Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Grealish

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Probably the best English footballer in a decade. Majestic again tonight. Gazza without the personality disorder. Fact. :shrug:

Jack is a quite incredible, once in a generation, talent. His stats are incredible, the most fouled player in the league with nearly double the amount of fouls to the next player. Incredibly poor form from a West Ham backroom staff member calling him a diver and a cheat, pleased that Davy Moyes will be dealing with him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Probably the best English footballer in a decade. Majestic again tonight. Gazza without the personality disorder. Fact. :shrug:

I’m with you HWT, he is a special player and probably the non Albion player I enjoy watching the most.

He pissed me off when we played them but that’s his job. He does go down easily at times but he also gets kicked a hell of a lot too.

Enjoyed Villa losing last night mind you.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In a fine example of having zero self-awareness, Jack Grealish has called VAR "embarrassing".

Take a look at yourself, Jack.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Trevor Sinclair just said on Talksh*të that Grealish deliberately goes to ground easily because if he didn't he'd get hurt from all the fouls.
I hate hearing ex-professionals/professionals sincerely giving various flimsy excuses for cheating.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Utter ****ing gash :mad:

can see he gets caught.

Problem is , refs give everything now and its in the players interests to exaggerate everything. Blame Grealish yeah but games become so soft which doesn't help. Just makes it easy for the players to cheat and exaggerate everything. If you don't then refs sometimes miss what are essentially fouls.

It all started in the 90s when each major tournament the refs were given new instructions to clamp down on things. Yellows for new things etc. It created diving and cheating and the games too far gone to address it.

Retrospective bans for diving would help but look at VAR. That causes so many divisions and perceptions that in practice it could never work to implement.

The British game was one of the last to really have diving issues but its now caught up and up there with any league.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Just in conversation with other people, he seems to be almost universally detested except by Villa fans.

If you're curious enough do a Twitter search for "Grealish". It's just people ripping him to shreds for that dive and a few idiot Villa fans defending him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here