Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Grealish to City 100m

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
200m is a drop in the ocean for them

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

But they still need to meet FFP obligations. Its not as if they have sold anyone to have any transfer income.

Aguero etc. has gone to get off the wage bill, but would expect Kane and Grealish to be on similar if not higher wages

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Bit like White & Arsenal except Villa have come out with a much more publicised Sky Sports denial rather than Owen's Argus denial. They (the media) REALLY DO MAKE THIS transfer story SHIT UP.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think Kane is turning into the new ZAHA, rumbled, bang average. In top 6 PL terms. Never been any interest from abroad.

Hmmm....bang average you say?

bang average.PNG

I have no time for Spuds, but Kane is an exceptional talent, with overall contribution matching his goals.

However....he can take the first 10 games of a season to get going. In an International compo you don't have 10 games so the manager needs to be super cute and work out where Kane is in his 'cycle' of competence.

Unfortunately I suspect that although Southgit has been advised about this (and everything) he's gambling that Kane's current barren and anonymous phase will abruptly end. I am not sure I'd have the courage to drop him for Calvert-Lewin (the obvious change) myself, if I were manager, to be honest. But that's what may be needed and if we tumble out to the Germans, 0-0 and 6-5 on penalties, the die of doom will have been cast.

Edit: the number of times I have had to correct 'competance' in something I have written is worrying :lolol:

Last edited:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
It would be good for Grealish's career to be coached by Guardiola rather than Smith but I don't think he'll move. If Villa offer him huge wages to stay I think he will, he seems more likely to be a one club man like Le Tiss to me.

And Kane looks like a world class striker in the Premier League but looks far off it at Euros and World Cups..

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
but how would we block these out? We may say players can't go.off for medicals etc but we can't really stop the players representatives and clubs speaking which is ultimately where transfers are agreed. Probably a little phone call the the player after training by the agent just to say "it's going well".

Not much England can do other than politely ask clubs to not announce things until after we are knocked out.

Note- you can tell I'm in full England mode when I say "we" :lolol:

I appreciate it’s probably a very hard thing, if not impossible for Southgate and his team to block this stuff out.

But it surely can’t help players mindsets to be involved in various transfer negotiations whilst we’re trying to prepare to go deep in a tournament.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Villa have a very rich owner - I suspect they could offer him an improved contract around £150 k per wk to stay . His agent will of course be pushing him hard to move because he will have won the lottery if he can get the move done . Agent would earn between £5- 10 million !

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
They'll need to buy a second team in case we kick them off the park before next season's Champions League final as well.

I know that's true because I read it on their forum.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Your surprised ?
It has been for years, just an elite few clubs and the rest scrambling around for respectability and survival, living off the odd giant killing or good cup run, even those are dominated by the elite to be honest.

That is why everyone rooted for Leicester, but forget they are bank rolled better than the likes of Arsenal and possibly Tottenham at the moment.

yes but they still do sensible business signing good players who get better.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Hmmm....bang average you say?

View attachment 137983

I have no time for Spuds, but Kane is an exceptional talent, with overall contribution matching his goals.

However....he can take the first 10 games of a season to get going. In an International compo you don't have 10 games so the manager needs to be super cute and work out where Kane is in his 'cycle' of competence.

Unfortunately I suspect that although Southgit has been advised about this (and everything) he's gambling that Kane's current barren and anonymous phase will abruptly end. I am not sure I'd have the courage to drop him for Calvert-Lewin (the obvious change) myself, if I were manager, to be honest. But that's what may be needed and if we tumble out to the Germans, 0-0 and 6-5 on penalties, the die of doom will have been cast.

Edit: the number of times I have had to correct 'competance' in something I have written is worrying :lolol:

I'm no fan, less so after watching him against the Albion. His biggest Asset is Son and his biggest talent is being a bit of a bully/cheat. he does have a shot on him though, and as undisputed top dog at Spuds he's done well. 30 odd penalties hes nailed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Villa have a very rich owner - I suspect they could offer him an improved contract around £150 k per wk to stay . His agent will of course be pushing him hard to move because he will have won the lottery if he can get the move done . Agent would earn between £5- 10 million !

I can see him staying if the deal is close to what he'd get at City, the guy is Villa through and through, and to me that is a fecking admirable trait in the CJTC

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Apart from that slight blip in 2018 when he won the World Cup Golden Boot :dunce:

Hmm....

First goal (v Tunisia): John Stones' header from Ashley Young's corner is brilliantly saved and Kane taps in from three yards out.

Second goal (v Tunisia): Kieran Trippier's corner is flicked on by Harry Maguire and Kane heads in from three yards out.

Third goal (v Panama): From the penalty spot, high into the left-hand corner.

Fourth goal (v Panama): Deja vu. From the penalty spot again, into the same corner.

Fifth goal (v Panama): Kane's only goal from open play. Ruben Loftus-Cheek's low strike deflects off his heel and sails into the net.

Sixth goal (v Colombia): Another from the penalty spot, straight down the middle.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good ol' Golden Socks. Sincerely hope he blasts his penalty over the bar on Tuesday :lol:

No England fan let alone Albion fan gives a flying feck what you hope for when England ae playing, you bitter Sweatie :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here