Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Greta 1 v 0 Tate

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Both are absolutely ridiculous terms, men don’t use the term big dick energy, it’s a term mostly females use about men.

People just make stuff up, don’t follow him as he’s a bellend but just searched his posts and he’s never used the term big dick energy, Greta going to this was childish.

Sorry but I find the narrative people invent to suit their agendas very strange, obviously she’s a much more liked person than Tate, but it doesn’t make her comments acceptable.
We used to call it taking someone down a peg or two, his cockiness and abrasiveness put him in a position to receive a slap down, she didn't wake up and think of getting at him, she responded to his attempts to wind her up, and I think her response was perfect for the character she was responding to in taking him down a peg or two.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The most despicable thing about Greta's retort is the fact she went so route one.

A word of advise to Mr Tate in the future:-

'if you don't want the internet mocking you over penis size, don't start a troll war with a post that's only subtext is 'Im overcompensating for my small penis' '.
Sometimes it's best to not dick around at the back, and just hoof it.

Especially when playing against tiny fourth tier opposition.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
We used to call it taking someone down a peg or two, his cockiness and abrasiveness put him in a position to receive a slap down, she didn't wake up and think of getting at him, she responded to his attempts to wind her up, and I think her response was perfect for the character she was responding to in taking him down a peg or two.

Twats like him thrive for the attention.

Ignore him and he’ll go away

Although TBH I had never heard of him before this incident.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Neither had I. but he launched himself up against a teenage girl who is extremely well known throughout the world. He was then arrested as Romanian police had been investigating him since last April for rape, and trafficking.
He wanted the attention but got far more than he bargained for.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If he’d said ‘small chest energy’ to her people would be condemning it…

It’s just not funny.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

It’s just not funny.
It makes no sense as it’s not a well known phrase

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Neither had I. but he launched himself up against a teenage girl who is extremely well known throughout the world. He was then arrested as Romanian police had been investigating him since last April for rape, and trafficking.
He wanted the attention but got far more than he bargained for.
Maybe small brain is a better way to describe him. :lolol:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221230_163807_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20221230_163807_Facebook.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 17

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

It’s just not funny.
He swaggers around putting women down, boasting about his cars etc
He faces allegations of rape and trafficking.
He decides to call out a 19 year old woman on social media, totally unsolicited. She implies he has a small penis.

It’s really not worth getting so upset about. She’s not the one with the problem here.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

The problem is that us on here ignoring him won’t make him go away. He influences children and is a part of the problem. That’s the point I have been trying to make, albeit clearly not very well. Anyway, new term next week and I now know the context of his name being mentioned so I am grateful to Greta for highlighting the issue.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He decides to call out a 19 year old woman on social media, totally unsolicited. She implies he has a small penis.

It’s really not worth getting so upset about. She’s not the one with the problem here.
Clearly as a very prominent person online she should be aware of what her posts will lead too, she has millions of followers, her posting this will inevitably lead to a hoard of her followers jumping in the bandwagon.

I think Tate is an absolute twat, but I don’t agree with her post because I know social media and he’ll get this shit for eternity now, just feels to me like when it suits put downs online are fine, but other times it’s offensive.

That and the fact I just found it incredibly unfunny and childish, both of them, but I’m not surprised from it from him.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Not bothered reading this thread or learning the in's and out's of the latest internet ding dong ... but i'd like to add my support to those saying anyone siding with the bloke getting arrested for rape and people trafficking, over the young girl who made a retort to an insult needs to get off the internet, sit alone for a long while and ask themselves "what is it, deep down inside me that's made me take the side i've taken?"

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

People like him are dangerous to ignore.

He made a lot of his money selling hateful, misogynistic, incel bullshit to vulnerable men.

If you ignore him he's free to keep doing that. Creating countless Tate clones spouting off their shite. It's dangerous. They need challenging.

Some bullies you ignore, others need shutting up.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Clearly as a very prominent person online she should be aware of what her posts will lead too, she has millions of followers, her posting this will inevitably lead to a hoard of her followers jumping in the bandwagon.

