Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Grealish to City 100m

Stumpy Tim

Hmm....

First goal (v Tunisia): John Stones' header from Ashley Young's corner is brilliantly saved and Kane taps in from three yards out.

Second goal (v Tunisia): Kieran Trippier's corner is flicked on by Harry Maguire and Kane heads in from three yards out.

Third goal (v Panama): From the penalty spot, high into the left-hand corner.

Fourth goal (v Panama): Deja vu. From the penalty spot again, into the same corner.

Fifth goal (v Panama): Kane's only goal from open play. Ruben Loftus-Cheek's low strike deflects off his heel and sails into the net.

Sixth goal (v Colombia): Another from the penalty spot, straight down the middle.

I suppose Lineker was shit in 1986 too, given his were largely tap-ins and penalties too? Do only certain goals count?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Can only conclude the weirdos on this thread bashing game are overreacting because of his recent England form OR closet Arsenal fans OR both.

Sad for English football if these transfers happen by the way, just killing all opposition so they can be lauded for the inevitable quadruple that they will eventually win after chucking a couple of billion at it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Only weirdos on here are those that confuse "I don't think he's world class" (possibly yet) with "he's shit" as if that's the only opinion one can have.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Bit like White & Arsenal except Villa have come out with a much more publicised Sky Sports denial rather than Owen's Argus denial. They (the media) REALLY DO MAKE THIS transfer story SHIT UP.

Sky Sports News has hours of time to fill, with no rights to Euros coverage, in the close season.

Of COURSE it is going to spend its time drip-feeding nonsense transfer rumours to kill time. I watched a clip of the fella talking about the White to Arsenal 'DONE DEAL'. He took over a minute to say what could be said in about 15 seconds. He pretty much repeated himself three times :lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So...
Ederson
Walker Stones Dias Zincenko
Rodri
Gundogen De Brune
Foden Grealish
Kane...
With the likes of Mahrez and Silva on the bench.

Jesus wept.

Is that because he couldn't get in the starting XI?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57610746

"Villa have already made their mark in the transfer market this summer by signing Emiliano Buendia from Norwich City in a club record £33m deal while they have also had a £25m offer for Arsenal's Emile Smith-Rowe turned down.

And Villa's ambitious owners Nassef Sawaris and Wes Edens have made these moves on the basis of Grealish staying at Villa Park.

Villa finished 11th in a much-improved campaign last season after only surviving relegation on the final day the year before and regard Grealish as the key component in their plans to move forward into contention for European football.

They are determined to put together an attractive package to keep Grealish - although it looks like City will attempt to test that resolve".

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
This'll be the Harry Kane who is on his way to breaking both the PL scoring record and the England one? Yeah proper shit the bloke :ffsparr:
Can't wait in this country to jump on our few stars and slaughter them. Imagine not scoring in three games for a team that's only scored two goals in the tournament? Rubbish the bloke must be, coz some of his pens 3 years ago were against crap teams and the ball went down the middle? Must be useless then.

If someone goes one on one with the German keeper Tuesday night I know who I hope it is...

Depends how you define World Class. Was Alan Shearer ever world class? in terms of technical ability probably not, in terms of putting the ball in the net, one of the greatest, in premiership terms THE greatest. Then again Andy Cole scored hatfuls of goals but football ability wise, he was a bit of a donkey....

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Depends how you define World Class. Was Alan Shearer ever world class? in terms of technical ability probably not, in terms of putting the ball in the net, one of the greatest, in premiership terms THE greatest. Then again Andy Cole scored hatfuls of goals but football ability wise, he was a bit of a donkey....

World Class is a bit like the big club argument, very much in the eye of the beholder. For me he is topping the goalscoring charts in the PL year after year for a team a long way short of the best. Making a lot of chances for others at Spurs and scoring a lot of goals for England. Not sure what else he could do? Does he get in most of the big teams in the world? Yes he does = world class.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Subjective and debatable yes, I said bang average, with tongue in cheek, He is top drawer at scoring in the PL, but in the world, I don't think he is.

so if he went to Barca or Juventus he wouldn't get goals?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Kane is world class. Its beyond argument. Name even 3 better strikers in world football...
He will score 40 goals a season if he goes to City. At least.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm sure he would, but I don't think he'd be as prolific, he's very English, I don't think he's that sophisticated a player.

Again I disagree.

As with Grealish, the attitude of some seems to be very blue-and-white spectacle-tinted. Neither of them are on a par with Scot McGleish in terms of 'pass me my voodoo doll and some pins please'.

A clever and elegant player with a great deal to his game, but prone to unpredictable dry spells that, if he is having one now, will set him up nicely as the post-Euros scape goat.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57610746

"Villa have already made their mark in the transfer market this summer by signing Emiliano Buendia from Norwich City in a club record £33m deal while they have also had a £25m offer for Arsenal's Emile Smith-Rowe turned down.

And Villa's ambitious owners Nassef Sawaris and Wes Edens have made these moves on the basis of Grealish staying at Villa Park.

Villa finished 11th in a much-improved campaign last season after only surviving relegation on the final day the year before and regard Grealish as the key component in their plans to move forward into contention for European football.

They are determined to put together an attractive package to keep Grealish - although it looks like City will attempt to test that resolve".

And were quoted as saying "Sod FFP, we can always borrow as much as we want and don't give a shit about the consequences"

Last edited:

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
These transfer fees are insane, yes he is good, but he is hardly one of the greats. Sure he is great at being awarded free kicks and penalties, even better when there is no contact, but 100 million pounds ffs this is getting ridiculous. I remember when Trevor Francis went for 1 million and we thought that was nuts. I looked up a couple of inflation calculators which puts TF fee at about 4.7m/5.4m in today's money.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here