Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Greenwood and foden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Got some proper saints on here haven’t we?!

Very young lads make mistake on tour together - not the first, won’t be the last. Some of the vitriol on here is way OTT.

Not really - it is ridiculous. They've been tested every day for 4 days in Iceland, Phil Foden would have seen what happened to Kyle Walker during lockdown and all players saw the grief Jack Grealish got. To then wonder why they're staying in a hotel and under very strict regime and still invite some girls to a hotel - which they paid for and then sneaked out their room is ridiculous. These aren't just young lads, they're highly paid professional sportsmen. This would not have been allowed in normal times during an England away game or even a club away game let alone during a pandemic where they are essentially in quarantine and being tested for a infectious disease which has been prevalent in everyones lives for 6 months now.

Southgate has lost respect with a lot of players I think, he's had something like 13 England players in some kind of trouble since he took the job which is stupid. Interestingly and this doesn't seem to be getting much press, but he was asked yesterday 'we understand you're going to play a back 3 against Denmark with Coady starting' and his response was something like 'well thats just another thing that seems to have leaked from this camp'

Southgate has some serious problems with this England set up IMO

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
1.The nation is in a state of Covid denial
2. Young footballers lots of money little sense
3. Fringe players see it as a fun weekend away from clubs
4. English FA must take responsibility for security both in and out of camp
5. I suspect they were also on the helium as Southgate said no one talks to me like that
6. It's to be expected I have been saying for weeks that social distancing is no longer being followed

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It’s that attitude that is probably a big part of the reason for the massive Covid spike around Europe. Being young does not make it OK to be selfish and irresponsible. Even more unforgivable for these two highly paid very young lads, given the circumstances, imo.

If covid-19 is such a massive issue that it forces people to either work or be locked up in their hotel rooms with zero freedom, then all unnecessary work (like playing meaningless continental football) should be abandoned.

That they earn a lot of money wont change that they want to have fun and live life, just like all the other many, many young men breaking covid rules.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I don't remember breaking a virus quarantine.

The FA need to ban them from all football for at least 2 weeks.

Were there many virus quarantines to break between your 18th and 21st birthdays...? ???

I'm not saying they shouldn't be punished, and your suggestion or indeed a bit more is sensible, but those above calling for 2-3 year bans etc. is Daily Mail style hang-em-and-flog-em nonsense.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If covid-19 is such a massive issue that it forces people to either work or be locked up in their hotel rooms with zero freedom, then all unnecessary work (like playing meaningless continental football) should be abandoned.

That they earn a lot of money wont change that they want to have fun and live life, just like all the other many, many young men breaking covid rules.

I’ll have you know that there are some fans to whom there is no such thing as a meaningless England game. Paging [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] :wink:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Got some proper saints on here haven’t we?!

Very young lads make mistake on tour together - not the first, won’t be the last. Some of the vitriol on here is way OTT.

Totally agree.

Of course they shouldn’t have done it and they will have to pay the consequences, but the court of public opinion is strong. We don’t need some of the nasty stuff I’ve read on here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It’s that attitude that is probably a big part of the reason for the massive Covid spike around Europe. Being young does not make it OK to be selfish and irresponsible. Even more unforgivable for these two highly paid very young lads, given the circumstances, imo.

I know you’re quoting Fareham seagull but these very young lads are old enough to marry, vote and serve in the armed forces.
They are adults!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Totally agree.

Of course they shouldn’t have done it and they will have to pay the consequences, but the court of public opinion is strong. We don’t need some of the nasty stuff I’ve read on here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The public flogging is almost punishment enough. Make them isolate for a couple of weeks, fine them a couple of weeks wages and move on.

It’s mind-bendingly stupid of them though. This is in no way comparable to them picking up a couple of girls on an away trip in normal circumstances.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I know you’re quoting Fareham seagull but these very young lads are old enough to marry, vote and serve in the armed forces.
They are adults!
That could be their punishment, 3 months in the army with no pay! That will teach them. [emoji3]

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Southgate should have been sacked for picking Maguire when he was in prison. He should also have been sacked for picking utter dogshit like Keane and Mings. He should have been sacked for playing the prostitute shagging, lockdown breaker Walker and he should have been sacked for being a shithouse manager.

So this latest incident doesn't really change anything. **** off Gareth, you're a clueless FA yes man who's never achieved anything as a manager.

I backed him to start with as he seemed like a decent bloke and talked the talk. "Players picked on merit etc". Complete bullshit. It's as if the players are in charge and he's scared to drop some of them, the wilted celery ****.

I support England, always have and always will. But there comes a time (Stevie Mac being the last time) where I'd prefer that we lost so that we can get rid of the **** in charge and get someone in who can make the quality players who we have actually play BETTER. Discipline the dickheads properly. Pick the best players in the country. You know, the stuff that a MANAGER is supposed to do.

