Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Great game today

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd have taken 7 pts from this week all day long. We've been due a dodgy performance and with Stephens and Kayal out, shouldn't have come as a great surprise really. We still looked very solid.

7 days rest now, regroup for a couple of tough aways.

It was hard going. Tbh neither side looked like scoring. They seemed happy with the point they came for and with both Stephens and Kayal missing and players just returning to the starting 11 we lacked the guile to break them down. Still we remain 4 points clear and are unbeaten. That's positive and hopefully will have lua lua and the CM pair back playing V reading. Also hope Bong is ok

It wasn't guile that was missing. It was basic football skills (the ability to tackle and intercept, and pass accurately). Preston outclassed us in these crucial areas, throughout the match. And I'm ignoring the need for accurate shooting, which I guess has now become a percentage game in most players' minds. But 20 per cent of 1 is 0.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'd rather the team wasn't reliant on two players. .

Yesterday was poor but we've played badly for spells with Stephens and Kayal in the team earlier and had a couple of disappointing results (like yesterday) with those two in the team.
We've demonstrated easily that our squad has put us top of the league not merely the first 11 players and we aren't utterly reliant on those two.
- Lua Lua has been out for a month, was instrumental in our first 4 wins but the unbeaten run goes on. Have we missed him ?
- Zamora who secured us 6 points not 2 in the earlier part of the week was on the bench. He's a squad player.
- March has played his part in the last few weeks but isn't a first choice, yet was MOTM against Cardiff, scored against Leeds, had a good game v Bristol.
- Ince had a poor game yesterday, is a squad player, but has done well many times earlier this season coming on to secure leads in half a dozen games.
- Rosenior is now a first choice but didn't even start in our first 4-5 games.
- Greer has his detractors but he's again played a large role in the unprecedented first 11 games of the season, yet we have a £5m+ rated defender to come in and Goldson, if we need him, on the bench.
- Rosenior hasn't played their yet for us but played regularly in the Prem at left back so can fill in for Bong if needed.
- Crofts played his first 90 minutes yesterday for over a year in a Championship match so understandably was a bit groggy. But i'm sure he'll play a role later on this season.

Don't get me wrong Stephens/Kayal are terrific players. We missed them. If out for the entire season then who knows but lack of a squad ? As yet. It doesn't hold up.

NB: I guess its pretty likely Lua Lua, Greer, Kayal and Stephens will be back in contention for next week.

Last edited:

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
First chance to read NSC since game and I was expecting BARBER OUT, BLOOM OUT, JFC TO BLAME but on the whole reasoned and reasonable criticism of a team which had a bad game.

Who are you and what have you done with NSC???

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My hope was 5 points out of PNE Reading and Sheff Wed so we will have to win one of the away games to even it up. As a game this could have gone either way and either side could have won.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here