Grant Hall "On His Way"

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I just hope that Hall hasnt played his hand wrong here.

If he is forced to return to BHA then he might be seen unfavourably be the club, it happens.

However I would be absolutely stunned if his advisor's allowed him to start a mini dispute with the club, without having guarantee's that he had a deal on the table at Spurs or another.

I wish Hall well whatever happens though and if there was genuine interest by Spurs who can blame him for taking it.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Hope the open door works, although a club of Spurs wealth could easily take a punt. I imagine most their development players sell at a price if they don't work out

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hope the open door works, although a club of Spurs wealth could easily take a punt. I imagine most their development players sell at a price if they don't work out

I think we got Yasir Kasim free when he was released by Spurs.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I just hope that Hall hasnt played his hand wrong here.

If he is forced to return to BHA then he might be seen unfavourably be the club, it happens.

However I would be absolutely stunned if his advisor's allowed him to start a mini dispute with the club, without having guarantee's that he had a deal on the table at Spurs or another.

I wish Hall well whatever happens though and if there was genuine interest by Spurs who can blame him for taking it.

Surely Spurs legend Gus Poyet will not alienate Grant Hall for having a trial at Spurs. Gus has always said he would not stand in the way of players trying to move up the footballing hierarchy, so he should not have an issue with this.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
No he's right. We released him and re-signed him.

I'm pretty sure he was released twice - once when he was very young, only to be given a second chance, then again after YTS before returning after the spell at Lewes.

It's hardly surprising that he's had his head turned - not just because of the amazing opportunity, but the club hasn't shown a huge amount of faith in him in the past...

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Unless spurs plan to loan him out or give him game time in cups I think this will be a backwards career step. That's unless they are offering him silly money.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What? They spent £6M last season and came 4th!

Already have a £200m squad that cost (despite only ever having one year's CL money), and this Summer splashing the borrowed cash on

Sigurdsson £8m
Vertongen £10m
Adebayor £5m

Trying to get Oscar or Moutinho for £25m, but those players are seemingly choosing big clubs.

Spurs now breaking their famous wage structure for the first time, in bid to oust one of the others from CL.

With this, it is difficult to see how Hall would get a look in.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Already have a £200m squad that cost (despite only ever having one year's CL money), and this Summer splashing the borrowed cash on

Sigurdsson £8m
Vertongen £10m
Adebayor £5m

Trying to get Oscar or Moutinho for £25m, but those players are seemingly choosing big clubs.

Spurs now breaking their famous wage structure for the first time, in bid to oust one of the others from CL.

Yes, surely he would have MUCH more chance to break into the 1st team more regularly at the Albion... still a preference for Spurs is understandable...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'm pretty sure he was released twice - once when he was very young, only to be given a second chance, then again after YTS before returning after the spell at Lewes.

It's hardly surprising that he's had his head turned - not just because of the amazing opportunity, but the club hasn't shown a huge amount of faith in him in the past...

Agreed. And it might have been better if we had offered him a new contract earlier, rather than allow his current one to run out or almost lapse, before taking this step.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Sigurdsson £8m
Vertongen £10m
Adebayor £5m

Doubt he cares

£££ + will have the best training facilities in the world now.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Let the jumped up little shit Rot on some premiership bench!

He will be playing conference football within 3 years

Lovely... I bet you're a JCL.

At the end of the day he's doing what he thinks is best for himself and his future career as we ALL would if we were in the same situation.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Lovely... I bet you're a JCL.

At the end of the day he's doing what he thinks is best for himself and his future career as we ALL would if we were in the same situation.

What's a JCL?

I have actually changed my view and agree that he should go, if he thinks he is good enough, go!

Good luck to him

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
What's a JCL?

I have actually changed my view and agree that he should go, if he thinks he is good enough, go!

Good luck to him

He's looking at all the options open to him, doesn't mean he doesn't want to stay.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
As one Hall closes another Hall opens..................................didn't someone on here the other day say that we are signing "One Size" Fitz Hall?

another rumour bubble burst

one size is on his way to Watford apparently

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Training facilities and the wage, but he won't get to play the game he loves. Back of the queue.
Will be 21 later this year, and the playing years will pass him by like Bostock, Kakuta.

Back of the queue like he is with us.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
“[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: Grant Hall on verge of having move to Spurs confirmed. Full story in tomorrow's Argus. #bhafc”

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
“[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: Grant Hall on verge of having move to Spurs confirmed. Full story in tomorrow's Argus. #bhafc”
Lets hope we go in with a Crystal Palace type valuation for the tribunal......$$$

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Disappointing but not unexpected fair play to the lad but I hope we can try and tie down promising youngsters to long contracts in the future. I guess he wasnt going to get any first team action in the near future so if he was going to sit in a DS squad it may as well (from his perspective) be in Tottenhams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports