Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Graham Potter OUT

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
Have just been advised that our next game is against the mighty Spurs, lets give the manager a chance their squad is far better than ours and they are most likely to win so there is no point in blaming Potter,wait until we are matched with a team in the lower half of the league

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A win against Newcastle or Naarch would be more valuable to us than a win against Arsenal or Chelsea.

Quite.

Reminds me of Huddersfield - they were far better than us over the last 2 seasons at getting points off the top 6. But shit against sides around them, hence they went down. We stayed up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Quite.

Reminds me of Huddersfield - they were far better than us over the last 2 seasons at getting points off the top 6. But shit against sides around them, hence they went down. We stayed up.

We are shit at getting points off just about anybody now though :wink:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Without doubt the quality issue is most certainly true. But I continue to question the wisdom of letting Hemed and Knocky go and the more baffling decision recently to bin off Andone (and to a far lesser degree Locadia who clearly was never good enough to play in the PL anyway) after the season was already underway.

I console myself that it is far more entertaining to watch us get nothing from games this season than to watch us get nothing from games last year.

In terms of goals / points Potter is no better than Hughton. But his style of play is far more enjoyable and entertaining.
No better (or worse points wise) after 6 games trying to change the way we play and with key players out injured than Hughton was after 76 games, the last 25 of which should a pretty much continuous decline.

Needs far more time.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Quite.

Complete crap.

In two seasons, Huddersfield took 6 points off the top six:

Liverpool 0
Spurs 0
Man Utd 4
Chelsea 1
Man City 1
Arsenal 0

Whereas we took that off Man Utd alone and have taken twice as many points off the top six:

Liverpool 0
Spurs 1
Man Utd 6
Chelsea 0
Man City 0
Arsenal 5

Huddersfield went down because they were shit, nothing to do with their record against.the top six.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Mind you, it stands to reason we'd rather beat the teams around us than the top six - at least 8 of those games are just free hits.

We nearly went down last season because beating teams around us is something we didn't do. We had a run after Christmas of about seven 6-pointers and lost nearly all of them which nearly sent us down. Luckily Huddersfield were utter crap and we beat them, otherwise we probably would have gone down!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Complete crap.

Liverpool 0
Spurs 0
Man Utd 4
Chelsea 1
Man City 1
Arsenal 0

Whereas we took that off Man Utd alone and have taken twice as many points off the top six:

Liverpool 0
Spurs 1
Man Utd 6
Chelsea 0
Man City 0
Arsenal 5

Huddersfield went down because they were shit, nothing to do with their record against.the top six.

We stayed up last season because they were shit and Andone scored two winners against them. Getting 1/3 of our total points from Huddersfield and a small club called Crystal Palace was great, but ideally need to pick up more points all around this season against the 'Other 14' (or in our case 'Other 13')

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I feel more positive and excited about the Albion than at anytime in their Premier League stay.
It's likely that any 3 teams from Brighton, Palace, Watford, Newcastle, Burnley, Southampton, Villa, Norwich and Sheffield Utd could go down.
Luck will play a huge part and only a few points will separate the survivors from the relegated sides.
So even if we play well and get around 38 points we still have about a 33% chance of going down.
Therefore we might as well have some fun on the way and try and be positive in our approach to games.

Agree, and at the end of the day with being in the Premier League, the best league in the world, every team has an obligation to make it competitive and entertaining which we see from Bournemouth week in week out. Also the only way we can recruit the better players is to make our style of play attractive to them.

Last season the MOTD panel were kind to Hughton as a person but they were cold and apathetic to the style of football we produced and didn't take us seriously.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Complete crap.

Liverpool 0
Spurs 0
Man Utd 4
Chelsea 1
Man City 1
Arsenal 0

Liverpool 0
Spurs 1
Man Utd 6
Chelsea 0
Man City 0
Arsenal 5

Bizarrely aggressive, but fair enough...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree, and at the end of the day with being in the Premier League, the best league in the world, every team has an obligation to make it competitive and entertaining which we see from Bournemouth week in week out. Also the only way we can recruit the better players is to make our style of play attractive to them.

Last season the MOTD panel were kind to Hughton as a person but they were cold and apathetic to the style of football we produced and didn't take us seriously.

Wages help too. Some other bottom half clubs allegedly pay two or three key players more handsomely than other clubs.

Doucoure £70k, Deulofeu £60k, Ings £75k, Redmond £60k, Bertrand £70k, Romeu £65k, Moutinho £100k, Patricio £100k.

Last edited:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Zinedine Zidane will be looking for further employment in the next hour.

Los Blancos are 2-0 down to the mighty Club Brugge, who started in the second qualifying round of the Champions League. They lost their opener 3-0 to PSG.

Go get, ZZ. Tony Bloom! :albion:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
"If Poch doesn't lose his job before this game and is still somehow in charge then Brighton is a must win surely? If he loses to Brighton I don't see how he can keep his job at this point".

This is on the Fighting Cock Spurs Forum this morning. There are loads of Spences out there.

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012
That result had been coming, just didn't expect it to be against Spurs. Played them off the park. Potterball at it's best! UTA!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here