Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Graham Potter - ruthless

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I think the demolition of our club management/coaching team shows the reason why he has been so successful at Brighton. He's ruthless. Not a shred of gratitude or acknowledgement of any relationship with Bloom for employing him and Barber for supporting him. He's not only taken all his own toys (Billy, Bjorn, Kyle), but ours too (fan favourites Bruno and Roberts). I presume Crofts, Greer and Weir weren't worth bothering about.

Quite clearly he won't hesitate to come back in January for some our stars too. Of course, I may be wrong, but I doubt it. Like a spurned lover taking everything he can from the end of a relationship. At least now, I can hope they all fail and we march on in to Europe.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
I think the demolition of our club management/coaching team shows the reason why he has been so successful at Brighton. He's ruthless. Not a shred of gratitude or acknowledgement of any relationship with Bloom for employing him and Barber for supporting him. He's not only taken all his own toys (Billy, Bjorn, Kyle), but ours too (fan favourites Bruno and Roberts). I presume Crofts, Greer and Weir weren't worth bothering about.

Quite clearly he won't hesitate to come back in January for some our stars too. Of course, I may be wrong, but I doubt it. Like a spurned lover taking everything he can from the end of a relationship. At least now, I can hope they all fail and we march on in to Europe.

We don't know what was said behind closed doors regards gratitude etc. To think any manager or player should not move onto a bigger club if they come knocking is naive I think. Take the hit, stand up, smile and remember the great times and move forwards!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
He’s thanked Tony, Paul, Squad, staff and fans briefly on the Chelsea website, he’s not exactly going to say much more is he.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Crofts, Greer and Weir aren’t part of the first team coaching setup, so there was no need to take them with him, and in Weirs case it would have been a bit strange. What’s Potter going to say “oh can I bring my boss with me too?”

It’s like some people have never seen a manager leave a club before.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I agree it hurts... I guess this way we get to find out how well prepared we were for this absolute shit storm.

Clear decks and all that, sometimes it's the best way to recover... or not.

Is it possible he was secretly frustrated by our transfer window ?

It feels like things weren't quite a Rosy as it appeared - which is testament to the professionalism of everyone to be honest...

It's going to be a big few weeks for Lewis Dunk, I wanted to say that as he's going to need to gather a group built by GP and now bereft of all the staff they knew.... Christ, how must players like Gilmour, Enciso et al be feeling right now... ? it's not good.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Crofts, Greer and Weir aren’t part of the first team coaching setup, so there was no need to take them with him, and in Weirs case it would have been a bit strange. What’s Potter going to say “oh can I bring my boss with me too?”

It’s like some people have never seen a manager leave a club before.

I do know what C, G and W do, but frankly I couldn't think of other names left to crack the joke with.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Anyone of them could have chosen to stay. Bloom could have offered anyone of them better terms or a better position to stay. Each has made their own decision. They’ve not been strong armed out.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I have to say, I'm now leaning towards the booo camp, on Oct 29th

Of course you'll be booing.

Booing Dale Stephens after 200 games in the club. Booing Ben White on his return. Booing the team after a 0-0 game against Leeds.

Maybe it is one of the reasons people seem so eager to leave.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Of course you'll be booing.

Booing Dale Stephens after 200 games in the club. Booing Ben White on his return. Booing the team after a 0-0 game against Leeds.

Maybe it is one of the reasons people seem so eager to leave.

You are so tiresome. No-one 'booed' the team after Leeds. It was an expession of frustration at the result, not aimed at Potter or the team.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I’ll wish them all good health and happiness...

BUT, I hope ALL their careers go down the shitter tbh.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
40D07B58-5266-4C46-B049-F166DCC7DF3D.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here