Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Great game today

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bong's free kick that the wall blocked, was a shot on target...

#clutchingatstraws

As the ball clearly didn't have enough ummpphhh to cross the line, had it cleared the wall, does it still count as a shot?

Oh and Bristol City were Barcelona compared to PNE, the Albion happened to make Preston look better.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought Preston were not the honest sportsmen some seem to be saying on here. They regularly went into challenges leading with their elbows, they were totally time wasting from the first half, slowly walking over for throw ins, the keeper delaying his kick outs as much as possible. They came for a draw.

I thought we started well, had quite a bit of control for the first third or so, but it just got worse from then on.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I thought it was a poor game, the 2nd half in particular was like winding the clock back to last season.
Let's hope it is just a blip.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Because he assumes that he is always right on everything. If as you say it said 1657, which I dispute, as I looked up immediately, the 8 mins were stated at 1649 when the clock showed 89 mins gone so still I min normal time to take it to 1650 but none the less it doesnt detract from the fact that we were hanging on desperately with 10 men.

Pointless argument I was just glad he blew when he did.

Pointless argument indeed, so why the barbed comments?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
On 89 mins when the board went up the clock on the scoreboard showed 1649 with 1 min to play 8 mins should mean finish at 1658. The clock showed 1656 when he blew up. That is how I watch it but I may have guessed Mr I am always right on everything; would have a stop watch that no normal supporter would bother with.

Agree with all of that - 8 minutes wasn't played. We assumed the referee was just putting everyone out of their misery.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought Preston were not the honest sportsmen some seem to be saying on here. They regularly went into challenges leading with their elbows, they were totally time wasting from the first half, slowly walking over for throw ins, the keeper delaying his kick outs as much as possible. They came for a draw.

I thought we started well, had quite a bit of control for the first third or so, but it just got worse from then on.

Yep, how I saw it.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
One (ONE) shot on target. At home.
Couldn't get hold of the ball in the centre of the park.
Wasted the ball when we did have it.
Little to no creativity.
Little to no pace.

It was a poor game to me and I watched the whole damn thing.

Just this, have heard we have played badly but still won or drawn for the last three games now, its going to catch us up. Today was a poor game for us, we're top of the league and should be looking to win our home games. Todays game would not have been out of place in Hyppia's reign. It had been summed up by this poster, but what was CH s strategy today? We have major shortcomings in our squad which will have to be addressed if we are serious about gaining promotion.

theboybilly

Nonsense. I checked the clock when the 4th official held up the board. It was 16.49. The whistle was blown on 16.57. I checked because I wanted us to keep the clean sheet, more than anything.

Correct. I looked up at the screen when the board went up at 16:49, and as you say the ref blew for time at 16:57. I was interested in how much of the game the early leavers had actually missed

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I thought it was a poor game, the 2nd half in particular was like winding the clock back to last season.
Let's hope it is just a blip.

Is there any team in any division that could take their two best players of the season out of central midfield and still deliver!?

It's an excuse, but it is a bloody real one I think.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Must say I agree with BG about the extra time but hey ho.

As everyone has basically said we missed Stephens and Kayal desperately to day, but in my opinion we also need a more consistent striker. Never even thought Baldock or Hemed would score today.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
We showed some flair first half and drew a couple of good saves from their keeper. 2nd half they were all over us, we were lucky to hold onto the draw. Crofts, poor; Ince, poor; Bong not great; Hemed/Zamora anonymous; Murphy iffy. Fortunately in front of goal they were poor too. Fairly dire performance overall, not going up at this rate! Bruno quality though - despite a couple of slips in the second half.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Shocking second half.

With 15 minutes to go, pre Bong's injury, I said I'd take a point, as we had lost the midfield, and certainly didn't look like scoring.

D

Deleted member 2719

One (ONE) shot on target. At home.
Couldn't get hold of the ball in the centre of the park.
Wasted the ball when we did have it.
Little to no creativity.
Little to no pace.

It was a poor game to me and I watched the whole damn thing.

This is how I saw it I expected to see us up it second half, we didn't it was a poor home performance.

1 shot on target really does paint the picture.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Fair enough if you prefer to watch a team time waste for the whole match rather than two teams knock it about on the deck. Each to their own.

Notters, the thing is that on Tuesday we watched one team time waste for 70-odd minutes whilst, at the same time we watched another team persist and fight and shoot and battle for 70-odd minutes.

Today, most of us anyway, watched a team amble to a draw whilst wasting possession, having no forward motion and generally being average.

I'd take Tuesday's team over today's every single bloody time.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Correct. I looked up at the screen when the board went up at 16:49, and as you say the ref blew for time at 16:57. I was interested in how much of the game the early leavers had actually missed

None of this matters, but when the (minimum of) 8 minutes added time board went up, only 89 minutes had been played. And when the referee blew his whistle, the clock said 16:56. Based on what you and [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] are saying, it must have flipped to 16:57 almost immediately, but I looked up at the South screen as the referee blew and I saw 16:56.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here