Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great late goals from the Albion

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
As I'm a young one, Virgo and Bridcutt but on what it meant to me, Buckley against Donnie, one of the best days of my life and a memory that for me I will always keep.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Ken Beamish Rochdale A 1971-72, Fantastic away form in this season, and many late goals. 3 in the last 8 minutes at home to Torquay. Rotherham at home Beamish again from 20 yards. Brilliant

The Rotherham one came after about 7 mins of added time, and was the second to last home game of the promotion season. Made it 2-1. Without it automatic promotion would not have been in our hands, I was in the south west when Beamish broke free from the halfway line towards the north stand. He seem to hit it from much further out than 20 yards. The relief was enormous!

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Unless I haven't read these posts properly nobody has mentioned Dean Wilkins free kick in 90th min v Ipswich to send us into the play offs in 91?

Seagull Stew

I remember Mark Barham scoring a last minute equaliser in the early nineties. I'm not sure who it was against (Barnsley?), but we were going through a very rough patch and fans were still booing after the goal was scored.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Virgo without a doubt. Buckley coming second for the best last minuet goal in my lifetime.

el punal

Ken Beamish Rochdale A 1971-72, Fantastic away form in this season, and many late goals. 3 in the last 8 minutes at home to Torquay. Rotherham at home Beamish again from 20 yards. Brilliant

Yep! That's the one I remember most - Kenny hitting a screamer in injury time against Rotherham in front of 28,000+. I knew from that moment that we would get promoted.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was wondering unreal moment that was followed by a pitch invasion

Remind me, which team had already popped the champagne corks thinking they were in the playoffs before that goal? Barnsley springs into my head but not convincingly.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Remind me, which team had already popped the champagne corks thinking they were in the playoffs before that goal? Barnsley springs into my head but not convincingly.

Yes it was Barnsley. I have a good friend who is a season ticket holder there. He said some of the crowd cried when the news filtered in. They were on the pitch celebrating with the players and directors etc. So much for tough Yorkshiremen!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here