Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Great game today

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Two midfielders who haven't played together and have played hardly any minutes this season. Could've done better but a few people tipped us to lose this game. We didn't lose and we move on with players coming back in the next game.

I'd rather the team wasn't reliant on two players. What happens if one or both of Kayal/Stephens ends up out for the season? Sure, whoever comes in will get up to form but how many points might we drop in the meantime?

Of course, it could be the case that we're actually fine and today was just a bad day at the office but I am genuinely concerned at how much we seem to need two players to perform well.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I thought Preston were an honest, tough tackling team playing 5 at the back. I would not expect them to be relegated. They had a bit of style about them second half but created few chances. They were not cheats and there was no timewasting which makes a bit of a change. I hope they stay up.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well this is proving that most people only look at the score and not the pitch :)

Sorry Notters, I tend to agree with you on most things but, you're on your own with this one.

It was a very dull game on all levels. Boring would best sum it up, whichever way you slice it.

I'm not going to complain about it or the team though, all things considered :)

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
We were missing our 3 most creative and dynamic players today as well as our Captain.
No team in this league could replace Stephens and Kayal from their reserves.
Murphy is coming back from a 3 game break and Crofts from 2 major injuries.
Rosenior has been suffering and Bong played with an injury
We are still undefeated in a league where any team can beat any other team

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thought we were lucky to escape with a point. PNE a far better team than Bristol City and had the ref not blown up after 6 mins extra time having showed 8 minutes we may well have conceeded a goal with our 10 men.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
We were missing our 3 most creative and dynamic players today as well as our Captain.
No team in this league could replace Stephens and Kayal from their reserves.
Murphy is coming back from a 3 game break and Crofts from 2 major injuries.
Rosenior has been suffering and Bong played with an injury
We are still undefeated in a league where any team can beat any other team

Agree with all that.

Should also be noted that Preston did a very good job of stifling any creativity we may have mustered anyway. A five man defence, which they often were, is never going to be easy to break down at the best of times.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thought we were lucky to escape with a point. PNE a far better team than Bristol City and had the ref not blown up after 6 mins extra time having showed 8 minutes we may well have conceeded a goal with our 10 men.

Wrong. I started a stopwatch on my phone at kick off of the second half. He blew at 53.20.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nonsense. I checked the clock when the 4th official held up the board. It was 16.49. The whistle was blown on 16.57. I checked because I wanted us to keep the clean sheet, more than anything.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Most boring game I've been to this season by a long way. Absolutely nothing of note happened for us. Nothing to do with the score line, I've seen some very exciting 0-0s. This was a turgid affair.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One (ONE) shot on target.

I guess we can debate what constitutes a 'shot', but I presume your ONE is Murphy's low drive from the free kick. Without bothering to think too hard, Pickford made a tremendous save from a free kick whipped in from the left, that he somehow scooped over the bar.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
I thought Preston were an absolute shower of shite for 65 minutes [very pedestrian and lumbering].
However, we seemed to stop playing at this point and found ourselves under pressure for the last 25, and lucky to stay level.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On 89 mins when the board went up the clock on the scoreboard showed 1649 with 1 min to play 8 mins should mean finish at 1658. The clock showed 1656 when he blew up. That is how I watch it but I may have guessed Mr I am always right on everything; would have a stop watch that no normal supporter would bother with.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
On 89 mins when the board went up the clock on the scoreboard showed 1649 with 1 min to play 8 mins should mean finish at 1658. The clock showed 1656 when he blew up. That is how I watch it but I may have guessed Mr I am always right on everything; would have a stop watch that no normal supporter would bother with.
I can categorically state the clock was on16.57 as I was watching it rather than the match!
Why the insult to HKFC? I'm also saying that you're wrong.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I guess we can debate what constitutes a 'shot', but I presume your ONE is Murphy's low drive from the free kick. Without bothering to think too hard, Pickford made a tremendous save from a free kick whipped in from the left, that he somehow scooped over the bar.

I'm pretty sure that was a cross. But let's say it was a shot. That's a grand total of two shots.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

The clock on the scoreboard only shows whole minutes. 16:49.00 to 16:56.59, is (a second short of) 8 minutes. I hope this helps clear up your confusion.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can categorically state the clock was on16.57 as I was watching it rather than the match! 57Why the insult to HKFC? I'm also saying that you're wrong.

Because he assumes that he is always right on everything. If as you say it said 1657, which I dispute, as I looked up immediately, the 8 mins were stated at 1649 when the clock showed 89 mins gone so still I min normal time to take it to 1650 but none the less it doesnt detract from the fact that we were hanging on desperately with 10 men.

Pointless argument I was just glad he blew when he did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here