Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter to remain at Brighton...even if they get relegated

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Someone needs to explain the Boots Theory of Economics to Bloom and the recruitment department. It applies to strikers as well.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not really, I honestly thought the last two games might be the tipping point but then was told by someone at the club as stated in the column that's GP's job is safe regardless of relegation, as TB has a long term vision of which GP is a huge part.

So. you've had a direct quote from the club?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Does Ian Hart know any more than any of us, or is it just his opinion?

Not really, I honestly thought the last two games might be the tipping point but then was told by someone at the club as stated in the column that's GP's job is safe regardless of relegation, as TB has a long term vision of which GP is a huge part.

Tony Bloom, Barber, and Ashworth have all alluded to the Potter long term plan publicly over last season and this, a number of times. Isn’t your “source at the club” merely re-iterating a standard and public line from the board members?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Hughton was also meant to be here for the long term, second season notoriously the hardest for the promoted sides and he wasn’t given the luxury of another crack at it :shrug:

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Bland, dull, uninspiring (for players and fans alike), naive, soft manager. If the board think we’ll go straight back up if we go down their even more naive than Potter’s management. The team play nice football and we missed 2 open goals on Sunday. Just don’t think he’s able to change this. Oh and stop picking Jahanbaksh. Waste of everyone’s time.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Good move by the board. I don't think we'll get relegated so it won't happen anyway but provides certainty and stability.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Bland, dull, uninspiring (for players and fans alike), naive, soft manager. If the board think we’ll go straight back up if we go down their even more naive than Potter’s management. The team play nice football and we missed 2 open goals on Sunday. Just don’t think he’s able to change this. Oh and stop picking Jahanbaksh. Waste of everyone’s time.

Whilst I might disagree politely about Jahanabaksh, you cant accuse GP of keep picking him- he barely ever starts and usually gets 10 mins or so.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There’s my best Xmas present sorted :bowdown:

I am 100% Team Potter

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Well that’s ruined my Christmas.

I guess the long term strategy is to get relegated, hmmmmmm ... interesting way of demonstrating progress... unless this top 10 ‘aim’ was within the championship.

It’s a bit of a rubbish master plan.

Oh well ... here we come Luton! Oh joy ... Yey!

Unless we make a big signing up front we are so there it hurts.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Bland, dull, uninspiring (for players and fans alike), naive, soft manager. If the board think we’ll go straight back up if we go down their even more naive than Potter’s management. The team play nice football and we missed 2 open goals on Sunday.

Is it Potters fault that we missed 2 open goals?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
The thing that is so damn frustrating about watching the lads play at the moment is that any attacking movement is slowed
down to a snail's pace after being in a really good position. I'm not sure how you change that in training, but my God
it does my head in. Who do I blame for that? I'm not sure.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
The thing that is so damn frustrating about watching the lads play at the moment is that any attacking movement is slowed
down to a snail's pace after being in a really good position. I'm not sure how you change that in training, but my God
it does my head in. Who do I blame for that? I'm not sure.

Confidence, belief, ability, faith in the system, faith in each other, coaching (yes) and man management.

All contributing factors, as are chance and luck - as ever.

The players need to shoulder some of the blame too... all these factors however, illustrate why we’re in trouble... GP is paid to find the answers ... hey ho.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Confidence, belief, ability, faith in the system, faith in each other, coaching (yes) and man management.

All contributing factors, as are chance and luck - as ever.

The players need to shoulder some of the blame too... all these factors however, illustrate why we’re in trouble... GP is paid to find the answers ... hey ho.

I agree. But West Brom managed it. Sheff Utd managed it. Fulham are managing it. It's utterly bizarre we can't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here