Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great late goals from the Albion

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Graham Cross V Ipswich in the league cup around 1976, We were 3rd div and Ipswich were 1st div and Cross scored with a couple of minute's to go to win the game 2-1, The north stand went mental.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
17 year old Gary Stevens at Ipswich (c.1979/80)...

Also my first away game.

Bit of a screamer I seem to recall. Didn't he then make a 'gesture' at Bobby Robson (who had previously rejected him as a youth player)?

My second away game!

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Not Brighton I know, but I am sure I remember Worthing scoring 4 goals in the last 5 minutes to win 4-3 at home to Epsom in about 1982. That was quite special.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Graham Pearce at LEEDS to secure a 3-2 win when we had thrown away a 2-0 lead. In the last minute a ball goes over the heads of the Leeds defence, and for some inexplicable reason Pearce is one on one against the keeper, and lobs him from 25 yards.

That was a great game and bloody cold too if I recall correctly. Although it was the last minute goal at the first game at the Amex topped off a wonderful day.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
He got the late goal 3 years ago, to put us top of the division where we stayed right through until May.

That's the one, versus Oldham into the roof of the net from 2 yards. I'd have loved to see him get another year with us.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Tottenham at home, April 1983. They were leading 1-0, and had a man advantage too after Ramsey had been dismissed. But then Galvin also got his marching orders, and in the most improbable of finishes Gatting scored an equaliser and super-sub Gerry Ryan scored a winner just before the end.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Eric Potts
against Sunderland two goals in the last three minutes to win the game 2-1 in 1978

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
I haven't looked to see if it's been mentioned yet, but I'd go with Lee Steele's injury time winner v Bristol City after they'd battered us for most of the game!

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Ken Beamish Rochdale A 1971-72, Fantastic away form in this season, and many late goals. 3 in the last 8 minutes at home to Torquay. Rotherham at home Beamish again from 20 yards. Brilliant

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Nathan Elder v Oldham at Boundary Park.

It wasn't the goal that made us go disco crazy, but FDM's celebrations, where he tried to jump into the crowd to join us and ended up getting into mini fisticuffs with their stewards.

Marvelous scenes.

And the fact that we played for around 80 minutes with 10 men after Hammond got sent off. I think the equaliser was our only shot on target. I was in the Oldham main stand with my brother in law and father in law who are both Oldham fans. I went mental when the goal went in and was informed by my in laws that I better go in the Brighton end the next season.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Bob McNicol with a late third goal at the Goldstone in 1961 to take the Champions of England Burnley back to Turf Moor for a fourth round replay, which we lost 2-0.
This goal very late in the game was a real special goal, as McNicol hit the ball from just over the half way line and it went like a bullet rising all the way to hit the top corner of the net.
I have never seen a goal like it again.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Ken Beamish Rochdale A 1971-72, Fantastic away form in this season, and many late goals. 3 in the last 8 minutes at home to Torquay. Rotherham at home Beamish again from 20 yards. Brilliant

Also Bertie Lutton late equaliser at cocky, table-topping Bournemouth (MacDougall/Boyer/John Bond mgr) the day after Torquay, and then Templeman from about 30 yards at Barnsley 3 days later.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Buckley v Leicester in 11-12 amazing game with 3 sending offs and their sub cracked. They played a 1-1-5 formation at the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here