bellend but just searched his posts and he’s never used the term big dick energy, Greta going to this was childish.

Sorry but I find the narrative people invent to suit their agendas very strange, obviously she’s a much more liked person than Tate, but it doesn’t make her comments acceptable.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221230_112230_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20221230_112230_Messages.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20221230_111621.jpg
    20221230_111621.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 28

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Greta going to this was childish.
I mean, she's still young. A young person responding to *checks notes* a grown ass 36 year old man needlessly calling her out on social media.

Personally found it funny as f***.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Both are absolutely ridiculous terms, men don’t use the term big dick energy, it’s a term mostly females use about men.

People just make stuff up, don’t follow him as he’s a bellend but just searched his posts and he’s never used the term big dick energy, Greta going to this was childish.

Sorry but I find the narrative people invent to suit their agendas very strange, obviously she’s a much more liked person than Tate, but it doesn’t make her comments acceptable.
You seem to be an authority on dick energy so I’ll defer to you on the matter.

Personally, I think men like Tate are absolutely floored by public humiliation so I think Greta picked just the right insult for the bloke.

I’m sure it’s the least of his worries now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

They aren't both wrong. You've got it wrong. Tate is wrong. Thunberg isn't.

Perhaps you are expressing the natural response most of us have to people 'on the spectrum'. How many people would like to give Chris Packham a slap, for example? Or me? :lolol:

It is a condition that is barely understood, especially when the person is high functional. I work in higher education and have published more than 100 research papers, have a patent on a new drug, and edit a science journal. Yet I have been on three disciplinary hearings. My thing is I come out with unpalatable truths when faced with 'bellcheeses' at work. I have a good nexus of pals, but some people dismiss me as a 'dickhead', and suggest I could have made more of my career if I wasn't 'my own worst enemy'. Personally I couldn't give a shit about ambition. However my work environment is not conducive to my 'having a proper word' with the senior hierarchy to get some support. I have broached the topic but my last two heads of department backed away as if they thought I was about to go for their neck :lolol:. I really hope this will change in time because lots of talent with a worse mental profile than mine are lost, every day.

But even now, I do expect to be treated as an equal, and not bullied for being peculiar. That why I like NSC so much, because lots of people apparently 'get' me.

Having listened to a few interviews with Ms Thunberg, I would imagine she feels much the same, albeit she seems to have less regard for her detractors than I would.

As an aside I find it hilarious that so many men have been triggered by the small penis jibe. For some men, they always think their penis is too small, even when it is perfectly adequate. So yes, it is a metaphor, like 'small man syndrome', but in this case it applies to men who are relentlessly strident and confrontational, perhaps compensating for a small penis in their mind.

Being on the spectrum doesn't give you a get-out-of-jail-free card, however. I am as knee-jerk prejudicial as the next person when I let my id do the talking. Picking on weakness is a human characteristic, especially if we find someone weird and repellant for some reason. Instead of embracing these feelings, why not try to embrace the person? I have made good friends with people who I initially found repellant, and vice versa. Albeit I can still be a confrontational arse. As John Lydon once said 'I try so hard to be nice' but it doesn't always work :lolol:. I suspect Ms Thunberg doesn't try at all. Good for her.

:thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Why is a teenage girl who speaks up about something she really believes in utterly dislikable? What is so dislikable about her?

Mocking someone by giving them a fake email address is not inciting hate. Tate had already started the insults, so she retorted with a humerous fake email address. It's no worse than any late night tv comedian would use.

Inciting hate is a criminal offence. Do you know anybody, who would be arrested for saying, contact me on smalldickenergy@getalife.com?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here