Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great late goals from the Albion

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Lee Steele vs Bristol City at withdean that pretty much secured the second division.....there were many fine moments of jubilation down on that running track!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Mentioned on another thread but Sidwell's two goals in two mins at 89 & 90 to get a point against Burnley.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Nathan Elder v Oldham at Boundary Park.

It wasn't the goal that made us go disco crazy, but FDM's celebrations, where he tried to jump into the crowd to join us and ended up getting into mini fisticuffs with their stewards.

Marvelous scenes.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
def 80's as I was there. and I didnt go until late 79/80

You must have imagined you were there then. It was 1978 (77/78 season). And it was against Sunderland, not Spurs.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Gary Williams at Sunderland in 1981

Absolutely crucial goal. Volleyed it in from a corner I think. We basically needed to score to stand any chance of staying up (which we did by beating Leeds in the final game of the season the following Saturday).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wasn't even there but I remember getting very excited when Leon Knight scored in injury time at Sheffield United.

Likewise a goal at Bradford, can't remember the scorer or the score though :rolleyes:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wasn't even there but I remember getting very excited when Leon Knight scored in injury time at Sheffield United

I thought he scored in injury time in the first half, and Mark McCammon scored the winner in added on time at the end? Leon Knight then pushed him over the hoardings when celebrating.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Navarro's at Leeds, while not up there with the ultimate goals at the start of this thread, was nonetheless highly amusing.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
17 year old Gary Stevens at Ipswich (c.1979/80)...

Also my first away game.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Robbie Reinelt anyone? I know it was on 77 minutes but it seemed like late in the game for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here