Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grant Hall "On His Way"

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
If Dan Harding was worth £800k or thereabouts in compo, I would hope we would get a bit more than £200k for Hall!
Amongst other things, compo will be based on the contract offered to Hall.

We won't get anywhere close to 200k for him. Good luck to him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Grant would be better suited if not the Albion, going to somewhere like Norwich or Swansea. He'll still be rich, but will have a chance of playing.

Surely he has more chance with us than those 2, and he's not had a chance. Can't understand how bitter some people on here are. If it was Lewis Dunk would we be saying the same ?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Ungrateful? We released him when he was younger, and he's barely been around the first team!

Eh? You've got the wrong player mate.

We offered him a decent deal and he refused to sign and that despite Gus giving him his first chance last year as a 19 year old.

JFC didn't walk away did he?

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield

We offered him a decent deal and he refused to sign and that despite Gus giving him his first chance last year as a 19 year old.

No he's right. We released him and re-signed him.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I'll get my coat then! :facepalm:

It says on there "Former Brighton player". Has he definitley left the club? I assume that means his contract has expired. Is there still an offer on the table?

His existing contract has expired, he hasn't been training with us. I assume he has signed for them but it's slipped under everyone's radar.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Tweet from Andy Naylor
Hall played for Tottenham's academy team. No deal agreed with Albion, although they say door still open to him. #bhafc

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Tweet from Andy Naylor
Hall played for Tottenham's academy team. No deal agreed with Albion, although they say door still open to him. #bhafc

I wish he'd opt to stay with us. A very good player in my view.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Can't blame him... time to max the compo we get from Spurs...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

No, the club released Grant Hall when he finished his YTS, went to Lewes, and then we re-signed him.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | B | Brighton | Brighton snap up Lewes youngster

JFC has had a lot more games and first time exposure than Hall, who unfortunately is probably 5th or 6th choice for a CB slot.

Dec 29, 2011
This.

Grant Hall will not play in CL or PL games.
Spurs have fallen into the Chelski method of spending big for every position.

How do you know? Bet you've never seen him play apart from vs. So'ton and maybe Wrexham.

In two years time Spurs will sell him to either Bournemouth or Swindon Town FC

Again, your basing this on not much.

I'm not claiming he will play PL and CL, i'm just saying people on here shouldn't make statements like they're facts when they've probably seen the player for about 120 minutes max.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Again, your basing this on not much.

I'm not claiming he will play PL and CL, i'm just saying people on here shouldn't make statements like they're facts when they've probably seen the player for about 120 minutes max.
Why not? Posters contribute opinions on far less evidence.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hall played last night as a triallist which is perfectly okay as he is out of contract.
However, before he can sign for Spurs they will either have to come to the table and agree age-related compo with Albion because we had offered Hall a deal (on improved terms I believe although technically they only had to be "no worse"). The alternative is to just sign him and go to a tribunal.
Given the sums involved it wouldn't be an issue for Spurs to go straight to tribunal and "risk" whatever fee they agree but for goodwill most clubs these days try to do a sensible deal so I expect some (probably very brief) talks between the clubs before he signs for Spurs. Doubtless we will never hear what the compensation is but it's unlikely to be much and a sell-on fee is probably what we would be hoping to get as a priority.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here