This doesn't mean that I "don't support England" or I'm "not bothered". It's the complete opposite. I love England and having this simpering, Palace GIMP in charge makes me angry. He's shit.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
. "Players picked on merit etc". Complete bullshit. It's as if the players are in charge and he's scared to drop some of them, the wilted celery ****.

No LB picked because none have been good enough
Ings picked for form
Phillips picked for form
Greenwood picked for form
Ward prowse picked for form

In a squad of 23 or whatever, there will be some favourites....but im not sure you can accuse him of not selecting players in form. Its not like he is picking barkley, lingard, hart, shaw, loftus-cheek is it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No LB picked because none have been good enough
Ings picked for form
Phillips picked for form
Greenwood picked for form
Ward prowse picked for form

In a squad of 23 or whatever, there will be some favourites....but im not sure you can accuse him of not selecting players in form. Its not like he is picking barkley, lingard, hart, shaw, loftus-cheek is it.
Mings, Keane, Dier, Pickford..... have a word. The bloke's a clown who's totally out of his depth.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Very young lads? Laughable.

Yes, they are very young, 18 and 20 is very young. Half and a third of the age of most of the posters on here. Whether they can vote or marry is besides the point, those ages were set a long time ago and are not relevant to this debate. They are not fully matured yet and will make really stupid mistakes.

I'm 38 now but can remember thinking I knew it all at their ages and making stupid mistakes myself. Some of the most intelligent people I know who are now in very senior and important jobs made stupid mistakes at that age. Whatever anyone says, you are not fully formed at 18 and 20 and will make what seem like ridiculous decisions to the older generations.

The abuse they're getting here and from other social media and media generally is way OTT for what they've actually done. Teenagers and those in their early 20's worlds have been turned totally upside down by this pandemic at a very important and sensitive time of their live when they are mentally and emotionally fragile and I think they're generally getting an unfair rap at the moment.

Also, whilst I don't think Southgate has a clue about picking centre backs for his England squad, I think he's handled this very well. That is a guy with a mature and intelligent view of the world around him.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Also, whilst I don't think Southgate has a clue about picking centre backs for his England squad, I think he's handled this very well. That is a guy with a mature and intelligent view of the world around him.

Quality sarcasm there. Crodo would be proud.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The abuse they're getting here and from other social media and media generally is way OTT for what they've actually done. Teenagers and those in their early 20's worlds have been turned totally upside down by this pandemic at a very important and sensitive time of their live when they are mentally and emotionally fragile and I think they're generally getting an unfair rap at the moment.

Bloody hell, have I wandered onto Mumsnet ?

They are young adults who knew EXACTLY what they were doing. They made a conscious decision to go to the bother of hiring a hotel room on the snide, and scuttle a pair of slappers in there for a bit of hide the sausage. They get given everything, their every whim is catered for, their arses are wiped for them every step of the way. But it still wasn't enough - they still had to give the middle finger to their manager, their team mates and everyone else inside that protective covid bubble that was created for their safety and everyone elses.

Breathtaking arrogance. "Mentally and emotionally fragile" my right bollock.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Bloody hell, have I wandered onto Mumsnet ?

They are young adults who knew EXACTLY what they were doing. They made a conscious decision to go to the bother of hiring a hotel room on the snide, and scuttle a pair of slappers in there for a bit of hide the sausage. They get given everything, their every whim is catered for, their arses are wiped for them every step of the way. But it still wasn't enough - they still had to give the middle finger to their manager, their team mates and everyone else inside that protective covid bubble that was created for their safety and everyone elses.

Breathtaking arrogance. "Mentally and emotionally fragile" my right bollock.

Indeed.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Southgate should have been sacked for picking Maguire when he was in prison. He should also have been sacked for picking utter dogshit like Keane and Mings. He should have been sacked for playing the prostitute shagging, lockdown breaker Walker and he should have been sacked for being a shithouse manager.

So this latest incident doesn't really change anything. **** off Gareth, you're a clueless FA yes man who's never achieved anything as a manager.

I backed him to start with as he seemed like a decent bloke and talked the talk. "Players picked on merit etc". Complete bullshit. It's as if the players are in charge and he's scared to drop some of them, the wilted celery ****.

I support England, always have and always will. But there comes a time (Stevie Mac being the last time) where I'd prefer that we lost so that we can get rid of the **** in charge and get someone in who can make the quality players who we have actually play BETTER. Discipline the dickheads properly. Pick the best players in the country. You know, the stuff that a MANAGER is supposed to do.

This doesn't mean that I "don't support England" or I'm "not bothered". It's the complete opposite. I love England and having this simpering, Palace GIMP in charge makes me angry. He's shit.

Go on, tell us what you really think :lolol:

I completely agree with you by the way :thumbsup:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Sadly just two more morons wearing the National team shirt proclaiming how proud it makes them feel before going on to bring shame on the team. These clowns do nothing to heighten the perception of footballers and just play directly into the hands of those who see them as privileged playboys who are above the rules.

We have had the agent written PR bullshit and Southgate trying to act like he has control and authority whilst his selections take the piss out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here