[Football] Graham Potter - ruthless

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
And that's why our fans should be ruthless towards him when he comes back, we don't owe him shit anymore.

We won't need much of a team talk that day.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Todd would have said 'I'm rich, who do you want to bring...I'll triple their salaries'. I do hope we stuff them this year.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
It feels like he has taken the coaching team so none of his ‘methods’ can be passed to the successor.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What is funny is how butt hurt Potter was by it, there are boos at the end of many games when fans are not happy, he will hear it at Chelsea.

Yes he doesn't like it up him. Think that will be his down full he sulks at criticism and he'll get plenty up there.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Mate. You need to wind your neck in for a bit. No one needs your smart arse point scoring right now. Real Brighton fans are hurting. Let us grieve in our own ways before you start telling us how to feel and behave.

Real Brighton? Is that the new entity?

I'm hurting as well, and you're telling me how to feel and behave. No reason I couldn't.

As with Maupay, Burn, March, Webster, Dunk and every other individual sentiments of NSC decided to pour shit at through the years, I'm as usual going to stick up for those who have put down hard work in the club through the years. It is shambolic that some label eg Bruno as a villain (just because he wants to go and win titles, just like every single member of the playing squad would want to) when he's worked his arse off for the club for 10 years.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
One of the galling facets to all this, is those lovey-dovey interviews from Potter, in recent times, that we've all been fawning over. How much he loves the club, the city, the faith shown in him by TB and the chance to build a successful team 'the right way'.
It all has a very hollow ring about it, now, and is not different to a politician saying what the public want to hear, whilst having zero intention of following through as soon as the till opens.
I thought far, far better of him - now? Meh. Same ol', same ol'.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

I'm hurting as well, and you're telling me how to feel and behave. No reason I couldn't.

As with Maupay, Burn, March, Webster, Dunk and every other individual sentiments of NSC decided to pour shit at through the years, I'm as usual going to stick up for those who have put down hard work in the club through the years. It is shambolic that some label eg Bruno as a villain (just because he wants to go and win titles, just like every single member of the playing squad would want to) when he's worked his arse off for the club for 10 years.

QED. You just don't get it.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
As GP said after the game, there will be many games where there would be good reason to boo them but that wasn't one.

But yeah no doubt they'll boo in Chelsea as well. Cultural trait.

If you take the game in isolation. During a game, I rarely groan at the first missed chance, or the second, but after the 6th or 7th it gets hard to take, now imagine you have not won for 8 games but bossed the last 3 home games and drawn them all. Human nature.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Just shut the **** up

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Just f''k off you fake Swedish tw.at!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
From one of the most highly rated coaches in the game to Crofty, some geezer called Shannon and Lallana, although his back’s giving him a bit of jip at the minute so he may not be able to make it.
B*gger.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Yes, well… anyway.

This is a sound test of the TB/PB succession plan. If we can soldier on, maintain the same style the club has based itself on, find the right coaches …. I trust that they aren’t panicking and neither should we. I believe it would have been expected, planned for, risk-assessed like any business model. Trust Tony.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I can’t help feeling some are over reacting, Dyche has had a higher finish in the PL than Potter. A handful of home wins yes gives it a go against the big boys has struggled with bottom half teams. Long periods of winless runs, kept picking the same team hoping for different results. Covid probably saves us from relegation, lots of possession with very little goal action. They are welcome to him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Why? Genuine question.

Because I've invested maybe on average 3 or 4 hours a day for more than three years reading about Brighton, watching the games, discussing everything around it, and then the main (or initial) reason for me doing this ****s off to a club that someone would have to pay me to even spend a half hour thinking about?

It hurts.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Part of the leaving deal that Potter has ‘negotiated’ includes Chelsea use of the Elite Performance Centre for two days each week to save him having to drive to Cobham. Albion will use the gym at Sussex Uni on those days.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

You really don't get it do you.

Tony treated Bruno as well as any owner could. He brought him into the club as a player and when he finished playing he treated him like Brighton family. He immediately set about making sure he was kept at the club and made to feel part of the thing he'd been part of building because Bloom rated him so highly as a person.

Then for Bruno to show no loyalty to Bloom at a time when he would need him the most is what is pissing off life long Albion fans.

Tony deserved better than this from Bruno and Roberts and they shit on him because Potter got in their ear and didn't give a shit about how it might impact the club.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I can’t help feeling some are over reacting, Dyche has had a higher finish in the PL than Potter. A handful of home wins yes gives it a go against the big boys has struggled with bottom half teams. Long periods of winless runs, kept picking the same team hoping for different results. Covid probably saves us from relegation, lots of possession with very little goal action. They are welcome to him.

I never know if you're trolling or just a miseryguts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports