Not open for further replies.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Mentally and emotionally fragile? I agree with you completely.
I never thought I would read grown men calling an 18 year and a 20 year old emotionally and fragile mentally.

They’ve had it bad this summer? They should try working in a hospital as do some of NSC’s finest, and come home exhausted after being exposed to a virulent disease, watching people die, on their own, without any friends or relatives holding their hands, and then see if they were mentally and emotionally fragile.

Totally worth quoting this post; really puts these idiots actions into perspective.

England are a mediocre side, with mediocre players and a manager who can only aspire to being mediocre. England aren't ever going to win anything - with or without this pair of idiots. So what's to lose? Draw the line and ban these two morons from playing for England for next 5 years.

Make an example out of them so other young, aspiring England players know the consequences of acting like classless, selfish idiots devoid of any morals.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Totally worth quoting this post; really puts these idiots actions into perspective.

England are a mediocre side, with mediocre players and a manager who can only aspire to being mediocre. England aren't ever going to win anything - with or without this pair of idiots. So what's to lose? Draw the line and ban these two morons from playing for England for next 5 years.

Make an example out of them so other young, aspiring England players know the consequences of acting like classless, selfish idiots devoid of any morals.
I'd go with that. Plus sack Southgate for being a pathetic wimp when he needed to stand up and be a man. I'd give Chris Hughton the job. We need someone with morals.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am sure the mother of Fodens child and his partner will be equally forgiving.

Judging by your average footballers' partner selection median phenotype, the Doris is probably blissfully unaware that the bony-faced poltroon was even away on an England trip, let alone that he likes to dangle his string bean into any available spicy dip.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Going back to the Grealish situation, my gut feeling is that Southgate just doesn't like his personality. Probably reminds him of Gascoigne and I can't see that Southgate got on with him when they were playing. Southgate would be the class prefect and Gascoigne the class clown who everyone likes!

Lee Hendrie was talking about this on talksport a couple of weeks ago. Said him and Southgate didn't get on at Villa because Hendrie wasn't dedicated enough.

https://talksport.com/football/7513...sh-england-snub-personal-aston-villa-hendrie/

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This squad was picked while Harry Maguire was IN JAIL, yet Southgate included him.

It was also the first squad announced since Kyle Walker broke lockdown rules by inviting two prostitutes round to his flat, since Jack Grealish broke them by going to a house-party, then crashing his car blind drunk on the way home, the first since Eric Dier was charged for climbing into the stands to confront a fan. Southgate included them all.

And is then surprised when discipline is an issue.

Pathetic.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Is anyone even remotely surprised that an England team managed by Gareth Southgate is so mediocre? He certainly didn't get the job based on any great coaching record, and England's tactical limitations hammer this home in almost every outing.

The FA suits wanted someone who wouldn't rock the boat and he has generally selected the same type of player - for example 'defenders' who are comfortable on the ball but can't actually defend. His squads are packed with followers rather than leaders. Only when there were no attacking midfield players left in the nation did he select Jack Grealish. No doubt he will be wondering how Maguire, Foden and Greenwood slipped through the net

Reaching the World Cup semi-final was largely a result of the better teams that England should have played in the knockout stages making an even worse mess of things than did the Three Lions. We didn't beat a higher-ranked team in the tournament. Sure, the media love him because he allows and encourages access to players and we fall for all that. But I have a feeling that when we look back at the Southgate years, the only people who will feel warmly towards him will be waistcoat manufacturers.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This squad was picked while Harry Maguire was IN JAIL, yet Southgate included him.

It was also the first squad announced since Kyle Walker broke lockdown rules by inviting two prostitutes round to his flat, since Jack Grealish broke them by going to a house-party, then crashing his car blind drunk on the way home, the first since Eric Dier was charged for climbing into the stands to confront a fan. Southgate included them all.

And is then surprised when discipline is an issue.

Pathetic.
Yes. It's really not complicated is it.

Make it obvious that even being in prison, breaking lockdown with prostitutes or getting shitfaced and crashing into a load of cars isn't a barrier to being picked for England and it's hardly surprising that other, younger squad members will think that banging Icelandic hookers is fair play.

Southgate is the Matt Hancock of football right now. But like him, he won't resign and will be backed by the morons who could sack him.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Very harsh criticism of young men with more cash than they know what to do with and more self confidence than they can handle. They'll make mistakes and they'll grow up when they have to face the criticism. It's always the same with young players breaking into the team, inevitably they do something silly and then learn from the consequences. It didn't do David Beckham any harm and Wayne Rooney's granny fetish was quickly stale news.

This is far too sensible for this forum, please delete.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This is far too sensible for this forum, please delete.
Except it's completely wrong as Wayne Rooney has cheated on his wife multiple times with hookers and other random birds who he met while pissed. Even getting done for drink driving while taking one home not that long ago.

The booze and fags also helped to prevent him becoming one of the best players in the world and robbed England of what could have been our best player of all time (and don't pull out the England goals stat because most of them were against utter dross).

He's hardly a shining example of how to grow up and behave FFS.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Except it's completely wrong as Wayne Rooney has cheated on his wife multiple times with hookers and other random birds who he met while pissed. Even getting done for drink driving while taking one home not that long ago.

The booze and fags also helped to prevent him becoming one of the best players in the world and robbed England of what could have been our best player of all time (and don't pull out the England goals stat because most of them were against utter dross).

He's hardly a shining example of how to grow up and behave FFS.

So should we write them both off?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I kind of agree. I'd make it for the entire domestic season though.

Thats never gonna happen. Absolutely no chance City and Utd would bin them off for the season for something that happened on England duty. Nor should they.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Thats never gonna happen. Absolutely no chance City and Utd would bin them off for the season for something that happened on England duty. Nor should they.

Oh no, sorry, should of made myself clearer..

I just meant International matches. Maybe give them a second chance via the U21's in the spring.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh no, sorry, should of made myself clearer..

I just meant International matches. Maybe give them a second chance via the U21's in the spring.

I don't really see the point of that tbh. They're clearly well above the level of the U21's now, and drafting them in to the U21 squad as "punishment" would hardly be motivating for them, or the other players involved that U21 squad.

Nah, I think they wave goodbye to any England duty for the rest of this calendar year. Revisit that decision next spring, when GS is picking his squad for the run-up to the Euros. No guarantees of them being picked either - they need to have an amazing season AND be squeaky clean throughout, or forget it.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I don't really see the point of that tbh. They're clearly well above the level of the U21's now, and drafting them in to the U21 squad as "punishment" would hardly be motivating for them, or the other players involved that U21 squad.

Nah, I think they wave goodbye to any England duty for the rest of this calendar year. Revisit that decision next spring, when GS is picking his squad for the run-up to the Euros. No guarantees of them being picked either - they need to have an amazing season AND be squeaky clean throughout, or forget it.

To be honest, they'll probably be in the next squad!

Southgate has already made it clear by his selections that off the field incidents won't effect your England career! :whistle:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
To be honest, they'll probably be in the next squad!

Southgate has already made it clear by his selections that off the field incidents won't effect your England career! :whistle:

Even though fishlips has shown some truly cretinous selections of late, I would be genuinely ASTOUNDED if he picks these two herberts again in his next squad. IMO that in itself would be a sackable offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here