Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter to remain at Brighton...even if they get relegated

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I agree BUT.. we are still creating plenty of chances and that's the dilemma. New manager, new ways and rebuilding to their way of playing. Managers need time.
If I can put in context Kane has missed a fair few easy chances lately it happens, yes we create a few chances but and this is the but we never create real havoc in opposition box. We haven’t sadly got a Knocky type twisting defenders inside out and banging one in the corner, we are so predictable and easy to play against.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'll take all that with a pinch of salt. I want him to stay, but that doesn't mean that he WILL – regardless of how 'long-term' the project is. If he got head-hunted (imagine a big upturn in results) and left, then Potterball would be over too. Clearly the board will be keeping their options open and always having a shortlist of replacements to hand.

And what's with the bizzare switch to SPOTY towards the end? And banging on about how it should've gone to someone who didn't even want to be nominated for it?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
For goodness sake. So dramatic

Like no other team has not managed to break down 10 men before. Do you now see how you were overreacting? [emoji6]

(In fairness you weren’t the only one. The reaction from most of NSC was ridiculous).

Forget the 10-man thing, on current form Sheffield United are the worst team in Premier League history.

And we couldn't beat them, at home. It was ruddy shocking.

No hyperbole. It's up there (down there) with 0-0 with Darlington at Gillingham, when Carl Shutt had to go in goal.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It is also hard to get behind the team from behind a tv screen or laptop, what could we do to let them know we support them and are behind them ?

OR: What way is there to show frustration at seeing the same disappointing end product week after week, when you can't do so at the matches? Rants online, that's what.

For the record, it does not help when the manager scolds fans by saying "Brighton can't expect to win every game" (paraphrased) when we barely win any frigging matches.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m slowly, gradually calming down since the DEBACLE of Sunday - one of the most disappointing results for YEARS imo.

I get that the club is building for the future, of course. It’s doing things the ‘right away’.

But, by God, it’s a bad time for our football club to demand patience and faith when so much else in our lives is on hold.

With travel, gigs and gatherings with family and friends all off the table, following the Albion is one of precious few pleasures remaining - or should be.

From the Groundhog Day, not-quite-there performances and dour post-match interviews, to shitty VAR and fan-free stadiums, to the (imo) ill-considered ticket lotteries*, there is literally NO JOY in following the Albion right now.

I’m off to write a letter to Santa, for a striker obviously.

* I’m not fussed about going, but I’d like to take my boys. Moot point now anyway

I feel your pain. I felt exactly the same after the game, but fortunately in my case it lasted only for a few minutes. I expect it's my age.

I hope you have a lovely time with family over the Crimbo. Take care :thumbsup:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Forget the 10-man thing, on current form Sheffield United are the worst team in Premier League history.

No hyperbole. It's up there (down there) with 0-0 with Darlington at Gillingham, when Carl Shutt had to go in goal.

http://wearebrighton.com/albionfeatures/brightons-worst-ever-performance-the-nominations/

Incredible! He wasn't really 5'6 was he?!

A bit like the boxer who dislocated his shoulder and only had one working arm winning his fight by KO!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Was that the one where 57 year old Marco Gabbiadini scored four goals against us? I was at that one. It was a cracker :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Potter would appear to be incapable of injecting any kind of fire or passion into the team. Quite the opposite. He's clearly sucking life out of it. Maybe if we DO have to be lumbered with him for financial reasons all these seasons going forward, TB could at least on Potter swapping roles with Billy Reid?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
And what's with the bizzare switch to SPOTY towards the end? And banging on about how it should've gone to someone who didn't even want to be nominated for it?

Thought the same. Fairly thinly veiled bigotry that.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
It is appreciated that Fury has overcome mental health issues and that is much to his credit.

But mental health issues or not, his homophobic and misogyonistic comments are totally inexcusable, and I'm surprised and disappointed that you are flying the flag for him.

Someone with his views and opinions will only inspire others that share his outlook on women and the LGBT+ community. And, if you think about that, it really isn't a good thing is it?

Couldn't agree more, the man has AWFUL opinions and it's just shrugged off? Like what? The bloke thinks being gay should be illegal and transgender people are on the same level as paedophiles, as well as lying about donating his Wilder purse to charity (didn't happen). The guy is a total dickhead. Yet, one purposely maliciously spun story on Anthony Joshua when reading a speech at a rally is enough to write him off entirely. Wonder why...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here