I think Tate is an absolute twat, but I don’t agree with her post because I know social media and he’ll get this shit for eternity now, just feels to me like when it suits put downs online are fine, but other times it’s offensive.

That and the fact I just found it incredibly unfunny and childish, both of them, but I’m not surprised from it from him.
He is a misogynistic arse-hole who
People like him are dangerous to ignore.

He made a lot of his money selling hateful, misogynistic, incel bullshit to vulnerable men.

If you ignore him he's free to keep doing that. Creating countless Tate clones spouting off their shite. It's dangerous. They need challenging.

Some bullies you ignore, others need shutting up.

Agree.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
In Seaford, Newhaven and Peacehaven there are men (not teenage lads) with these loud cars with what I call exploding exhaust pipes, some of these cars look very expensive. I can sort of understand 18 and 19 year olds doing this but not blokes in there late 30s and 40s.
I do believe they all drive into Eastbourne Mackie d’s with their dustbins for exhaust pipes, total morons !

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
They aren't both wrong. You've got it wrong. Tate is wrong. Thunberg isn't.

Perhaps you are expressing the natural response most of us have to people 'on the spectrum'. How many people would like to give Chris Packham a slap, for example? Or me? :lolol:

It is a condition that is barely understood, especially when the person is high functional. I work in higher education and have published more than 100 research papers, have a patent on a new drug, and edit a science journal. Yet I have been on three disciplinary hearings. My thing is I come out with unpalatable truths when faced with 'bellcheeses' at work. I have a good nexus of pals, but some people dismiss me as a 'dickhead', and suggest I could have made more of my career if I wasn't 'my own worst enemy'. Personally I couldn't give a shit about ambition. However my work environment is not conducive to my 'having a proper word' with the senior hierarchy to get some support. I have broached the topic but my last two heads of department backed away as if they thought I was about to go for their neck :lolol:. I really hope this will change in time because lots of talent with a worse mental profile than mine are lost, every day.

But even now, I do expect to be treated as an equal, and not bullied for being peculiar. That why I like NSC so much, because lots of people apparently 'get' me.

Having listened to a few interviews with Ms Thunberg, I would imagine she feels much the same, albeit she seems to have less regard for her detractors than I would.

As an aside I find it hilarious that so many men have been triggered by the small penis jibe. For some men, they always think their penis is too small, even when it is perfectly adequate. So yes, it is a metaphor, like 'small man syndrome', but in this case it applies to men who are relentlessly strident and confrontational, perhaps compensating for a small penis in their mind.

Being on the spectrum doesn't give you a get-out-of-jail-free card, however. I am as knee-jerk prejudicial as the next person when I let my id do the talking. Picking on weakness is a human characteristic, especially if we find someone weird and repellant for some reason. Instead of embracing these feelings, why not try to embrace the person? I have made good friends with people who I initially found repellant, and vice versa. Albeit I can still be a confrontational arse. As John Lydon once said 'I try so hard to be nice' but it doesn't always work :lolol:. I suspect Ms Thunberg doesn't try at all. Good for her.

:thumbsup:
A late entry … but this is my post of the year 🏆

I’ve been smiling away to myself as your third paragraph - explaining autism and how it affects you - mirrors the experience of one of my closest friends who was finally diagnosed a few years or so ago. He’s 51 now and has struggled with many aspects of life over a long period. The diagnosis set him free - although it did also give him licence to really say what he thought and his wife often found herself apologising for his bluntness on occasions! Myself and my wife just embrace who he is and give just as much back and have a good old laugh about many situations. It was your comment about work and disciplinary hearings that really made me smile as my friend has told me about a number of things he’s said during meetings which have got him into trouble! He‘s a business analyst and now works on a contract basis and doesn’t worry about HR issues etc! He’s bloody good at what he does and only really says what actually needs saying ... whereas others might try and avoid saying something or pussyfoot around an issue!

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

I’m getting concerned about the number of your posts I’ve liked today Clamp ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here