Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Graham Potter - ruthless

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I agree it hurts... I guess this way we get to find out how well prepared we were for this absolute shit storm.

Clear decks and all that, sometimes it's the best way to recover... or not.

Is it possible he was secretly frustrated by our transfer window ?

It feels like things weren't quite a Rosy as it appeared - which is testament to the professionalism of everyone to be honest...

It's going to be a big few weeks for Lewis Dunk, I wanted to say that as he's going to need to gather a group built by GP and now bereft of all the staff they knew.... Christ, how must players like Gilmour, Enciso et al be feeling right now... ? it's not good.

Think he towed the party line with regards to strikers and being pleased with what he had. He can get who he wants now but some will have very big chips/ ego's, not sure he can handle that. Don't really care now

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
So you're saying that the booing was directed at no-one and merely a physical reaction connected to the frustration?

Funny, sometimes when I'm frustrated I sigh or similar but I've never let out a 'boo' directed at no-one.

I assume you were in the stadium and could sense the mood of the crowd that day?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Of course you'll be booing.

Booing Dale Stephens after 200 games in the club. Booing Ben White on his return. Booing the team after a 0-0 game against Leeds.

Maybe it is one of the reasons people seem so eager to leave.

Yeah maybe we should boo you and you'd **** off too.

You've got no idea because you are not emotionally invested, and every time there has been any boo's its been a tiny tiny minority. Still you won't acknowledge that because it doesn't fit into your narrative that we are crap fans, bullies and whatever numerous other ridiculous allegations you've made about life long Brighton fans in your 3 years here.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So you're saying that the booing was directed at no-one and merely a physical reaction connected to the frustration?

Funny, sometimes when I'm frustrated I sigh or similar but I've never let out a 'boo' directed at no-one.

What is funny is how butt hurt Potter was by it, there are boos at the end of many games when fans are not happy, he will hear it at Chelsea.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It's shame you're the only c**t that has decided to stay!

143FDF21-0DFA-4BEA-A36F-AD57E09DCF02.jpeg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What is funny is how butt hurt Potter was by it, there are boos at the end of many games when fans are not happy, he will hear it at Chelsea.

As GP said after the game, there will be many games where there would be good reason to boo them but that wasn't one.

But yeah no doubt they'll boo in Chelsea as well. Cultural trait.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think the demolition of our club management/coaching team shows the reason why he has been so successful at Brighton. He's ruthless. Not a shred of gratitude or acknowledgement of any relationship with Bloom for employing him and Barber for supporting him. He's not only taken all his own toys (Billy, Bjorn, Kyle), but ours too (fan favourites Bruno and Roberts). I presume Crofts, Greer and Weir weren't worth bothering about.

Quite clearly he won't hesitate to come back in January for some our stars too. Of course, I may be wrong, but I doubt it. Like a spurned lover taking everything he can from the end of a relationship. At least now, I can hope they all fail and we march on in to Europe.

You obviously haven't read his quotes then?!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Ruthless indeed. I expected him to take the people he brought in with him, but Bruno and Roberts? Jeez. It's like your girlfriend dumping you and then coming back to burgle your house.

Are there any Bruno murals left in Brighton? (I do believe that amateurish one in Ditchling Road has been painted over).

EDIT: It MUST have been discussed long before Tuchel was sacked. I can't believe Bruno and Roberts just turned their backs on the club at the drop of a hat. Or maybe I don't want to believe it.

This the edit
Something really smells here

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I think the demolition of our club management/coaching team shows the reason why he has been so successful at Brighton. He's ruthless. Not a shred of gratitude or acknowledgement of any relationship with Bloom for employing him and Barber for supporting him. He's not only taken all his own toys (Billy, Bjorn, Kyle), but ours too (fan favourites Bruno and Roberts). I presume Crofts, Greer and Weir weren't worth bothering about.

Quite clearly he won't hesitate to come back in January for some our stars too. Of course, I may be wrong, but I doubt it. Like a spurned lover taking everything he can from the end of a relationship. At least now, I can hope they all fail and we march on in to Europe.

This is one of the more pathetic, knee jerk threads I've seen on here, and I'm a long time lurker. Get a grip, all of you.

Anyone in a management position moving from one company to the next will take their best team with them. It being football means nothing as he's not from Brighton and wasn't a Brighton fan. We used him as much as he used us, and we gained a lot from that relationship. Personally I'm more gutted/concerned about Bruno and Roberts leaving than Potter, Reid and Bjorn, but they have a right to further their careers at a bigger club for more money as well.

I'm sure all of them leave with a heavy heart and will hold Brighton dear to their hearts, maybe even hoping to return one day, but you're embarrassingly blinkered if you think someone taking over the top job at a new gig wouldn't want their most trusted staff with them. He will be under great pressure from day 1 to make things work and needs his best crew with him.

We are all Brighton fans, but you all need to get a grip on reality and stop showing yourselves up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Crofts, Greer and Weir aren’t part of the first team coaching setup, so there was no need to take them with him, and in Weirs case it would have been a bit strange. What’s Potter going to say “oh can I bring my boss with me too?”

It’s like some people have never seen a manager leave a club before.

I have never noticed a manager taking every single member of the first team coaching staff. Taking Roberts and Bruno as well is like coming back after giving us a kick in the nuts and sticking the boot in again imo. I understand they wanted to go with him but Potter really has raped and pillaged us very early in the season.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Ok... have you talked to anyone about this?

Let it go Swanny, Potter has left for the next level up and we are all a bit pissed off about the gutting of our club so that he can get there without taking us with him, and doing it for entitled Chelsea twunts that I doubt you have to live next door to, as I do.
I was frustrated by yet another failure to score and win a game we really should have, it is bizzarre but if we had had our backs to the wall all game and defended stoutly for the point we would all have been happier.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Of course you'll be booing.

Booing Dale Stephens after 200 games in the club. Booing Ben White on his return. Booing the team after a 0-0 game against Leeds.

Maybe it is one of the reasons people seem so eager to leave.

Maybe but I reckon it’s quadrupling his wages is the favourite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
To think there were those on here who called him gormless.

The problem with those with high EI is they are indeed calculated, ruthless and will not upset the room until there’s no turning back.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Exactly. I bet Conte and Arteta have faced booing in their current jobs, in fact I heard it after the Albion stuffed them both at their stadia.

Barely a media mention.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here