Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greg Halford joining on loan

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Yes, a great disappointment was Greg Halford. He'd been so good at Colchester and I thought we'd signed a very good player. It turned out Steve Coppell had sussed him straight away hence Coppell quickly moving him on.
I thought he wasn't given a proper chance with us but it turned out he just wasn't up to scratch and had a terrible attitude.

Seems like Burke has done his due diligence again...

Player recruitment has been a shambles since Poyet left.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would rather you expanded on that rather than call me a wind up merchant???
The club moan about ffp all the time,but go and waste it on a useless defender.
We have options that can be used for a couple of games or so...We ain't going up and I doubt we're going down,so why waste money?

I suspect most would rather see a couple of youngsters play rather than this clown we've got for a month:nono:

So you're best case scenario is to have a player who has never played centre half at a professional level on the bench.
The middle case scenario is to have a player who has never played centre half at a professional level play, while another is on the bench.
The worst case scenario is to have 2 players who has never played centre half at a professional level play, while a third is on the bench.
All for the sake of saving what amounts to a drop in the ocean.

Yet you don't feel you should be open to derision.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
So you're best case scenario is to have a player who has never played centre half at a professional level on the bench.
The middle case scenario is to have a player who has never played centre half at a professional level play, while another is on the bench.
The worst case scenario is to have 2 players who has never played centre half at a professional level play, while a third is on the bench.
All for the sake of saving what amounts to a drop in the ocean.

Yet you don't feel you should be open to derision.
A drop in the ocean?
Will be paying his 10k a week...why not stick ince in and who's to say both greer and dunk will be missing together?
Yes I'd prefer a patched up defense of our own players rather than spunking money up the wall for the sake of a few games.

That's your opinion and i differ

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He won a decent header...get him up front on his own doing the Ulloa job and he could be the answer to our midget infestation.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It might be an idea to wait 2 to 3 weeks before deciding the extent of Stockdales injury and whether he needed to be replaced.
There's a reason why, since we have been able to afford them, the club has always had 3 competent keepers.
I don't see why that should change now.

Quite why anyone would want to play Russian roulette with only 2 keepers, in our current situation, is beyond me.

Well Poyet didn't seem to mind in his first two seasons in charge, nor Slade before him. Poyet only brought in the other keeper towards the end of the first season (you may recall he had a nightmare vs Watford I think).

Why we'd want to waste a loan remains beyond me. What message does it send to Casper and the other Development Squad keeper? Alternatively sign Niemi on a short term deal.....

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Yep we won, I got it wrong.Lets hope they improve on that performance and step up again.Because any of the 16, 000 who were there last night, could not have said we deserved it. But hey ho, maybe we deserve a slice of luck. But luck won't see us climbing the table.Good to win last night but lets not kid ourselves, it wasn't great and it's just as well they were shocking in front of goal.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yep we won, I got it wrong.Lets hope they improve on that performance and step up again.Because any of the 16, 000 who were there last night, could not have said we deserved it. But hey ho, maybe we deserve a slice of luck. But luck won't see us climbing the table.Good to win last night but lets not kid ourselves, it wasn't great and it's just as well they were shocking in front of goal.
We have played much better and lost (or drawn) this season, I'll take the win and any luck coming our way.

Its a good news story!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

As always u at least turn up to admit you got something wrong :thumbsup:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
A drop in the ocean?
Will be paying his 10k a week...why not stick ince in and who's to say both greer and dunk will be missing together?
Yes I'd prefer a patched up defense of our own players rather than spunking money up the wall for the sake of a few games.

That's your opinion and i differ

Idiot alert!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here